Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2014, 01:57 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,667,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
De facto, the request for an EpiPen IS communication of the seriousness of the situation.

De facto, the request for a fire extinguisher comes BEFORE the fire department arrives or is even called.

You may be suffering from sequence misfolding.

It's that "common sense" thing again.
so in other words when i go to the pharmacy to buy my insulin, according to you i have an immediate need for it? or when i buy my blood pressure meds i have an immediate need for them? oyu dont think i might be buying them to secure my monthly supply?

Quote:
She should NOT have been rushed away from the store of EpiPens at the pharmacy, to the store of EpiPens at the hospital, due to the proximity/timing of available treatment at the drugstore.

Some people get into situations where they really don't have time for bullship.

FROM POST #228:

"A doctor, who was passing by, tried to assist, placing Emma in the recovery position but the rescue attempt was unsuccessful."

"Ambulance staff and firefighters also tried to aid in the recovery but Emma was pronounced dead at Temple Street Children's Hospital less than a kilometer away."

Neither the doctor, the ambulance staff nor the firefighters tried to wrestle a proximate EpiPen away from the pharmacist.

Pharmacists RULE, man.
if mom isnt communicating the urgency of the situation, and the daughter is sitting outside the store so the pharmacist doesnt see her, and no prescription is produced for the medication, then just how is the pharmacist supposed to know there is an emergency need? is he supposed to use the force?

Quote:
Immaterial, due to the mother's request for an EpiPen.

The term "EpiPen" would just SCREAM "urgency", to a non brain dead pharmacist, don't ya think?

The mother's body language made it clear that she wasn't there on a scavenger hunt.
again you are wrong. pharmacists see all kinds of people daily, and they are not all calm cool and collected when buying their meds. some are agitated for a variety of reasons. does that mean every person that comes to buy their meds in an agitated state should get them without a prescription because you are of the opinion that they need them for an emergency? what pharmacy do you work for again? i have some friends that need emergency supplies of oxycontin.

Quote:
EpiPens are anti-reaction devices.

Maybe there are many pharmacists who don't know this.

Conservatives are cowardly reactionaries; their first reaction is, always to protect themselves, even when they are not clearly threatened.
Quote:
Crime: The pharmacist killed her.

Both wrong.

The girl had a lethal reaction to a conservative pharmacist.
Quote:
The pharmacist should have jabbed himself with a first EpiPen, and then the girl with a second EpiPen.
you seem to enjoy showing your emotional side, how about using your brain instead.the pharmacist is NOT a doctor, and the pharmacist DID NOT see the child. given those facts, the pharmacist had no choice but to require a prescription. you can rant and rave all you want about how the pharmacist was being a complete meanie by withholding needed medication thus "killing" the child, but you are coming from emotion rather then common sense. if you were the prosecutor in the case and brought charges against the pharmacist, and i were the judge, and you used the "evidence of emotion" against the pharmacist, as the judge i would toss the case out, and order an investigation into your activities, and order the bar to suspend your license immediately.

Old 01-02-2014, 03:24 PM

13,277 posts, read 7,813,796 times
The pharmacist could have at least offered the girl a packet of peanuts, for the needed energy to get to the hospital.

Old 01-02-2014, 05:49 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,300,450 times
Quote:
At the time, she needed an EpiPen, not a doctor.

You only need a doctor when you are still alive.

These are the fundamentals that most people can easily grasp.
The epi-pen isn't real helpful either, if you're dead.

Old 11-16-2014, 09:45 AM

298 posts, read 411,659 times
What I find entertaining, is that pharmacy has been completely emasculated as a profession, but the pharmacy schools and regulators now require a "Doctor of Pharmacy" to "practice" pharmacy.
Is that the way it should be?
Pharmacy schools have about doubled in the last 10 years. The new PharmD grads are expecting to get professional jobs in a field where they are all dressed up with no where to go. (With $100K+ debt)

In my opinion, the pharmacist is qualified to do much more than they are allowed.

Old 11-16-2014, 10:40 AM

39,806 posts, read 26,322,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flip33 View Post
What I find entertaining, is that pharmacy has been completely emasculated as a profession, but the pharmacy schools and regulators now require a "Doctor of Pharmacy" to "practice" pharmacy.
Pharmacy schools have about doubled in the last 10 years. The new PharmD grads are expecting to get professional jobs in a field where they are all dressed up with no where to go. (With $100K+ debt)

In my opinion, the pharmacist is qualified to do much more than they are allowed.
You have to remember, in the minds of liberals, government bureaucrats know better than trained medical professionals what is proper in every situation. How many more will DIE before this kind of mentality is thrown out the window?

Old 11-16-2014, 10:44 AM

Quote:

Those human dispensers could easily be dispensed with in the not so long future.

Old 11-16-2014, 11:03 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,108,255 times
I can understand the desire to blame the Pharmacist... But he is not licensed to distribute drugs without a prescription.

Not being familiar with the symptoms, I also am not sure I or he has the ability to determine simply by observation that she needed a pen - or something else entirely.

Even if the signs are obvious and well known, then the pharmacist is the only one in a position to determine if helping someone by performing an illegal act (distributing drugs without prescription) is worth his job and his license (and his freedom if an epi-pen was the wrong choice.). How many people in this condition die instantly, rather than suffer for hours? Again, I am not familiar enough with the condition to know.

Why the pharmacist did not call for police and an ambulance is another question I would ask. Did he just stand there like a lump and say, "Sorry, I can't help you. Next please?"

Lastly, had there been a licensed doctor there who could prove he was (how does one do that?) who demanded the pen and the pharmacist refused, then I would agree that the pharmacist was to blame.

Condolences to the family, but maybe there is a need for a shield law that says that a pharmacist should be treated as a "good Samaritan" in this situation, and them they would be willing to do something?

Old 11-16-2014, 11:10 AM

I think I could get a good buzz off epi-pens.

Probably a good party pen.

Old 11-16-2014, 12:06 PM

298 posts, read 411,659 times
Quote:
Those human dispensers could easily be dispensed with in the not so long future.
Yes. Then let's make sure to chop all the over-regulated medical occupations. All medical allied health occupations are highly credentialed. That means those workers depend on laws for the duties they are allowed to perform. Usually, it has nothing to do with ability; but it has everything to do with occupational politics.

Follow the money and power. When those nuns ran hospitals a hundred years ago did micro regulation exist?

Old 11-16-2014, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Yes. Then let's make sure to chop all the over-regulated medical occupations. All medical allied health occupations are highly credentialed. That means those workers depend on laws for the duties they are allowed to perform. Usually, it has nothing to do with ability; but it has everything to do with occupational politics.

Follow the money and power. When those nuns ran hospitals a hundred years ago did micro regulation exist?
'bout time we took the word "care" out of heath care workers.

Maybe get rid of the word "health", too.

And, "wellness", well, that's bureaucratically subjective, and marginal at best. (a liberal term)

In the future, I can see a person needing a "treaty" to obtain "treatment".

Probably, an electronic device treaty.

Treatment workers?

Too bad the age of aquarius has so much to do with Uranus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies