Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2013, 06:41 PM

8,891 posts, read 5,369,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppalachianAmerican View Post
I never said they should work for nothing.
" I am 100% for healthcare for everyone for free at that." That was your statement in an earlier post.

If I'm not paying, because it's free, who is going to pay them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2013, 06:47 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
Really? Its acting like a spoiled brat because doctors who go to school to treat people for sickness etc won't do their jobs because they aren't making enough money? Give me a break.This materialistic society is sick. Really sick.
uhmm..its about being able to make enough to cover your overhead

the fascist liberals just cant figure it out...one size does not fit all

Old 12-28-2013, 06:47 PM

278 posts, read 273,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
What type of job do you have that you are willing to give away someone elses labor and time?
None of your business what I do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
LOL Why should they provide you something on the cheap?
Well vets do it because it brings in more business. I now take my dog to a vet that has low income shots/neuter clinics. She got my business because she had that and I took him to get shots and I liked how she treated my dog.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
" I am 100% for healthcare for everyone for free at that." That was your statement in an earlier post.

If I'm not paying, because it's free, who is going to pay them?
The government I already told you that. Just like they pay the military that does include doctors.The people should benefit from things first. If you have a valuable skill then it should be used not just for profit but for helping others. Lawyers do pro bono work Doctors can as well in some cases.

Old 12-28-2013, 06:50 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
It's different though. Doctors lose money as the reimbursement for government provided health insurance is lower.

If all doctors accepted SOME (e.g. 10%) Medicaid patients, they wouldn't be overrun with Medicaid patient the some doctors now necessarily must be.

Old 12-28-2013, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
uhmm..its about being able to make enough to cover your overhead

the fascist liberals just cant figure it out...one size does not fit all
Then lower the overhead. Vets manage to do it. They do low income clinics. Hell my vet even gave me free flea medicine for my dog because I couldn't afford it at the time. I will stand by what I said. If you think doctors should be allowed to just deny services to citizens because they can't pay you are an evil evil person. You are practically wishing death on people in some cases. Hell why not put them on a payment plan? EVERYONE can pay a little here and there. That's even better than medicaid especially if the person is just down on their luck at the moment and will bounce back eventually...But the best system is free healthcare...shall we look at how much more advanced countries that have that are?

Old 12-28-2013, 06:54 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
I never said they should work for nothing. Do you even read my replies? Not everyone is on medicaid/medicare. Plenty of people can afford the outrageous prices for service and do pay. Doctors in the military do their jobs just fine and they are getting paid according to rank not anything else. Vets do low income shots and neutering etc...why can't doctors be like those folks why do they need to have EVERYONE pay for something they need but can't afford? Are they just supposed to die because of that? LOL Why would I pay for their schooling? If they were smart they went through the military and did it.
So now they not only need to provide care for nothing, (and yes, thats exactly what you are saying), but they now need to do it through the military as well.

What a fascist...

Old 12-28-2013, 06:56 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
None of your business what I do..
Sure it is.. If you're going to wine about what others are doing, then clearly what you do becomes relevant..

Old 12-28-2013, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So now they not only need to provide care for nothing, (and yes, thats exactly what you are saying), but they now need to do it through the military as well.

What a fascist...
The doctors in the military are soldiers and get paid according to rank. They don't get special pay because they are doctors. I will take being called a fascist any day over being the one wanting to make sure the poor and disabled don't get healthcare because they can't afford it. Just some real sick minds here.Won't treat a poor sick person so you can make sure you get paid...just sickening.

Old 12-28-2013, 06:59 PM

The Soviet Union implemented universal health care in 1937 and extended equal access to its rural residents in 1969.[2][3] New Zealand created a universal health care system in a series of steps from 1939 to 1941.[2][4] On July 5, 1948, the United Kingdom implemented its universal National Health Service. Universal health care was next introduced in the Nordic countries of Sweden (1955),[5] Iceland (1956),[6] Norway (1956),[7] Denmark (1961),[8] and Finland (1964).[9] Universal health insurance was then implemented in Japan (1961), Saskatchewan (1962) followed by the rest of Canada (1968–1972),[2][10] and twice in Australia (1974 and 1984). Universal national health services were then introduced in the Southern European countries of Italy (1978), Portugal (1979), Greece (1983), and Spain (1986), followed by the Asian countries of South Korea (1989), Taiwan (1995), and Israel (1995). From the 1970s to 1990s, the Western European countries of Austria, Belgium, France, Germany,[11] and Luxembourg expanded their social health insurance systems to provide universal or near-universal coverage, as did the Netherlands (1986 and 2006) and Switzerland (1996).

All them darn 3rd world countries! EVIL!!!!!

Old 12-28-2013, 07:01 PM

double post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies