Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2013, 09:22 PM

8,885 posts, read 5,366,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppalachianAmerican View Post
So deal with it. People getting life saving medical care comes before you getting a new porsche mmk doc?You are still getting private insurers paying and citizens paying cash.
Perhaps those of us paying cash and private insurance are a bit tired of gimme, gimme, gimme.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2013, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I don't know if YOU, personally, missed anything. But many people missed the fact that Appalachian clearly stated doctors have to be PAID too.
Quote:
Profits over People again. Not a surprise really. I am 100% for healthcare for everyone for free at that. But government needs to make sure the docs do get paid for their work,can't expect them to help their fellow man just out of the kindness of their heart can we!?
This is a prior post from Appalachian. In one sentence, he claims he's for healthcare for everyone for free. Then says government should pay doctors.

On another topic, does the government have lots of trees or something where money grows freely and they just harvest it? I thought it raised money by taxation.

Old 12-28-2013, 09:30 PM

Quote:

Well vets do it because it brings in more business. I now take my dog to a vet that has low income shots/neuter clinics. She got my business because she had that and I took him to get shots and I liked how she treated my dog.
Oh my, I hope your dog isn't over the age of 10. We have someone on another thread that thinks you're committing a sin if you pay too much for veterinary care for a dog after age 10. It should be euthanized and the savings sent to the local homeless shelter.

Old 12-28-2013, 09:35 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,292,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
This is a prior post from Appalachian. In one sentence, he claims he's for healthcare for everyone for free. Then says government should pay doctors.

On another topic, does the government have lots of trees or something where money grows freely and they just harvest it? I thought it raised money by taxation.

What are you confused about? Appalachian is for government funded health insurance. He never said doctors shouldn't be paid.

Old 12-28-2013, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
What are you confused about? Appalachian is for government funded health insurance. He never said doctors shouldn't be paid.
He said healthcare for free.

Old 12-28-2013, 09:44 PM

169 posts, read 195,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
He said healthcare for free.
It's why you can't take AA seriously. He hasn't quite figured out Free Healthcare and paying Medical Professionals does not compute.

Who said there is nothing so expensive as free healthcare ?

Old 12-28-2013, 09:52 PM

19,833 posts, read 12,090,217 times
Quote:
I never said they should work for nothing. Do you even read my replies? Not everyone is on medicaid/medicare. Plenty of people can afford the outrageous prices for service and do pay. Doctors in the military do their jobs just fine and they are getting paid according to rank not anything else. Vets do low income shots and neutering etc...why can't doctors be like those folks why do they need to have EVERYONE pay for something they need but can't afford? Are they just supposed to die because of that? LOL Why would I pay for their schooling? If they were smart they went through the military and did it.
You might be on to something there....

Old 12-28-2013, 11:07 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,474,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
You forgot to mention that social security will take in that much in FICA.

Social Security has taken in more than it has spent for 78 of it's 80 year existence. It's only been the last two years it has had a shortfall due to the unemployment. It is projected to have a surplus for 2013 and 2014 as the unemployment rate has gone down.

See.......everybody talks about the cost of social security. The government takes in 3.5 trillion a year but pays out 800 billion in social security. Blah, Blah, Blah.

The conservatives fail to mention that of that 3.5 trillion, 800 billion is collected in FICA and MUST be paid to the Social Security Administration. It is non discretionary income earmarked for one thing......Social Security.
how about post accurate numbers

the TOTAL government REVENUE (money it takes in) is 2.7 trillion

the budget is 3.7 trillion

having an annual DEFICIT of 1 trillion

meanwhile we have a national DEBT of 17 trillion

meanwhile SS has had a deficit for a few years now, and the cbo predicts from now on

Old 12-28-2013, 11:12 PM

Quote:
It actually costs more to keep them all overseas than it does to bring them here and transfer about 75% to either early retirement or a civil guard.I would even if I ran things come up with all that extra money from not having to police the world suggest or invest in many new ventures here in America. Get these former military folks to open factories that had gone overseas etc...give them an incentive to do things here...well within limits though for starters a livable wage. Henry Ford did it they can do it. I am full of great ideas. They may scare people but I have only the best intentions for all people.
NO IT DOESNT

the troops we have in Germany.....GERMANY PAYS for...its part of the status of forces agreement

75% to early retirement...we cut the size of the military by nearly half in the 90's we are actually to small right now to properly man the war fighter plan

civil guard..uhm...the liberals gutted the reserves/national guard in the 90s'

btw I am retired military (25 years retired Army First Sergeant)

Old 12-28-2013, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Actually they are choosing to not take on medicaid patients. I bet they don't mind taking cash and private insurance payers though. That is discrimination
nope...its choosing who you do business with

if I provide a service and NEED $50 per service to breakeven. $60 to make a 1% profit,..and the cash guy is willing to pay$55..the insurance guy is willing to pay $55, but the other entity (the government) is only willing to pay $30 ((WHICH DOESNT COVER MY BILLS))...who do you think I will NOT take

especially if they are extremely SLOW to actually pay the bill (the government is infamous for that)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies