Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2013, 04:57 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
But since you are so rich, you can afford much higher taxes (unlike many of us) why did you need the government to force you to give, why didn't you help them pay for health insurance yourself?

I'm hardly rich.

The rest of your post is just so highly immature it doesn't merit response.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2013, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I've seen a lot of that first hand. People opt NOT to get health insurance because they know the government will give them Medicaid. Medicaid is better for them because with Medicaid, there are no co-pays, no limits on care like there can be with Medicare and private insurance.

HUH??

Before ACA you could not just get Medicaid because you opted out of health insurance.

Old 12-29-2013, 05:11 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
HUH??

Before ACA you could not just get Medicaid because you opted out of health insurance.
wellllll

you get Medicaid if: you make UNDER s certain threshold , and you don't have other care

if you OPT not to get care from your employer..and you make under the threshold (for your family size) then YES you can get it...this is BEFORE obozocare...and now even WORSE with it

Old 12-29-2013, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
wellllll

you get Medicaid if: you make UNDER s certain threshold , and you don't have other care

if you OPT not to get care from your employer..and you make under the threshold (for your family size) then YES you can get it...this is BEFORE obozocare...and now even WORSE with it

YES!!! If YOU made UNDER a certain amount of money! NOT just if you opted out of healthcare.

Old 12-29-2013, 05:49 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,761,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
The idea that people go to medical school because they want to "help people" and "save lives" is so.....quaint.
Most pay through their butts for med school. Gee, so selfish of them to want to one day make a living at it as a reward for their hard work.

Old 12-29-2013, 06:02 PM

278 posts, read 273,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I can no longer afford to buy my own health insurance thanks to the ACA but I'm glad that my tax dollars can still pay for someone else to have health insurance. That seems really fair to me.
That sucks. Get on medicaid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletrouble View Post
Repubs are not against you working hard, learning a skill, getting a better job and better benefits.
Problem is when folks like you want it given to them.
Do work hard,did learn a skill,would love a better paying job nothing out there right now maybe come fall there will be once we move,I have absolutely no interest in learning a new skill..I hate school and did what I needed to do to get by and get a skill I can use. What needs done is a living minimum wage for everyone. Not fair for a CEO to make millions when his workers need welfare to get by.
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
ahhh there it is

you and your wife are OFFERED health care through your work and you REFUSE. looking for the tax payer to pay for YOUR bills

enough taxes taxen???...you di understand if we went to a singlepayer your taxes would go up ...extremely high

singlepayer to cover 320 million people would cost between 3 trillion (for a 75/25 type coverage) to 6 trillion for a 100% coverage (minus cosmetic and the normal typy of denials you see through medicare/caid)

meanwhile there are less than 100 million tax payers...that means an average of 25,000 to 60,000 dollars tax increase per taxpayer
We would have to pay for it which means an extra expense. No thanks.With single payer yes I know that but that also means we won't need medicaid anymore and I am willing to pay more out of my livable wage to make sure all my fellow citizens is taken care of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
I'm going to clue you in on something..... Doctors give until they bleed.... But you liberals can't understand that.... They are some of the most giving people there are out there.. You are so set in your dumb ass ways even after someone broke it down for you you still don't get it....And don't bother answering me because I can' put up with your stupid ass ****!!!!!!!!!
Mad?

Old 12-29-2013, 06:07 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppalachianAmerican View Post
I don't qualify. Also, I'm not a huge fan of others paying my way. I could afford insurance prior to the implementation of the ACA and now I can't. That is ridiculous.

Old 12-29-2013, 06:21 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,935,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I don't qualify. Also, I'm not a huge fan of others paying my way. I could afford insurance prior to the implementation of the ACA and now I can't. That is ridiculous.
I have a lady friend in the same boat. She had good insurance and now she is in effect without insurance thanks to ACA. It's happening to a lot of people...

Old 12-29-2013, 06:26 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
YES!!! If YOU made UNDER a certain amount of money! NOT just if you opted out of healthcare.
thats not true. One can apply for "hardship" if they become injured and qualify for temporary medicaid assistance to pay their bills in they become injured, regardless of how much money they made before.

Old 12-29-2013, 06:29 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
That makes no sense.. people should cut their salaries so they qualify for a government program?
Quote:
I am willing to pay more out of my livable wage to make sure all my fellow citizens is taken care of.
Then why do you choose to not pay more now so you have a better choice of doctors, then you wont have to moan about the doctors not taking your type of patients?

Put your money where your mouth is..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies