Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2013, 04:00 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Absolutely true, what you say.

Coincidentally, it is only some republican states that have refused to expand medicaid in accordance with the ACA. As the states are the ones setting payment schedules to doctors, and the ACA has mandated that those participating must increase their payment schedules to meet or exceed medicare, that leaves only some republican states that are underpaying their doctors.

If that is the case, why are people slamming obamacare and tying it in to the fact that some doctors are not getting paid enough to cover expenses for Medicaid patients?

Wouldn't the whole problem go away if just those republican states who are not participating in the expansion, voluntarily raise their payment schedule to meet or exceed Medicare rates?

If their not willing to do that then I suggest that this thread is a useless exercise in attempting to brand Obamacare at fault for an exclusive republican problem.
And there's Dem states that refused to expand as well.
Why only fixate on states with republican governors ?

Only 25 states expanded medicaid. The others did not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2013, 04:04 PM

8,882 posts, read 5,365,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
I didn't say they should do it for free. They should just be paid whatever the government thinks they are worth.
They have chosen not to take what the government says they are worth. So what's the problem?

Old 12-28-2013, 04:09 PM

Quote:

If their not willing to do that then I suggest that this thread is a useless exercise in attempting to brand Obamacare at fault for an exclusive republican problem.
Why do BO's supporters think everyone has somehow incurred an obligation to support this piece of junk called the ACA?

Old 12-28-2013, 04:17 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Why do BO's supporters think everyone has somehow incurred an obligation to support this piece of junk called the ACA?
Probably because it's the law of the land???????????

I don't know, just a wild hairy-assed guess.

Old 12-28-2013, 04:20 PM

Quote:

Well it's also the law of the land that states don't have to expand their Medicaid programs. I'm seeing lots of people not be terribly supportive of that part of the law.

Old 12-28-2013, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And there's Dem states that refused to expand as well.
Why only fixate on states with republican governors ?

Only 25 states expanded medicaid. The others did not.
That's news to me. Honestly.

Perhaps you could show me some democratically controlled states with democratic legislatures that have withheld expanding the Medicaid provision of the ACA.
Here is a current map of participants. All I see are Democratic states, FOR expansion and even some republican states like Kentucky plus my home state of Arizona which is as red as you get.

All the rest are republican, middle nation and southern states. actually the ones who need it the most as each one of them receive more federal dollars than they contribute. I read the entire link and it breaks down the states one by one and every one of the 21 states that are currently turning down the expansion are republican controlled states.

Where the states stand on Medicaid expansion | The Advisory Board Daily Briefing

Last edited by mohawkx; 12-28-2013 at 04:40 PM..

Old 12-28-2013, 04:27 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times
Quote:

Ever gone faster than the speed limit? Maybe run a stop sign or jay walked? Smoked pot or used another illegal narcotic? Guess what... People will find a way to avoid obeying this "law of the land" too.

Old 12-28-2013, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Well it's also the law of the land that states don't have to expand their Medicaid programs. I'm seeing lots of people not be terribly supportive of that part of the law.
Probably because those that are not expanding their medicaid programs are setting the payment schedules too low for doctors and hospitals to break even and more doctors are refusing to take Medicaid patients to protect their practices in those states. Something you've already commented against.

Old 12-28-2013, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Ever gone faster than the speed limit? Maybe run a stop sign or jay walked? Smoked pot or used another illegal narcotic? Guess what... People will find a way to avoid obeying this "law of the land" too.
Nobody said they wouldn't but that don't make it right.

Old 12-28-2013, 04:42 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
That's news to me. Honestly.

Perhaps you could show me some democratically controlled states with democratic legislatures that have withheld expanding the Medicaid provision of the ACA.
Here is a current map of participants. All I see are Democratic states, FOR expansion and even some republican states like Kentucky plus my home state of Arizona which is as red as you get.

All the rest are republican, middle nation and southern states. actually the ones who need it the most as each one of them receive more federal dollars than they contribute.

Where the states stand on Medicaid expansion | The Advisory Board Daily Briefing
You mean you're in this thread saying the Republicans didn't expand medicaid and you didn't even know which states expanded and which didn't ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies