Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2013, 08:07 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,634,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
I do not claim to be a vid expert but have seen several and in not one vid have I seen a black knocking out a black.
We know there will be a trial and if the guy has a good lawyer he might not be found guilty on the hate crime. Still I hope the judge throws the book at him for doing such a cowardly thing.
You need to get out more often.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2013, 08:09 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,094,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
politically correct bs..
What?

Old 12-26-2013, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Blacks are rarely charged with a "hate crime". Besides.....most of their victims are black.
What?

Old 12-26-2013, 08:20 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,994,436 times
Who "investigates those motives and interpretation" ?? I mean cmon. Hate crime laws are just stupid. You don't think a biased prosecutor has never used hate crime law to "stick it" to somebody? It's pure BS. You commit a crime you do the time............this hate crime crap is bogus. Sorry if you don't agree. Folks want to tack on a PC crime for doing a crime. The crime in itself should be enough. Oh I forget liberals aren't happy..............lol. Just unreal

Old 12-26-2013, 08:22 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Oh well...big dummy. I could care less what he got charged under so long as he gets charged with punching the guy.

Old 12-26-2013, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Who "investigates those motives and interpretation" ?? I mean cmon. Hate crime laws are just stupid. You don't think a biased prosecutor has never used hate crime law to "stick it" to somebody? It's pure BS. You commit a crime you do the time............this hate crime crap is bogus. Sorry if you don't agree. Folks want to tack on a PC crime for doing a crime. The crime in itself should be enough. Oh I forget liberals aren't happy..............lol. Just unreal
Who investigates? Um, that would be the police and prosecutors. And bias motivated intent is very hard to prove - that's why there are so few "hate crime" prosecutions. That said, anytime a prosecutor has such evidence, he pursues the enhancement - as he should. I truly don't understand how anybody could be against these get tough on crime laws (and if somebody were against them, I'd expect it to be a bleeding-heart liberal who thinks it's too harsh of a way to treat criminals).

Old 12-26-2013, 08:44 PM

9,885 posts, read 10,965,657 times
Quote:
He should just be charge with his crime. These hate crime laws are completely stupid IMO.
I agree. Let's see, a Caucasian guy with a pistol robs a store owned by a Hispanic woman. How many things can he be charged with?
1. Armed robbery
2. Felony while in possession of a weapon
3. Hate crime, Hispanic owned store
4. hate crime, female owned store
5. Hate crime, store owner richer than him.
6. (maybe) Hate crime, store owner lesbian.
anything else?

Old 12-26-2013, 08:53 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,102,251 times
Quote:
He should just be charge with his crime. These hate crime laws are completely stupid IMO.
Some of the racist remarks he made on social media were so vile they couldn't be repeated on the news reports. This man was doing this out of hate, no other reason, other than he is a loser, of course. Throw the book at every one of these jerks they catch.

Old 12-26-2013, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I agree. Let's see, a Caucasian guy with a pistol robs a store owned by a Hispanic woman. How many things can he be charged with?
1. Armed robbery
anything else?

First of all, a "hate crime" is not a separate charge - it's a sentence enhancement. Secondly, the criminal is either motivated by bias or not - it doesn't matter how many biases he used to target the victim. Lastly, he can only be prosecuted with a bias motivated sentence enhancement if there is EVIDENCE that the motivating factor behind his attack was her ethnicity or sexual orientation or gender. The simple fact he's white and she's an Hispanic lesbian means nothing.

Old 12-26-2013, 09:00 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,894,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
1. Armed robbery
anything else?
It'd be real weird if that "Hispanic" was of straight Swedish heritage but was born and raised in LatAm and the "Caucasian" was an Englishman with the last name "Rodriguez". LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies