Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 10:27 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
What would you expect from a Christian pastor? I'm a bit confuzled.
Probably not this:

Quote:
John Hagee was the leader of the charismatic Trinity Church in 1975 and was the father of two children. John Hagee had an adulterous affair with a woman and admitted to immorality in front of his church. Pastor John Hagee then divorced the mother of his two children and married a younger woman (Diana Castro, now Diana Hagee) from that same congregation. Pastor John Hagee willfully abused his position of trust and power to take advantage of a younger gullible woman and cheat on his wife.

Quote:
Pastor John Hagee has grown into an enormously wealthy man. In the year 2001, his organization filed revenues of $18.3 million dollars with the IRS. What was John Hagee’s personal compensation package worth? More than $1.25 million dollars.
Pastor John Hagee Scandal - Heresy, Fraud, Adultery and Hate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2013, 10:34 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,035,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
"Merry Christmas" acknowledges the reason for the holiday.

Is that why liberals hate it - because it references the word "Christ" - and Jesus Christ is whose birth is being celebrated?

How awful! We can't acknowledge the actual birthday boy!

Or is that the problem. Jesus Christ is a male, and liberals think that it is sexist that he isn't a woman?

Prove it really IS his birthday, you can't, so people can believe what they will. Your second statement leads me to believe Harrier had too much egg nog. LeaveWI feels people like the OP referenced are close minded and go against the actual teachings of Christ himself, who would never act like 99% of his followers do. LeaveWI also feels America sucks because of people and attitudes like that.

Old 12-26-2013, 10:45 PM

15,530 posts, read 10,501,555 times
I've never heard of John Hagee, so I don't give a rat's ass what he has to say. I mostly say Merry Christmas, but I also use Season's Greeting, Happy Holidays and so on.

Old 12-26-2013, 11:02 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Merry Christmas is appreciated because it's being friendly. It is said during the Christmas season for obvious reasons. No one is going to say it in June..
No one has mentioned "Christmas in June" except you.

This must be "liberal logic" which is nonexistent.

Whatever.

Old 12-26-2013, 11:05 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Yes, this is a fellow American who has a huge following of other fellow Americans. I'm ashamed of this country.

RWW News: John Hagee Says People Who Don't Like "Merry Christmas" Should Leave The Country - YouTube
He will probably die early because hating and judging everyone can be very stressful. Seriously, why can't people just mind their own business. Just because your neighbor doesn't have a Christmas tree, doesn't mean you can't. Or just because your neighbor is gay, doesn't mean you have to be. People just need to mind their own ____ business lol.

Old 12-26-2013, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
I say Merry Christmas...
Good on you mate(or matette)!

Last edited by Harrier; 12-26-2013 at 11:16 PM..

Old 12-26-2013, 11:08 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,463,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
No one has mentioned "Christmas in June" except you.

This must be "liberal logic" which is nonexistent.

Whatever.
Jesus was born in the summer or fall, not at the co-opted winter solstice.

Old 12-26-2013, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
And no, i don't care that he was supposedly a male. I'm just not gonna worship him, that's all.
You don't have to worship him, although Harrier would recommend that you did.

He did make you, and died in your place as a sacrifice to save you from the due penalty for your sins, because he loves you.

He was resurrected so that we may also live.

Now that Harrier has explained the essence of the gospel, maybe you can at least bring yourself to say "Merry Christmas".

It is the civilized thing to do, after all.

Old 12-26-2013, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Jesus was born in the summer or fall, not at the co-opted winter solstice.
We don't know that.

So what if he his birthday is not exactly 12/25?

We are discussing the holiday greeting here, not the exact date.

Old 12-26-2013, 11:13 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
More peace and love from the christian right, how unexpected
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies