Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 02:42 PM

18,353 posts, read 26,476,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell Phillips View Post
The right to have a gun - like all rights - is subject to law.
Registration is an invasion of privacy.

The law should only be involved with what people do with guns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2013, 02:43 PM

2,836 posts, read 3,494,256 times
There is no express constitutional right to privacy.

Old 12-27-2013, 02:49 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,757,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Moderates and the less informed voters are going to remember and hear Benghazi, Syria, Obamacare come 2016 and that won't do any good for the Democrats.
Honestly no one cares about Benghazi other than some republicans, and illogically, lots of people will become accustomed to or will agree with the ACA by then. Republican thought the same thing the last election. People still voted for Obama despite of his bad record because all Republicans had to offer is insults and negativity. That has not changed. If they spend the whole time talking about what the past prez did or didn't do while still informing people how lazy, uneducated, and ungodly they are, they will lose again.

Old 12-27-2013, 02:50 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,323,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
That isn't my fantasy, it's yours.
None of this matters though because as I said, it's never gonna happen. We agree on that fact.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
They do? One hundred million gun owners / one point four million in the armed services and that doesn't account for people who would defect, making their numbers even smaller and possibly growing ours. I think we have the man power but that is neither here nor there because guns will not be banned in that way. It will be a slow process of back door bans and arbitrary laws like this one in CT that will be the undoing of gun ownership here in the states.... One step at a time. Bit by bit until eventually there is nothing left to fight for even if you wanted to.
The bolded lines here are the ones I was saying was a paranoid delusion. There isn't a big plan to take the guns.

Old 12-27-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Nope. this man right here will be the next president.

He 100 percent represents America!
Do you listen to conservative radio, blogs, political TV talk shows, etc? A lot of Republicans hate him and Mccain. Fox, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, and even standing members of his own peers hate this guy. I agree that he has a chance, but only if he gets a chance and the full support of his party. They're already talking about him as if he's dirt.

Old 12-27-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Hundreds of thousand of Americans have died defending the rights we have, and your cowardice and ignorance are an insult to every single person that has put on the uniform. Are you a traitor, or just ignorant about what freedom is, and don't understand how easily it can be lost.

And not a single life will be saved by this violation of constitutional rights of the citizens of CT, and will make many law abiding citizens criminals with the stroke of a pen in the hands of a very stupid government.
No rights have been taken away. Period.

Old 12-27-2013, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rob123 View Post
The bolded lines here are the ones I was saying was a paranoid delusion. There isn't a big plan to take the guns.
No guns were banned during the Clinton registration and even more in the previous 2013 bill that were to be banned?

The most popular, most owned, and most purchased firearms weren't going to become illegal to manufacture as an attempt in, dianne feinstein's own words, to drive up prices and decrease supply? AKA A back door way of making a firearm no longer available to the public AKA the same effect as a ban?

If I say, I'm not banning cars, but I'm going to ban adjustable seats, cars that can go over 70 mph, cars with racing tires, cars that look fast (such as in having spoilers), cars with V8 engines, would that not in effect take away millions of peoples cars without actually coming right out and specifically banning their cars?

Last edited by DoniDanko; 12-27-2013 at 03:04 PM..

Old 12-27-2013, 03:02 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,567,180 times
Selective Service registration = Draft cannon fodder.

Gun registration = gun confiscation when the Stinkocrats get the chance.

Old 12-27-2013, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
No guns were banned during the Clinton registration and even more in the previous 2013 bill that were to be banned?

The most popular, most owned, and most purchased firearms weren't going to become illegal to manufacture as an attempt in, dianne feinstein's own words, to drive up prices and decrease supply? AKA A back door way of making a firearm no longer available to the public AKA the same effect as a ban?

If I say, I'm not banning cars, but I'm going to ban adjustable seats, cars that can go over 70 mph, cars with racing tires, cars that look fast (such as in having spoilers), cars with V8 engines, would that not in effect take away millions of peoples cars without actually coming right out and specifically banning their cars?
That's fine. They can restrict different types of guns, and people who own those guns will have to have them confiscated. Again, that is not unconstitutional.
The constitution guarantees the right to have a gun, that's it. If new technology has created all sorts of different types of guns, those are not guaranteed under the constitution.

Old 12-27-2013, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Selective Service registration = Draft cannon fodder.

Gun registration = gun confiscation when the Stinkocrats get the chance.
What grade are you in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies