Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 01:23 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
you liberals keep asking this question, and us conservatives constantly give you the answer, and yet you continue to ask the question. my question to you is why? do you have a learning disability? memory problems?
It's the same as healthcare. Liberals keep saying that Republicans have no solutions for healthcare when the GOP website has details of the Republican solution to healthcare. The Tea Party's candidate for president in 2012 was a black man, but the Tea Party is racist. The Democrats chaired the budget and finance committees in both the House and the Senate for the two years leading up to and the two years following the financial collapse but it was Bush who caused the collapse and the Republicans who prevented recovering from it. Republicans proposed and passed Medicare Part D but Republicans want to throw grandma off a cliff. The Iraq War was approved with a Democrat majority in the Senate but the war was Bush's war that Democrats opposed.

They have their narratives and they simply stick to them. It doesn't matter that those talking points do not match reality. They simply ignore it and press on with their party line. Liberal A tells it to Liberal B and Liberal B tells it to Liberal A and suddenly it must be true because it's simply common knowledge that they hear everywhere. And if you prove them wrong, they simply dismiss what you say since you're a conservative so what you say doesn't matter. Like, you know, Fox lies all the time. Even though if you ask for examples of Fox News lying, they don't have have any.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2013, 01:33 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Yes, that is strange. The Tea Party actually wanted a true black man, not a half-and-half from a very privileged background, for president and the liberals absolutely hated him.

Old 12-30-2013, 01:40 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
It's the same as healthcare. Liberals keep saying that Republicans have no solutions for healthcare when the GOP website has details of the Republican solution to healthcare.
They have no solution. The (D)'s website also had all kinds of niceties about ending the wars and spying on American's when there was a (R) in the White House.

Both parties make all sort of grand claims until they actually have to implement them.

Old 12-30-2013, 02:07 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,494,000 times
Cutting vacations won't even make a dent in our debt lmfao.

Old 12-30-2013, 02:25 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,084,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
To my liberal friends, please don't respond to this thread because I'm making a point, and I don't want this thread to get hijacked. You'll understand later. To my republican opponents, just tell me what spending you would cut to get to a balanced budget. its that simple. Have fun.
90 posts and the OP still hasn't enlightened his fellow liberals.......

Old 12-30-2013, 04:07 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post

just cut the budget as I listed, would make a huge debt reduction.

Old 12-30-2013, 05:30 PM

2,025 posts, read 4,175,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I've noticed that liberals tend to have this attitude that if a cut "won't even make a dent in our debt" then there is no reason to make it. No, we make that cut, and cut off funding for the $23K robot squirrel, and the other fun stuff our gummint blows your money on.

Top 10 Examples of Government Waste in 2013

No single item is really even close to rounding error. Does that mean we shouldn't cut it? Are you going to use the $99K outhouse?

And this after Pelosi absolutely stated that there was no, none, not a bit of unneeded spending. Any cuts would be a disaster!

Old 12-30-2013, 05:38 PM

2,025 posts, read 4,175,120 times
I'm pretty sure the OP thought there wouldn't be any specific cuts offered. He, along with too many other statists, believe their own propaganda and media template. Conservatives are stupid, herdthink louts who hate everybody who isn't white and Christian. They ought to get out more, kind of like Pauline Kael's famous quote regarding Nixon's win-"I live in a rather special world. I only know one person who voted for Nixon. Where they are I don't know. They're outside my ken. But sometimes when I'm in a theater I can feel them."

Old 12-30-2013, 05:43 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Off the top of my head, since it is the federal budget we are talking about:

1) Amend the Social Security and Medicare laws to add 1 month to the 100% eligibility age every 3 months until the 100% benefit age is 77. Neither of those plans was designed to be collected by too many people nor for too long, that's why when it was designed, the retirement age was higher than average life expectancy.

2) Cancel and then renegotiate every proprietary government contract for anything in any department. IBM, Lockheed, McDonnell Douglas et al basically have lifetime "print us more money" contracts from the federal government, that are filled to overflowing with waste, fraud and abuse.

3) Abolish - DoEd, DoE, HUD, and maybe like a dozen other alphabet departments that are nothing more than gofer/couriers between Congress and K-Street.

4) Begin attrition based reduction of federal workforce by making new hires <= 50% of departures for a period of 10 years, written into law for every department that doesn't get abolished.

5) Obviously, kill ObamaCare.

6) Reduce Medicaid contributions to the states.

7) Kill foreign aid completely.

8) Bounce the UN off American soil, reduce contributions to UN and IMF to be commensurate with our population as percentage of world, as in "the US population represents ~5% of the world's population, so the US will represent ~5% of the funding to international organizations"

9) Stop being the military for half the 1st World.

10) Reduce income assistance in any form by 50% across the board.

11) Publish the expense account of every elected federal official online via spreadsheet or searchable database, as well as every contribution received by them from anyone in any amount.

12) Kill anything listed in CAGW's "Pig Book."

That's a start.
I'd agree but for people who've done hard physical work for most of their lives; full SS benefits by 77 years of age is too much to ask.

Old 12-30-2013, 08:37 PM

1,251 posts, read 2,577,239 times
10 percent right off the top from everyone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies