Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2014, 03:23 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,676,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
LoL predictable mainstream media ignoring facts when it doesn't serve their agenda-

How convenient! MSM ignores that trapped scientists were researching climate change

John Nolte (@NolteNC): I bet if those global warming researchers had found what they were looking for, the media woulda reported who they are.

Charles C. W. Cooke (@charlescwcooke): I'm struggling to think of another instance in which researchers being struck by something they said wouldn't happen wouldn't make the news.
It's doubly ironic when the Chinese ice breaker, that went to rescue the global warming research team, is not stuck in the ice as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2014, 03:33 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,450,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfemi View Post
Even forgetting about climate change, it takes a total imbecile not to realize mankind cause hideous deadly smog, polluted streams that catch on fire, nuclear radiation poisoning from meltdowns of power plants, into the ocean, massive oil spills, great harm to living creatures of the ocean and land mammals as well. Garbage dumps across the nation and the world with less and less places to bury it. Deniers are selfish, self centered pigs that don't give a rats patootie about keeping the world from self imploding into a pile of our own muck.
All of which are local, not global. Only a completely insane liberal freak could blame the global climate on local conditions. As expected, liberal freaks will take any minor local incident and completely blow it out of all proportions. "Never let a crisis go to waste", remember? The two most revered traits among liberal freaks is epitomized by Obama and the Clintons - no honor, and no truth.

Therefore, anything any liberal freak has to say on any subject you can be absolutely certain it is a lie.

Old 01-03-2014, 03:35 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Heh, now the Chinese ice breaker is trapped by all that "global warming".

Old 01-03-2014, 03:52 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,265,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
It's doubly ironic when the Chinese ice breaker, that went to rescue the global warming research team, is not stuck in the ice as well.
I'm sure you have a typo here - the Snow Dragon IS now stuck in the ice - the good news is that the Chinese transferred to Ice Melt Scientists to an Australian ship that stayed out of range of the Ice and they are now on their way home. Total cost of the rescue in $7 Million plus - the bill is being delivered to Al Gore.

Old 01-03-2014, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I'm sure you have a typo here - the Snow Dragon IS now stuck in the ice - the good news is that the Chinese transferred to Ice Melt Scientists to an Australian ship that stayed out of range of the Ice and they are now on their way home. Total cost of the rescue in $7 Million plus - the bill is being delivered to Al Gore.
We should have let them freeze. Not only would it have saved taxpayers (because you know it was government funded) $7 million, but it would have been a perfect memorial to the abject stupidity of liberal freaks and their deaths would have increased the planet's overall IQ.

Besides, every religion needs a few martyrs. They could have been the first martyrs for the AGW religion.

Old 01-03-2014, 05:31 PM

3,433 posts, read 5,745,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
My question was why is the media covering up the purpose of the the ships voyage? The link is there to prove it is a mission to prove there is global warming and shrinking ice. You didn't answer my question.
didn't because they can't !

Old 01-03-2014, 05:36 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,706 times
Given that the current temperature is -11 and the "comfort level is -30 the ice should start melting at any moment...

Old 01-03-2014, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Given that the current temperature is -11 and the "comfort level is -30 the ice should start melting at any moment...
Now, now. You have to be politically correct. It is not that the ice is currently frozen. The ice is merely deferring its melt.

Old 01-03-2014, 05:49 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Now, now. You have to be politically correct. It is not that the ice is currently frozen. The ice is merely deferring its melt.
You've been reading liberal posts too too long...

Old 01-03-2014, 07:30 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
My question was why is the media covering up the purpose of the the ships voyage? The link is there to prove it is a mission to prove there is global warming and shrinking ice. You didn't answer my question.
Because it's embarrassing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
It's always entertaining when people manifestly display their hopeless scientific ignorance - not to mention their ability to do basic math.
Please....show us the math.

Quote:
One can only wonder at the implication that the fact that there is ice near the poles somehow refutes global warming, which is nothing more than the well-documented observation that the average temperature of the Earth is rising.
Temperatures have risen by 0.85 °C since 1880, with more expected, according to the most recent assessment of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.

[underline bold emphasis mine]

....so, are you claiming the Earth was created in 1880?

Quote:
Understanding that doesn't require any great knowledge of global temperatures, just the ability to think with a modicum of logic and to do math at at least the fifth-grade level.
Again, please, impress us all with your knowledge.

Would you like to have a discussion on Transparency and Opacity, or would I be talking over your head?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
You would think if you want to be a climate change/global warming denier . . you would seek to at least understand the theory. . ..
Which is what, actually?

No words.....I want you to show us the mathematical model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
The theory of global warming is a myth like the theory of gravity, germ theory, and the theory of plate techtonics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
The theory doesn't matter because right-wing denialism isn't based in facts.
And, what is the theory?

No talking....show me the mathematical model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
That kind of cherry picking is trolling by climate deniers where trolling and anger is all they have left.
Cherry-picking?

You mean like this....

Temperatures have risen by 0.85 °C since 1880, with more expected, according to the most recent assessment of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.

[underline bold emphasis mine]

....so, are you claiming the Earth was created in 1880?

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Obviously you two do not believe in global warming....I am not saying man made global warming, just global warming.
Uh-huh.....and which part of "Inter-Glacial Period" is so confusing that you cannot understand it?

Baiting...

Mircea
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies