Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 07:36 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
you used the word local not me

if air pollution does not encompass the globe, I got a car from the 1700s to sell you

Wind whisks lead across the Pacific Ocean to California. — Environmental Health News

The Pacific Dust Express - NASA Science
Since the first car was developed July 11, 1700, I seriously doubt I could afford it. But thanks for the offer.

Still having problems grasping the meaning of "global" I see. I cannot say I am surprised.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2014, 08:10 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
I know that when it's local the global warming people call it "weather" but I just wanted to point out that a "once in a lifetime" ice jam is threatening to flood Trenton and the coast guard is unable to keep the shipping lanes open on the Delaware due to a massive accumulation of ice:

Delaware River ice jam raising flooding concerns | 6abc.com

Old 01-09-2014, 08:14 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
I don't think you understand the significance of what mircea was attempting to point out, which is critical to the entire debate.

If a person or group wants to show a "trend" ... in this case, a trend of global warming, the "starting point" selected would obviously need to be lower than the end point to support the claim. Take note that 1880 was at the tail end of the "Little Ice Age".

If, on the other hand, you don't wish to defraud the world, and expose how science is nothing more than a political weapon comprised of no-account intellectual con artists, then you might use the starting point of 2000 years ago, rather than 130 years. If you do, what you will find is an overall "slight" cooling globally, with intermitent and brief warming events.

Global warming "science", if carefully analyzed may represent the greatest consolidated fraud ever perpetrated. Given the volume of competition, defines just how dramatic the absense of integrity is within mainstream scientific circles who would be more than happy to provide compelling evidence proving that the moon is made of cream cheese, so long as NASA's grant money kept flowing.
But the global warming hoaxers always start their charts and graphs during the little ice-age, because this way it show that alarmist warming trend. If they started it thousands of years ago, you'd see the entire picture, and that would ruin their claims and spoil the scam.

Old 01-09-2014, 11:30 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,118,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
No I'm not. I will play stupid like you are. Oh there haven't been any nuclear tests right? Is that what your saying? Have you even paid attention since WWII?? I guess not. You go on playing dumb. That is what most global warmers do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Thank you for that link. Actually more interesting than I thought. The nukes are helping us out it appears. Makes sense though when you think about it.
LOLZ. So man made nuclear bomb detonations momentarily decreased temperatures and you still can't admit we have an influence on climate.

Not to mention you said you didn't have to post a link, then turned around and decided to care when someone did......

Old 01-21-2014, 07:35 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times
TELL THOSE SCIENTISTS NOT TO COME TO NEW YORK!!! LOL

Too funny!!!!

Old 01-21-2014, 08:06 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
LOLZ. So man made nuclear bomb detonations momentarily decreased temperatures and you still can't admit we have an influence on climate.

Not to mention you said you didn't have to post a link, then turned around and decided to care when someone did......
Show me where any of this is in the puter modeling hero? It's as if it never happened to the global warming community. I've said many a time (which folks like you ignore) if you want to blame man then go look at the nukes. You never do and never will and will never put it into your models. EVER. Just pathetic. You can take your global warming nonsense and stick it where the sun don't shine...........lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies