Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 03:56 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
OMG, Republican Presidents would not, and have not, ever ever ever given pardons.

List of people pardoned by George W. Bush - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I'm not even going to bother to look at the list. But since you have, answer me: How many aided and supported terrorists?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2014, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbe View Post
She may live quite a bit longer than 18 months. Not sure what crystal ball that came from.
Pretty much like the Lockerbie bomber that the UK released and sent back to Libya because he had only weeks to live and died two years after his release.

Old 01-02-2014, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Stewart is 74.
The judge, the prosecutor, and Federal Bureau of Prisons agree she should be released.
"She was first diagnosed with breast cancer in November 2005. The cancer went into remission but was discovered to have recurred after she was imprisoned. Supporters had rallied to get her released."
"Despite aggressive treatment, doctors have advised that her prognosis is poor," the prosecutors' letter said, adding she also has been diagnosed with anemia, high blood pressure, asthma and Type 2 diabetes.
A previous compassionate-release request was denied in part on the grounds that Stewart had more than 18 months to live, though the judge said he would act promptly if the Federal Bureau of Prisons agreed she had less than 18 months to live and granted a compassionate-release application."
It used to be 12 months and prior to that 6 months. There was a review this year and the law was changed to 18 months.

Old 01-02-2014, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
The Bureau of Prisons has compassionate release guidelines which the inmate must meet. If you aren't happy with the compassionate release guidelines, write or call your congressperson and tell them you are against compassion for dying inmates and would prefer to see them suffer until death while the taxpayers continue to support them.
Who do you think will be supporting her and picking up her medical bills until she dies??

Old 01-02-2014, 07:45 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
I don't know...how does it?
You want me to support your claim?
How odd.

Old 01-02-2014, 09:32 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Shows some political balls, too. Continuing a trend, I like it
You could be correct about "continuing the trend".

Scottish officials say US memo giving grudging support to freeing Abdelbaset al-Megrahi undermines president's criticisms

UK Guardian on the release of the Lockerbie Bomber - Obama has always had his own ideas about Terrorists and how they should be treated. For instance - he doesn't believe that Nidal Hasan is a Terrorist, even though he massacred all those people at Fort Hood. Obama is a very odd duck .
I don't believe we have ever seen a President like him and probably never will again. With any luck at all.

Old 01-03-2014, 06:30 AM

3,840 posts, read 3,066,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Who do you think will be supporting her and picking up her medical bills until she dies??
She will sign up for ObamaCare and all will be good.

Old 01-03-2014, 06:42 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
You want me to support your claim?
How odd.
How is it MY claim if you asked the question? You asked me to answer your contention. I don't have an answer to your contention.

Re-read my post...you seemed to have missed it's simple message.

Old 01-03-2014, 06:45 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyePorcupine View Post
Killing innocents with drones, aiding foreign terrorists and spying on citizens without probable cause is unlawful enough to me.
What is unlawful enough to you is meaningless. If there is no specific law violated, then your list is also meaningless.

Old 01-03-2014, 06:47 AM

2,836 posts, read 3,496,025 times
The true message of this thread is meanspiritedness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies