Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 01:46 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,958,371 times

Advertisements

I read about this story this morning and was pretty disgusted.
Then considered my reaction and the agenda of those pushing this.

Remember the Baby Incubator Story coming out of Iraq?
It was pushed by the Kuwait Government, our allies and there was definitely a political agenda involved.

This story is coming out of Singapore who heard it from a source in China, who heard it from an insider in North Korea.

It made the news because of political agenda's involved, despite the truth of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2014, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by statisticsnerd View Post
The electric chair isn't used anymore in any state in the U.S. All states now use lethal injection, which is painless. The chemicals are the same ones used to put cats and dogs to sleep. You simply go to sleep and don't wake up. The electric chair wasn't painful either. As soon as the electricity hits the brain, the person is unconscious and doesn't feel anything. The person was knocked out faster than he would be with lethal injection.
This.

Your heart stops, your brain circuitry is almost instantly fried. It is more terrible for those watching.

Old 01-03-2014, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Well gee, then WHY was the electric chair replaced if it was so painless?
Because it is more pleasant on those watching the execution

Old 01-03-2014, 02:38 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,996,946 times
Saddam did far worse things....family,friend or foe.

Old 01-03-2014, 02:43 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,611,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
took over an hour.
Maybe they were Chihuahuas. Otherwise I don't see it taking that long.

I guess this is my way of saying I do not believe the story.

Old 01-03-2014, 02:48 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,225,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
I read about this story this morning and was pretty disgusted.
Then considered my reaction and the agenda of those pushing this.

Remember the Baby Incubator Story coming out of Iraq?
It was pushed by the Kuwait Government, our allies and there was definitely a political agenda involved.

This story is coming out of Singapore who heard it from a source in China, who heard it from an insider in North Korea.

It made the news because of political agenda's involved, despite the truth of it.
Okay, political agenda involved..fine.

Why isn't the daily atrocities committed by this communist country reported by the media..Also I think NK has or had it over Saddam Hussein..

Old 01-03-2014, 03:06 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by statisticsnerd View Post
The electric chair isn't used anymore in any state in the U.S. All states now use lethal injection, which is painless. The chemicals are the same ones used to put cats and dogs to sleep. You simply go to sleep and don't wake up. The electric chair wasn't painful either. As soon as the electricity hits the brain, the person is unconscious and doesn't feel anything. The person was knocked out faster than he would be with lethal injection.
Not always:
Quote:
In a state with one of the highest number of inmates awaiting execution, a malfunctioning electric chair that caused a prisoner's mask to erupt in flames has drawn widespread condemnation from death penalty opponents but only cautious concern from officials reluctant to change the way Florida kills its criminals.
-----------------------------
The injection method, which is used by most of the states that allow the death penalty, ''appears to be a medical procedure,'' Senate Majority Leader Locke Burt said. ''A painless death is not punishment.'' Despite Fire, Electric Chair Is Defended In Florida - NYTimes.com
The above incident occurred in 1997. This was not the first, nor the last malfunction for Florida's electric chair, 'Ol Sparky. Miami Herald: Electric chair has a troubled past

Old 01-03-2014, 03:06 PM

24,401 posts, read 23,053,611 times
Ah, statism at its finest.
But now for the jokes.

When asked for a comment, Dennis Rodman said he's reserve judgment until after he watched the video of it his friend Kim Jong Un sent him. And posted it to Youtube.
PETA issued a statement decrying the starving of the dogs for 5 days as animal cruelty.
Isn't there any way we can get Al Qaeda pissed off at North Korea?
Remind me not to buy any dog food from North Korea. Or anything. Ever.
The Obama administration announced it was lifting more sanctions from North Korea and sending them more aid if they agreed to stop feeding people to dogs and just go back to building nuclear missiles.

Old 01-03-2014, 03:17 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,439,973 times
If this is true, and I put nothing past the psycho nutcase. This is pathetic, barbaric, grisly sicko, twisted, and warped.

To watch this all play out, is even more disgusting twisted, and barbaric, and I put nothing past this bastard.

I don't believe they know the meaning of Mercy in North Korea, wonder how he would handle this himself, if he faced the same music. And others stood by and watch his fate in the same manner.

Old 01-03-2014, 03:26 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,517,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Maybe they were Chihuahuas. Otherwise I don't see it taking that long.

I guess this is my way of saying I do not believe the story.
I'd feel bad for the starving dogs, since if there was 120 of them, there wouldn't be enough meat to go around...

But yeah, I don't know if I buy the story. This sounds like a scene from Team America: World Police...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies