U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2014, 03:08 PM

9,698 posts, read 4,804,839 times

Advertisements

That's all that needs to be said about the Healthcare debate era.

Everyone agreed that the previous system was screwed up and needed to be fixed. Once voters start looking back at who fought to fix the system and who fought to keep it in place, there's not going to be a rock big enough for the current crop of Republicans to hide under.

That's why there's a growing trend for Republicans to say that they had alternatives all along, b-b-but they just didn't get around to voting on them.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2014, 03:11 PM

24,869 posts, read 23,507,293 times
You can expect the Republican opposition to all things Obamacare to continue through the midterms.

After November, they know that there will have to be more then just "anti-Obama" because they will need a platform to run on in the next election cycle. Thats because they can't run against obama in the next election cycle. Even Clinton has separated herself enough to, first keep the base happy, but to also avoid 90% of the Obama flack that could be thrown her way in 2016.

Its all politics. The GOP will have a platform, probably a revamp of the Ryan budget, with a dab more Simpson-Bowles. The Democrats will begin drawing camps around Presidential nominees. Looks like Clinton, Biden, or Warren are the three names that are likely contenders, with Clinton probably going to be the nominee.

Old 01-03-2014, 03:12 PM

42,554 posts, read 23,542,770 times
I agree that to NOT have an alternative plan at this point is ridiculous. Doesn't validate anything that ObamaCare is - which is an abomination.

An alternative plan really needs to come from the private sector where the true experts in health care reside.

In the end, the whole health care debacle is a collective American system failure.

Old 01-03-2014, 03:16 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,104,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I agree that to NOT have an alternative plan at this point is ridiculous. Doesn't validate anything that ObamaCare is - which is an abomination.

An alternative plan really needs to come from the private sector where the true experts in health care reside.

In the end, the whole health care debacle is a collective American system failure.
And where the compelling need is to profit from the pain and misery of human beings, also.

Yeah, I trust the health insurance industry. Not.

Old 01-03-2014, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
And where the compelling need is to profit from the pain and misery of human beings, also.

Yeah, I trust the health insurance industry. Not.
Yep - that's how it works. The quicker people understand this and accept it for what it is, then we can fix things in health care. It's crude, but that's human nature.

How else do you motivate people to do years and years of research to cure a disease if they receive no benefits?

Should nurses and doctors and physical therapists work for nothing just because somebody has an ailment?

Go tell your boss that you will work for free - then you can talk.

Old 01-03-2014, 03:30 PM

24,372 posts, read 11,589,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
That's all that needs to be said about the Healthcare debate era.

Everyone agreed that the previous system was screwed up and needed to be fixed. Once voters start looking back at who fought to fix the system and who fought to keep it in place, there's not going to be a rock big enough for the current crop of Republicans to hide under.

That's why there's a growing trend for Republicans to say that they had alternatives all along, b-b-but they just didn't get around to voting on them.
I will agree with you that the previous system was very messed up but the new system has just made things worse, ime. The insurance companies who played a significant role in the problem were also allowed to play an even bigger role in the "solution". I think it was clear from the beginning that this was not going to be the fix that we needed. Now, here we are, billions of dollars later and many of us have already seen the negative impacts of this legislation. I suspect many more will see it in time. IMO, if we want a real fix, we are going to have to move outside and away from the broken system and start with something new.

BTW, I'm not a republican nor am I a democrat so I have no stake in the partisan game of finger pointing.

Old 01-03-2014, 03:50 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,141,733 times
Let the full Obamacare fiasco play out....

After the high-deductibles bankrupt Obamacare polity holders, end the year with massive taxpayer bailout of insurers.

lol

Old 01-03-2014, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Let the full Obamacare fiasco play out....

After the high-deductibles bankrupt Obamacare polity holders, end the year with massive taxpayer bailout of insurers.

lol
The plan is for ObamaCare to fail and to propose a single government payer health care system - that's how this will play out. That's what liberal elites, communists, big government lefties and some righties want - control of the health care system - they just can't tell us that outright, so we have to be tricked into it through the failure of ObamaCare.

Bernie Sanders has already got the ball rolling within the legislative processes. His proposal will probably be rejected - but again, the ball is rolling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies