Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2014, 07:10 PM

351 posts, read 370,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
If a business has minimum wage or near minimum wage employees and cannot turn enough of a profit to barely pay their employees, then that is what I call poorly run.

just by opening a business and giving jobs to people with NO skills and no education so they can learn new skills on the job training so they can compete for higher pay jobs in the market is a success in my opinion. That's better than welfare.

If you are stuck at MIN wage for a while that means you aren't learning any skills to move up.....who's fault is that? If you start at Mcdonalds as a burger flipper and don't want to learn any new skills on the job training to move up within the company, who's fault is that?

Government shouldn't dictate wages in the private sector. The free market and demand does that.

Old 01-03-2014, 07:13 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,405,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
I hire min wage workers to clean up on my jobs and they are glad to have the work.Raise it and I'll do it myself at min wage.
I hired a low-wage employee four years ago, and just gave him a raise to $55,000 per year. I only wish he would take an even better path to being of greater value so I could pay him $100,000. It is not possible to pay less than an employee is worth, nor is it possible to sustainably pay more than an employee is worth. But people with little experience at jobs, private enterprise, business, or lemonade stands do not understand these very basic concepts, the ones that most paperboys learn.

Old 01-03-2014, 07:13 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush99 View Post
just by opening a business and giving jobs to people with NO skills and no education so they can learn new skills on the job training so they can compete for higher pay jobs in the market is a success in my opinion. That's better than welfare.

If you are stuck at MIN wage for a while that means you aren't learning any skills to move up.....who's fault is that? If you start at Mcdonalds as a burger flipper and don't want to learn any new skills on the job training to move up within the company, who's fault is that?

Government shouldn't dictate wages in the private sector. The free market and demand does that.
Except if that job pays below a minimum living wage, then it isn't better than welfare. If we had a free market, slavery would be legal.

Old 01-03-2014, 07:18 PM

7,786 posts, read 8,024,746 times
Quote:
You know it is always sad to see a business owner mopping his own floors and taking out his own trash. Does your "company" employ actual employees?
Whats so sad about it I work the business and employ anyone who also wants to work like me.right now I have 4 trim carpenters working Waaayyy above min wage cause they are all worth it.Tools skill show up without a hangover and want to get ahead.I don't mind cleaning up or taking out the trash that's where I started!

Old 01-03-2014, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
Whats so sad about it I work the business and employ anyone who also wants to work like me.right now I have 4 trim carpenters working Waaayyy above min wage cause they are all worth it.Tools skill show up without a hangover and want to get ahead.I don't mind cleaning up or taking out the trash that's where I started!
Well then, good for you.

Old 01-03-2014, 07:29 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,811,170 times
Quote:
If we had a free market, slavery would be legal.
I didn't know we had slavery in the 1920's. Thanks to minimum wage and the Democrats who push to raise it we don't have slavery in this country anymore.

Old 01-03-2014, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
I didn't know we had slavery in the 1920's. Thanks to minimum wage and the Democrats who push to raise it we don't have slavery in this country anymore.
We also didn't have something classified as free market in the 1920's.

Old 01-03-2014, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Except if that job pays below a minimum living wage, then it isn't better than welfare. If we had a free market, slavery would be legal.

anything is better than welfare.....if you don't have any skills and no education, on job training will teach you the skills that will help you compete in the market for higher wages.

Free market is that, voluntarily! if you don't want to buy a product, service or work for someone you don't have to....what does slavery has to do with this. Slavery is taking humans by force and against their will.

Old 01-03-2014, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post

it was the republicans who ended slavery not democrats.

Min. Wage has nothing to do with slavery. MIN WAGE is for workers with no skills and no education. If you are stuck in min. wage all your life who's fault is that?

Old 01-03-2014, 07:39 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,811,170 times
Quote:
We also didn't have something classified as free market in the 1920's.
We didn't have a national minimum wage either. I don't know if you can understand it but slavery by itself means that the market is not free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies