Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 12:55 AM

863 posts, read 1,195,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
If you were to speak in front of the Supreme Court on the issue of drug testing welfare recepients, and tried to bring up guns, you'd be shut down instantly, because one has nothing to do with the other.

Frankly, it's a laughable point now that I've thought about it. There's nothing to argue.
You understand this is a discussion forum, not the Supreme Court, right?

BTW genius, it's RECIPIENTS not recepients.

Old 01-07-2014, 07:18 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catdancer View Post
No.....what this thread was supposed to be about was how people justify holding dichotomous views when it comes to the Bill of Rights. i.e. decrying challenges to the 2nd amendment while ignoring the fact that drug testing violates the 4th amendment. It's not about welfare being a "right". Often, drug testing can violate the 4th and in many cases the 5th amendment as well, yet many of the people advocating this testing scream bloody murder when their right to keep and bear arms is threatened.

Is the Constitution to be followed as a whole or do you (supporters of drug testing) just defend the parts that serve you?
The 4th amendment has nothing to do with requiring a test in order to receive temporary government assistance. You're just wrong.

Old 01-07-2014, 07:25 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
You understand this is a discussion forum, not the Supreme Court, right?

BTW genius, it's RECIPIENTS not recepients.

Quote:
Thoughts on this? The thing I find ironic about those who support drug testing programs is that they're usually the same people who scream about 2nd amendment rights when ever gun control is mentioned.

If you're one of those people, how can you defend one part of the constitution while supporting a profiteering governor in Fla. who's violating another?
When discussing the Constitution, you are referring to a specific constitution. This means that you should capitalize the letter "C". When you say "a constitution", which does not necessarily specify a specific document, the letter "c" is not capitalized.

I make more than my fair share of grammatical and spelling mistakes; however, since you want to call out others, I decided to point out the flaw in your very first post on this thread.

Old 01-07-2014, 09:43 AM

4,206 posts, read 3,755,177 times
I feel as though many people who are against such things as this are drug abusers themselves. Seriously, why would any non drug using, tax paying, American be ok with giving money freely to people who in turn will probably buy more illegal drugs with it?

Welfare should be for those who need to buy food and such for their families. Ive seen in the past where instead of offering money to a homeless person I have offered food instead and they say no thank you. I have also attempted to give a homeless persons dog dog food and they said that their dog didnt eat that kind. These poeple are abusers and should not receive any welfare. They are better off where they are because they obviosly have a problem and giving them money just makes the Government an enabler to continue their lifestyle. The Govt should focus there time on those who do no abuse and therefore drug testing should be mandatory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies