Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 04:22 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,556 posts, read 16,542,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
This is slowly breaking out, just recently hitting the wires.

Clown privatized his instagram account as people were catching on.

CBS journalist alleges that anti-LGBT Republican Rep Aaron Schock is gay | The Raw Story

It doesnt matter how anti LGBT the Rep is, it is still wrong to out him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2014, 04:24 PM

1,261 posts, read 2,146,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Well, you're a bigot then. You want to take away the rights of religious people to disagree with homosexuality and to raise their kids according to their religious beliefs.

And it is an agenda. You and others like you will not be satisfied until everyone thinks homosexuality is equivalent to heterosexuality.
Says who? You are free to disagree with homosexuality all you want, as long as you don't take your disagreement to mean you have some kind of right to legislate your opinions into law.

As for your children, I feel bad for them having that kind of mental abuse inflicted upon them. I know that my children will be taught how to love, how to live with grace and honor, and how to treat others according to the ethic of reciprocity, and with the knowledge that they will always be loved, cherished and wanted regardless sexual orientation or other personal attributes.

Old 01-04-2014, 04:25 PM

2,345 posts, read 1,670,437 times
Quote:
You want to take away the rights of religious people to disagree with homosexuality and to raise their kids according to their religious beliefs.

And it is an agenda. You and others like you will not be satisfied until everyone thinks homosexuality is equivalent to heterosexuality.
Absolutely correct. It's been a liberal leftist Agenda for decades. It's Anti-God....anti-moral, anti-good.

It's evil.

Old 01-04-2014, 04:27 PM

150 posts, read 183,215 times
Quote:
Well, you're a bigot then. You want to take away the rights of religious people to disagree with homosexuality and to raise their kids according to their religious beliefs.

Nope, I don't care if you're religious or if you want to raise your kids by religion. I DONT want take others religious people rights because I disagree with a religion. I'm confused on how you got that from what I posted. But, people who want to take others rights because of their beliefs are bigots

Huh? Nobody is making homosexuality the same thing as heterosexuality. Homosexuality means one is attracted to the same sex. Heterosexuality means one attracted to the opposite sex.
More tolerance you're spewing again huh? Teach me more.

Old 01-04-2014, 04:28 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Delta View Post
Says who? You are free to disagree with homosexuality all you want, as long as you don't take your disagreement to mean you have some kind of right to legislate your opinions into law.

As for your children, I feel bad for them having that kind of mental abuse inflicted upon them. I know that my children will be taught how to love, how to live with grace and honor, and how to treat others according to the ethic of reciprocity.
Nice try, but I don't have kids and I'm an agnostic who couldn't care less about gay "marriage". In fact, the sooner it's legal everywhere, the quicker people will start voting on issues that actually matter. Like our 17T debt, waste/fraud/abuse, entitlement reform etc.

I just have a problem with militant one issue homosexuals blabbering about "tolerance." They are not and that makes them hypocrites.

Old 01-04-2014, 04:30 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
Quote:
Basically, anyone who disagrees with the entire "LGBT" agenda is going to be called an anti-gay bigot by the left.
Well, yeah.

Duh.

What business is it of yours if two consenting adults want to commit to a committed and loving legal marriage?

Old 01-04-2014, 04:30 PM

150 posts, read 183,215 times
Quote:
Nice try, but I don't have kids and I'm an agnostic who couldn't care less about gay "marriage". In fact, the sooner it's legal everywhere, the quicker people will start voting on issues that actually matter. Like our 17T debt, waste/fraud/abuse, entitlement reform etc.

I just have a problem with militant one issue homosexuals blabbering about "tolerance." They are not and that makes them hypocrites.
But the ones taking away their rights are tolerant? gotcha, one way tolerance.

Old 01-04-2014, 04:31 PM

1,261 posts, read 2,146,501 times
Quote:
If that's the case, I say well met, although there is no need to put marriage into quotes. As for the issues, why can't we focus on multiple issues at once?

Old 01-04-2014, 04:36 PM

8,070 posts, read 12,779,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
This comes to no surprise to me or most other folks. A lot of men who are the most freaked out over homosexuality seem to have a problem with their own sexuality. There are about a half a dozen men on CD who are the first to jump on any gay thread and start flaming and trolling. I have often wondered about those guys. All straight men I know don't care one way or the other about what gay men do or who the chose to love.
Yep. Why would a straight male feel threatened by homosexuals? I have a cousin that is a homosexual and he is married to his partner. I have family members that are uncomfortable with this fact. It has never bothered me at all. He found someone he loves and has made a commitment. To accept him does not mean YOU have the same sexual identity. It means you accept him for who he is.

I have always suspected those that make an issue about ANY perceived "deviant" behavior are having internal struggles. It is human nature.

Old 01-04-2014, 06:05 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,252,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
It doesnt matter how anti LGBT the Rep is, it is still wrong to out him.
Why is it wrong?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies