Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 10:34 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,592,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Corporate media has been losing market share for years, no mystery as to why.
I worked in advertising(P/T) during undergrad.

The lies and fabrication now are at egregious levels. Americans should NOT trust media today. I should know I've worked for them

Next time you see a plane crash into a 300 floor skyscraper, ask- is this possible?

The War Against Islam

American need to learn from the UK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2014, 11:24 PM

27,137 posts, read 15,310,658 times
When it became apparent that even broadcast stations, ABC, NBC, & CBS slant and show favoritism on a regular basis trust was lost irrevocably I believe.

Old 09-17-2014, 11:39 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,592,930 times

CNN fake video of front line in Libya. This is some funny ass sh*t - YouTube

CNN is pure fabrication.

Failed actors.

Trust no media outlet. Except Indy journalists

Old 09-18-2014, 06:27 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,450,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Gallup:

Americans are clearly down on the news media this year,

with a record-high six in 10 expressing little or no trust in the mass media's ability to report the news fully, accurately, and fairly. This likely reflects the continuation of the trend seen in recent years, combined with the increased negativity toward the media that election years tend to bring. This is particularly consequential at a time when Americans need to rely on the media to learn about the platforms and perspectives of the two candidates vying to lead the country for the next four years.
The lower level of interest in news about national politics during this election year may also reflect the level of interest in the presidential election specifically.

On a broad level, Americans' high level of distrust in the media poses a challenge to democracy and to creating a fully engaged citizenry. Media sources must clearly do more to earn the trust of Americans, the majority of whom see the media as biased one way or the other. At the same time, there is an opportunity for others outside the "mass media" to serve as information sources that Americans do trust.

Clearly a testament to how shoddy "journalism" has become, as AP is now controlled, corporate media is NOT giving the public news they are interested in.

It is not "giving the public what it wants" it IS giving it the lowest common denominator, reality trash shows etc. What do you guys watch and why? Just in general, for news. or do you basically research online sites as well?

What shows are you fed up with and have you tuned out in disgust?

http://content.gallup.com/origin/gal...5ucgsvmmrq.gif
I have had more than enough of yellow journalism in US media. Eight years ago, this past August, I cancelled my TV satellite subscription (I cannot get cable). I watch only DVDs exclusively now.

As far as I am concerned, I think ISIS/ISIL is performing a valuable public service by beheading these so-called American journalists.

Old 09-18-2014, 06:47 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,834,641 times
Many dont believe anyone is being beheaded! (Its all an act to make ppl scared)

Old 09-18-2014, 07:00 AM

8,053 posts, read 12,772,027 times
Quote:
What shows are you fed up with and have you tuned out in disgust?

http://content.gallup.com/origin/gal...5ucgsvmmrq.gif

I dropped "pay TV" in 2007. I used to watch the evening national "news" on the internet but I always felt it was more propaganda than news. I stopped watching all network news about a year ago. I do just fine reading news stories on the internet.

Old 09-18-2014, 08:12 AM

680 posts, read 1,034,633 times
CNN especially has gone off the deep end lately. I can't even watch them anymore.

Old 09-18-2014, 08:17 AM

680 posts, read 1,034,633 times
Quote:
In general I think the Trayvon media blitz thing truly enlightened some who, may not have otherwise questioned the medias agenda. DuckDynasty reality trash is used by a flailing corporate media to distract, divide.

Even here I noticed an interesting change of audience, people who normally accept crap at face value aren't anymore. much to the chagrin of Zucker and the media fakery factory.
I agree with your assessment...although I suppose it wasn't blatantly obvious to me until the recent election cycles, Trayvon Martin, and the Ferguson nonsense.

Piers Morgan, Nancy Grace, Sean Hannity, and Soledad O'Brian were some of the worst offenders. They were 100% bent on spreading a political message or their own prejudice opinion and nothing more.

I stay the hell away from 24 hour news channels now as well as CBS. I honestly haven't seen CBS News since Rathergate.

Last edited by tigerphan; 09-18-2014 at 08:28 AM..

Old 09-18-2014, 09:02 AM

939 posts, read 795,301 times
The media has their own agenda, and has no problem lying to meet it. I prefer the old newscasts where the news was reported- Walter Cronkite. I don't care for all the personalities, discussions, etc. Egos now interfere with objective news.

Old 09-18-2014, 09:08 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,589,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kool hand luke View Post
The media has their own agenda, and has no problem lying to meet it. I prefer the old newscasts where the news was reported- Walter Cronkite. I don't care for all the personalities, discussions, etc. Egos now interfere with objective news.
Control and Agenda was alive and well even when Cronkite was "reporting".
Walter Cronkite was a puppet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies