Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 09:03 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times

Advertisements

I'm no mathematician, but I think that an improving economy means more jobs, therefore ending the need for extended unemployment benefits.

Unless the left are lying about it all....which seems to be the case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2014, 09:59 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,262,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I'm no mathematician, but I think that an improving economy means more jobs, therefore ending the need for extended unemployment benefits.

Oh, except for us old folks past 45. Most of them will never get meaningful employment again, and it has nothing to do with the economy.

But not to worry! I'm sure they'll all invent Facebook and start Microsoft, just like the cons say they should.

Old 01-05-2014, 10:02 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
If the economy was doing as well as Obama would have us believe. If the economy was doing well then it would be an employees market and someone at 45 would easily get a job. Sorry, can't have it both ways.

If you wanted a job, Obama needed to lose his job. If you wanted Obama to keep his job you better be willing to give your job up.

Old 01-05-2014, 10:22 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Oh, except for us old folks past 45. Most of them will never get meaningful employment again, and it has nothing to do with the economy.

But not to worry! I'm sure they'll all invent Facebook and start Microsoft, just like the cons say they should.
But the economy is BOOMING!

So much so, that progressives on both sides of the aisle are pushing hard to legalize 10-20 MILLION new employees!

Enjoy!

Old 01-05-2014, 10:24 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:

Obamas use of New speak for the Orwellian

Old 01-05-2014, 10:25 AM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Dems celebrate improving economy, yet are calling for unemployment benefits extension.

The Dems rely on their voter base being too stupid to notice the contradiction. So far, the strategy of relying on their voter base's stupidity has worked out quite well for them. No?

Old 01-05-2014, 10:27 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
But the economy is BOOMING!

So much so, that progressives on both sides of the aisle are pushing hard to legalize 10-20 MILLION new employees!

Enjoy!
So you can't grasp the concept that things are getting better, but there are still people in need, especially those that are much older and have a much harder time finding employment.

Old 01-05-2014, 10:36 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
If the economy was doing as well as Obama would have us believe. If the economy was doing well then it would be an employees market and someone at 45 would easily get a job. Sorry, can't have it both ways.

If you wanted a job, Obama needed to lose his job. If you wanted Obama to keep his job you better be willing to give your job up.
Exactly how well does Obama want us to believe the economy is doing?

Apparently well enough that things are improving, but not so well that pulling the rug out from under everyone who's still trying to get back on their feet is a good idea.

You do realize there's middle ground between an "employees market" and the "OMG the economy is imploding overnight" unprecedented far-reaching disaster we had in 2008, which is taking years and years to dig out of.

Old 01-05-2014, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post

Apparently well enough that things are improving, but not so well that pulling the rug out from under everyone who's still trying to get back on their feet is a good idea.

You do realize there's middle ground between an "employees market" and the "OMG the economy is imploding overnight" unprecedented far-reaching disaster we had in 2008, which is taking years and years to dig out of.
We could let them collect UE for 10 years and liberals would still say it's heartless and call it pulling the rug out.

Old 01-05-2014, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post

"pull the rug out" and they'll find a job especially since we are being told that the Obama economy is so good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies