Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 11:42 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,442,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
What scares me is his claim of after 5 years he can get to the task of moving the nation forward.
To where?

Obama Weekly Address: Not Extending Unemployment Benefits Will Slow The Economy
I'm in a tough spot on this one, what I've been saying is I'm with both Obama and the Republicans on this particular issue which may not make sense to some. Obama continues to tout around that the economy is on the rebound therefore a cut in unemployment insurance only makes sense, but I don't necessarily agree with Republicans on making it 26 weeks either, but more like 39 weeks so there is now a reduction in weeks but also an increase as well. Either way, I don't think Obama should've started the year off on attacking Republicans in the public eye, but instead having a private meeting to discuss what is going in and to offer a feasible solution that both sides will lose and gain a bit on which would probably be the 39 week solution that I proposed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2014, 07:42 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,861,248 times
Quote:
The translator guy in the SNL skit is funnier.

One of Obama's gaffs in this piece is he points at republicans for not increasing funds for unemployment and plays up the emotional heartstrings in classic Obama style. How can Obama send billions of dollars to the middle east to fund their civil wars and not be seen as a hypocrite? Why does the MSM not pick this up and run with it? They instead run with Obama's narrative and go after republicans as the bad guy. They never report the entire story or tell the truth.
The MSM prefers not to run this story, just like they preferred not to tell the story about Obama's TWO illegal alien relatives that were living in the US on the taxpayer dime. The truth came out about his drunk uncle and his crazy aunt, and even then, the White House tried to get the media to go along with the fact that Obama had never met his drunk uncle, when in fact the two had lived together in Boston.

I'm torn on the extension of the UEI. If we are to believe Obama (and honestly, we have no reason to), the economy is improving, so we really shouldn't need an extension of UEI. However, Obama desperately needs a win right now, due to his end-of-year disasters with Obamacare, so he's going to go on the offensive with UEI. You're right -- why do we give Obama a pass for sending billions to the Middle East and NOT using that for UEI funding?

Sadly, in 2014, the media -- and I mean ALL of the media -- is as corrupt as Obama and any other politician. It's very difficult to believe anything that anyone says.

Old 01-06-2014, 09:08 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
What scares me is his claim of after 5 years he can get to the task of moving the nation forward.
To where?

Obama Weekly Address: Not Extending Unemployment Benefits Will Slow The Economy
Look at it this way, he will only give that first address of the year, 2 more times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies