Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 09:31 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times

Advertisements

So let me get this straight, religious conservatives are upset because the Pope seems to be "too liberal?" Seriously, you guys are too funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2014, 10:16 PM

37,183 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So let me get this straight, religious conservatives are upset because the Pope seems to be "too liberal?" Seriously, you guys are too funny.
Normally they are unhappy that the media ignores religion. Now they are unhappy because the media is reporting frequently on a Pope who is acting as a Christian should and speaking out for the poor and the maligned and against the mindless accumulation of personal wealth.

Some people don't have the capacity for happiness. Nor can they bear to part with a nickel for anyone else or quit searching for someone to look down on. That may be why they're uncomfortable, huh...?

Old 01-07-2014, 10:37 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I think the Pope is just being himself... I think the media exaggerates some of his actions/words... I think he is also trying to appeal to the younger generation because he feels the dimming lights of the church... I think he wants to create more significant change on the world stage with what he believes in... All in all,it doesn't matter to me, he is just a guy from another country giving his opinion which matters as much as the priest next door giving out his sermons... Listen if you want or not...
Actually the very liberal churches are the ones that have lost their congregations the most. Fundamentalists have gained. When was the last time you met someone who is a Presbyterian, or Episcopalean? There's no evidence at all that a pro-abortion liberal church is going to bring in converts.

The liberal media somehow thinks this pope is very pro-abortion so they're promoting him all they can -- he even beat out Miley Cyrus as Times Person of the Year! Imagine that.

Old 01-07-2014, 10:52 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,353,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Actually the very liberal churches are the ones that have lost their congregations the most. Fundamentalists have gained. When was the last time you met someone who is a Presbyterian, or Episcopalean? There's no evidence at all that a pro-abortion liberal church is going to bring in converts.
Uh, the UUs (Unitarian Universalist) are a very liberal church, and they're growing.

Old 01-08-2014, 09:59 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
He's a likable kind of a guy! No media brainwashing needed.

Old 01-08-2014, 10:05 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
He's a likable kind of a guy! No media brainwashing needed.
I know, right. I have no interest in religion or how the Pope ranks within religion, but based on how the guy acts, he seems like a very humble, likable guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies