Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support same-sex marriage?
Yes, Democrat 62 29.11%
No, Democrat 4 1.88%
Yes, Republican 19 8.92%
No, Republican 26 12.21%
Yes, Independent/ 3rd Party 67 31.46%
No, Independent/ 3rd Party 35 16.43%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 12:54 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
When one uses their god to condemn others not of their beliefs, then it is total nonsense. God, religion and government are separate and the laws concerning all citizens are issued by the government, not the church.

Yes, but according to our founding documents, our rights come from God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2014, 12:56 AM

361 posts, read 725,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
No worries, I don't support your union either. The great thing about this is it doesn't matter if you support it or not because if you don't want a same sex marriage, you don't have to get one.
I just won't vote for it, is what I'm saying.
But the way things are "progressing", looks like this will be legal in a few years. So no worries about that right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
And what makes you think your values are better? I grew up with values too, just because I am gay, married and support marriage equality, does not mean I do not have values, my values are just not lead by a religious belief and dogma, but by logic and common sense.
The fact that you are gay isn't particularly viewed as logical or as being "common sense ". So I think that's where the disconnect is and the reason why we cannot have a sane conversation.

In any case, I was just sharing my opinion on the topic. I don't usually like to debate on this topic but I just thought I'd share my view today.

Old 01-10-2014, 01:19 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,596,686 times
Of course I support it. The problem lies in the fact that most people barely know anything about human sexuality, because its something that is not taught or talked about enough. And because of that, people have multiple ignorant theories when it comes to that particular subject. There is nothing wrong with being gay at all, but people are too blinded by religion and where kept in the dark that the parts on homosexuality were added to suit the agenda of certain people. And at the end of the day, morals are subjective.

Old 01-10-2014, 07:43 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Yes, but according to our founding documents, our rights come from God.
I don't recall reading that in the Constitution, though it does mention people are free to practice their own religious beliefs in our Bill of Rights.

Old 01-10-2014, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamboyante View Post
I just won't vote for it, is what I'm saying.
But the way things are "progressing", looks like this will be legal in a few years. So no worries about that right?

The fact that you are gay isn't particularly viewed as logical or as being "common sense ". So I think that's where the disconnect is and the reason why we cannot have a sane conversation.

In any case, I was just sharing my opinion on the topic. I don't usually like to debate on this topic but I just thought I'd share my view today.
It isn't something that should be voted on to begin with because that is asking for the majority to approve of the minority. You are right though, it is just a matter of time before this is federally legal.

Old 01-10-2014, 08:53 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamboyante View Post
Nothing against gay/lesbian folks but I don't support their union.

I just find it interesting that most people have "progressed" on this issue. I guess as things are changing in todays' world, people also feel pressured to fit in whatever the current norm is...For the record, I'm not old(under 30). I do think that it is important to stand up for what you believe and not let yourself be influenced by your surrondings.

Although it doesn't affect me personally, it's against my values and I just find something inherently wrong with it. If you were brought up with no values at all(whatever they are or could've been) then that's a different story.
"Nothing against you, but I don't think you should have the same rights and protections that I have"

It's so good to see how many people don't like the constitution.

Old 01-10-2014, 09:01 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
God's ways are higher than man's ways. God does not honor same sex marriage regardless if every man does.

Old 01-10-2014, 09:06 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,850,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
God's ways are higher than man's ways. God does not honor same sex marriage regardless if every man does.
I'm not too worried about his opinion. What God thinks is right up there with the opinions of the Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus.

Old 01-10-2014, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Interesting, my God disagrees with your God so I wonder which of our Gods are correct.

Old 01-10-2014, 09:21 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Interesting, my God disagrees with your God so I wonder which of our Gods are correct.
There is only one true God.. you made up your god in your image and your own beliefs.

The God of creation did not make man for man or woman for woman. This is against God's design.

Anyone who believes different is against the true God who created us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies