Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 08:22 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,887,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post

You are incorrect that right to bear arms is inalienable. It may be enumerated in the US constitution; but that, nor any other reason, does not make it unalienable.

No official document of the US...not even the US Constitution...affirms or makes that claim.

Do you care to define inalienable?

Are your rights to pursue life, liberty and happiness inalienable?

If you agree they are...why?

What gave you those rights and who can take them away?

Here's a quick answer for you...
You were born with those rights and some thug with a boot to your face can take it at gunpoint. Someone has to physically beat you down and incapacitate you in some manner to accomplish such. How about permanent detainment?

Guess what? There is a long line of double digit jarheads double stepping at a chance to clobber you.

That's where my inalienable right comes into play.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2014, 09:31 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,190,568 times
the one thing that I do not like. dems and other gun control fanatics say that current firearms laws are not working and that the USA needs sensible firearms laws. if that is true and they truly believe that, then why not repeal all those firearms laws and legislative acts that are just not working before we even talk about any further firearms laws?

Old 08-17-2014, 09:36 AM

29,210 posts, read 22,341,507 times
Accidental gun deaths are happening every day in ever increasing numbers. Guns are never completely safe when loaded, and the more guns that are around, the more deaths from accidents will occur.

I come from a long line of gun owners and own a couple myself. I learned from my grandfather to never keep a loaded gun in the house, and to lock up the ammunition in a strongbox, out of reach to the casual adult or the little kid. That's what I've done all my life.

Old 08-17-2014, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Accidental gun deaths are happening every day in ever increasing numbers. Guns are never completely safe when loaded, and the more guns that are around, the more deaths from accidents will occur.

I come from a long line of gun owners and own a couple myself. I learned from my grandfather to never keep a loaded gun in the house, and to lock up the ammunition in a strongbox, out of reach to the casual adult or the little kid. That's what I've done all my life.

strange, I have hundreds of firearms in my home, and all but a few are always loaded, plus I have 2 children in my home too.
it is just that people do not learn the rules of firearm safety.
it is your choice to do as you like with your firearms and ammo, just do not expect others to follow in your footsteps.

Last edited by monkeywrenching; 08-17-2014 at 10:11 AM..

Old 08-17-2014, 09:47 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,476,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I guess your scared because you have a fire extinguisher in your house.

Maybe you should try an argument based on something besides emotion.
or perhaps a relevant comparison with less patronage.

The fire extinguisher is not "emotionally" required to defend yourself from the boogyman next door with a fire extinguisher.

Old 08-17-2014, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I'm sorry but I do think you guys are scared. You hide behind guns. Just look what happened in Detroit. He was scared and shot a girl through the screen. And she didn't even enter his house.

will you say that to a woman who is carrying a firearm and being followed by a 6'2" 280# man?
how about saying that to a 60 year old man who is carrying concealed and who is being followed by a group of teens intent on ill?

Old 08-17-2014, 09:58 AM

207 posts, read 272,887 times
Quote:

if you can't figure out how to secure a loaded firearm i suggest giving up gun ownership.

Old 08-17-2014, 10:35 AM

2,865 posts, read 3,629,057 times
Allow law-biding, mature, mentally competent, legal citizens to own/possess firearms. If this is the case, you won't have problems. Criminals will always have them.

By the way,

DrSloan you had best stop going to the movies because chances are people ARE packing guns....

Old 08-17-2014, 10:44 AM

6,258 posts, read 5,065,755 times
Quote:

Actually the numbers look like they are decreasing:

In 2010, unintentional firearm injuries caused the deaths of 606 people.18
From 2005-2010, almost 3,800 people in the U.S. died from unintentional shootings.19

Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence

Old 08-17-2014, 10:58 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,210,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSloan View Post
In that case, all drugs should be legal.
Right?
You just said so!
Stay on topic. Want a dope thread, start your own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies