Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 03:53 PM

4,739 posts, read 4,415,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_grimace View Post
I think the firearms debate is simple. You ban or restrict guns. Bad guys will have guns. You allow the sale of guns. Bad guys will have guns.

What's the difference? When you allow the sale of guns a lot of good guys will have guns too! Might make a bad guy think twice!
the only simple thing is how wrong you are. I mean just look at Australia (as an example) and their introduction of firearm reform. .

Theory while ignoring reality isn't a theory, its a faith/belief.

As the amount of guns go up in the society the more guns are in the hands of bad guys AND more guns used by "good" guys to accidentally (or on purpose) kill children, spouses, neighbors, or themselves

More guns = more death. Its a simple math that everyone but the US has figured out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2014, 04:04 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,663,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSloan View Post
I'm sorry, but I would NEVER ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever go to the movies If I knew people in attendance were packing guns.

It's a recipe for disaster.

I have news for you many many many many many etc etc etc people pack guns at the movies and you just dont know it :-)

Old 08-18-2014, 04:05 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,772,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
the only simple thing is how wrong you are. I mean just look at Australia (as an example) and their introduction of firearm reform. .

As the amount of guns go up in the society the more guns are in the hands of bad guys AND more guns used by "good" guys to accidentally (or on purpose) kill children, spouses, neighbors, or themselves

More guns = more death. Its a simple math that everyone but the US has figured out.
That's funny.

Maybe you should look at the amount of guns in the hands of Americans over the last 40 years, then look at the crime rate over the same span.

Old 08-18-2014, 04:09 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,140,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
How often does this even happen. I choose to not live in fear. But I have hurt a man where it hurts when he was following me lol I left him in pain.

if someone is intent on committing ill will against me, and I fear for my life or my families lives, then I have no problem at all with taking their life. not 1 bit.

also, concerning your statement, how many elderly get attacked each year, and how many people get raped each year too. lots of those could have been stopped by the victim shooting their attacker twice in the chest and once in the head.

better for a woman or man to be standing over the body of their rapist with a smoking firearm, than be strangled to death.

Old 08-18-2014, 04:13 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,663,075 times
Quote:

GUNS in society were once normal, and guns in society meant you werent in a GANG or did drive bys and watched movies of the BAD guys who think this is what a gun is for.

Society went in the tubes and guns and those in society abuse guns. People with GUNS or are willing to shoot children and in to a crowd of innocent people over a gang and or turf is the reason for all the deaths.

So when you realize the idiots who have guns think the power to kill is with the coolness and acceptance of drugs, violence and street thugs you get this.

More guns = more guns that are just numbers.
More idiots and 13 ,14 yr old boys and young idiots inner cities = death.

Most of the deaths in America are in inner cities over gangs and drugs etc.
Illegal double crossing BS is the reason for all the gun related crime in this country.

I often think of the movie 2001 space odessy.. when the monkeys find with the TOOL of a CLUB can kill each other and that is what it is like to have GUNS in the hands of those who treat guns like clubs.
They want something and take it, rob, steal, murder , death, kill repeat.
Clean up society and the gun becomes the tool the righteous not the criminal.

Old 08-18-2014, 04:36 PM

207 posts, read 271,440 times
Quote:

Why don't you move to a country that has "figured it out"?

Old 08-18-2014, 04:55 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,111,909 times
Quote:
Why don't you move to a country that has "figured it out"
says one who thinks that the Earth is flat...

Old 08-19-2014, 08:21 AM

4,396 posts, read 4,887,485 times
Quote:
I haven't read Australia's governing documents but until an Amendment is added to our Constitution then there is nothing anyone can do about guns in the US.

Quote:
Accidental shootings are extremely rare. That's when there is a malfunction of a weapon that has not been modified by an untrained person. Remington recalled some shotguns a few years ago because they would still shoot while the safety was on if hit with enough force. One or two people were injured because of this. That's how rare accidental shootings are.

Unintended shootings are negligent shootings. Not securing your gun is negligence. Cleaning your gun without checking the chamber for a round is negligence. Not following the 4 safety rules is negligence. A negligent gun owner who injures or kills someone should be prosecuted as such.

Finally, your "good guys" reference. I know what you mean. Guys (or women) who seem normal and have no history of violence and either snap due to mental issues or anger issues. We just have to live with it. The law is clear that we can't lock someone up based on what they might do. It's a good idea and maybe you could make a movie about it starring Tom Cruise but it's not the law. Freedom is sometimes dangerous.

Quote:
Based on your algebraic equation then no guns = no death. Is that correct?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies