Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 06:16 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
Then you dont have to think back that far because they're the only ones fighting for our right.

how wrong you are, the SAS, GOA and a whole munch of other groups fight the good fight, instead of making compromises like the NRA does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2014, 06:17 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,758,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Common sense and the Law does allow for self protection. The Constitution allows you to keep your musket as long as you are part of a well regulated militia.
Where are muskets in the Constitution? I thought it said "The right to bare arms" and NOT the right to bare muskets... I guess using your logic, the Constitution only covers free speech if it's written on a scroll, and not over the telephone, email, text message, or computer correct?

Anyway, and to prove my point that the gun control crowned no very little about law, this matter has already been taken up. The Constitution covers weapons that are in common use at the current time which was muskets at the time the Constitution was written and currently, AR15s.

Old 01-06-2014, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
how wrong you are, the SAS, GOA and a whole munch of other groups fight the good fight, instead of making compromises like the NRA does.
I'm not sure of what you're referring too, but just because someone compromises does not mean that they aren't or didn't fight for you. Sometimes instead of getting none of what you want, you have to compromises to at least get some on a case by case basis...

Old 01-06-2014, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Common sense and the Law does allow for self protection. The Constitution allows you to keep your musket as long as you are part of a well regulated militia.

but the right of the people shall not be infringed.

also, every time you trot out that excuse, I do not see you also saying that the 1st Amendment only protects fixed type set, podiums for speeches and little else. no tv, computers or anything else modern.

also, I do notice that you say the militia, but it was not until the scotus ruled in the late 1800's that the militia was the national guard, when in fact, the militia is each and every citizen with their own firearms/arms.

also remember that well regulated did not mean having laws written against the militia, but in fact meant being well trained and well disciplined.

Old 01-06-2014, 06:24 AM

Quote:
I'm not sure of what you're referring too, but just because someone compromises does not mean that they aren't or didn't fight for you. Sometimes instead of getting none of what you want, you have to compromises to at least get some on a case by case basis...

look into the past of the NRA, they are the oldest gun control group in the USA. the Second Amendment Sisters, the Gun Owners of America and others have been no compromise groups that do not want the government in the business of making any kind of laws against the 2nd Amendment.

Old 01-06-2014, 06:27 AM

Quote:
look into the past of the NRA, they are the oldest gun control group in the USA. the Second Amendment Sisters, the Gun Owners of America and others have been no compromise groups that do not want the government in the business of making any kind of laws against the 2nd Amendment.
That's not something that is going to realistically happen. Also, when I hear about the Colorado recall and many other high profile law suits, I hear the NRA's name. The whole not making any kind of laws against the 2nd Amendment sounds nice, but it's not realistic and isn't going to farther our cause...

Old 01-06-2014, 06:32 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times
Quote:
but the right of the people shall not be infringed.

also, every time you trot out that excuse, I do not see you also saying that the 1st Amendment only protects fixed type set, podiums for speeches and little else. no tv, computers or anything else modern.

also, I do notice that you say the militia, but it was not until the scotus ruled in the late 1800's that the militia was the national guard, when in fact, the militia is each and every citizen with their own firearms/arms.

also remember that well regulated did not mean having laws written against the militia, but in fact meant being well trained and well disciplined.
We have painfully seen how "well regulated" and "disciplined" the gun fringe of America is...

Old 01-06-2014, 06:33 AM

Quote:
That's not something that is going to realistically happen. Also, when I hear about the Colorado recall and many other high profile law suits, I hear the NRA's name. The whole not making any kind of laws against the 2nd Amendment sounds nice, but it's not realistic and isn't going to farther our cause...

that is what you hear, I was a life member in 1980, and dropped my life membership in 1993 when the NRA worked out a compromise for the NICS checks. something of which we still have today.

the NRA is no better than the murdering jackbooted thugs of the batf.

Old 01-06-2014, 06:36 AM

Quote:
that is what you hear, I was a life member in 1980, and dropped my life membership in 1993 when the NRA worked out a compromise for the NICS checks. something of which we still have today.

the NRA is no better than the murdering jackbooted thugs of the batf.
How's NICS check stopping us from owning firearms? It takes me all of 10 minutes and I have my firearm. Seems nitpickish to me but to each their own.

Old 01-06-2014, 06:39 AM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
We have painfully seen how "well regulated" and "disciplined" the gun fringe of America is...
ANd all the knee jerk reactional laws that we made because of the pain, did what....

Go ahead, I'll wait for you to provide lalws that stopped the next person using a gun....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies