Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If all drugs were legalized, which hard drugs would you try/use?
Cocaine / Crack 6 7.06%
Heroin 3 3.53%
Methamphetamines (meth, speed) 2 2.35%
Other (please specify) 7 8.24%
None - still wouldn't use any of these regardless of their legality 74 87.06%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 04:58 AM

37,177 posts, read 19,174,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush99 View Post
Alcohol consists of one substance only: ethanol. Marijuana contains more than 400 known chemicals, including the same cancer-causing substances found in tobacco smoke. Unlike cigarette smokers, pot smokers tend to inhale deeply and hold the smoke as long as possible to increase the effect of the drug, worsening the damage to the lungs.
Alcohol is eliminated from the body in a few hours, but THC stays in the body for weeks, possibly months, depending on the length and intensity of usage.
THC damages the immune system. Alcohol does not. There is no intention here to minimize the dangers of alcohol abuse, which can be equally harmful. Users, however, need to be aware that the chemicals in marijuana, some of them cancer-causing, remain in the body long after the drug is taken.
I used illegal drugs for 17 years with no problems. Alcohol is what almost killed me.

Recent research, BTW, shows that marijuana actually shrinks tumors. We have known for years that it reduces pain and nausea and increases appetite.

Do you have any links you would like to share?

Old 01-06-2014, 05:01 AM

262 posts, read 550,104 times
This discussion is so lame....People gonna compare stuff and say one is better than the other, who cares..Isn't this about who wants to try what instead of comparing alcohol and cocaine...omg

Old 01-06-2014, 05:02 AM

351 posts, read 370,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Who doesn't consider alcohol a drug? Or caffeine? The fact we accept the risks of some drugs doesn't mean we should accept the risks of all of them. It's not like you can compare alcohol and heroin. They are not in the same league by any stretch of the imagination.

Use of alcohol and caffeine are examples of self medicating. However, most people manage to use them without totally messing up their lives. You can't say that about drugs like heroin, meth and crack. Other drugs are less insidious but still have their negative impact. I know former friends from high school who still do weed. I don't think it's a coincidence that they seem to still be stuck in the same mind set they had in high school. They've done nothing with their lives and gone nowhere. It's like they stopped developing. This is true of every single person I know who has been a continuous user since high school. Not sure if there is a causal effect here but I definitely see a correlation.

SHORT-TERM EFFECTS

• Sensory distortion
  • Panic
  • Anxiety
  • Poor coordination of movement
  • Lowered reaction time
  • After an initial “up,” the user feels sleepy or depressed
  • Increased heartbeat (and risk of heart attack)
LONG-term effects of marijuana

• Reduced resistance to common illnesses (colds, bronchitis, etc.)
  • Suppression of the immune system
  • Growth disorders
  • Increase of abnormally structured cells in the body
  • Reduction of male sex hormones
  • Rapid destruction of lung fibers and lesions (injuries) to the brain could be permanent
  • Reduced sexual capacity
  • Study difficulties: reduced ability to learn and retain information
  • Apathy, drowsiness, lack of motivation
  • Personality and mood changes
  • Inability to understand things clearly

and people want to make this drug legal and mainstream for the youth of America?????? just with the effects of "lack of motivation" and "inability to understand things clearly" is enough to bring this country further down in future generations.

Old 01-06-2014, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BramH View Post
LSD!
Done Coke, M, X and stuff but LSD would be still on the list.
Orange sunshine or strawberry fields would be the way to start. After that, purple microdot and windowpane.

Never had any LSD-25. A friend of mine got some in Florida in 1971 and said that all four of them who tried it had a lot of psychedelic hallucinations. One of them thought the road was full of snakes.

Old 01-06-2014, 05:06 AM

262 posts, read 550,104 times
Quote:
SHORT-TERM EFFECTS

• Sensory distortion
  • Panic
  • Anxiety
  • Lowered reaction time

• Growth disorders
  • Rapid destruction of lung fibers and lesions (injuries) to the brain could be permanent

and people want to make this drug legal and mainstream for the youth of America?????? just with the effects of "lack of motivation" and "inability to understand things clearly" is enough to bring this country further down in future generations.
So what is the problem? There are so many things that have symptoms that are bad despite being still legal. I smoke da ganja, I got my Bachelor's degree and a happy life. I go out at places where my holy grass is rather popular and guess what, never problems between people.

But alcohol addictions, aggressions, domestic violence, traffic accidents, etcetera I can go on...llol see my point?

Of course it has its downsides, but let me do my stuff, if **** goes bad its my own fault by misusing it, but I wont.

Old 01-06-2014, 05:07 AM

724 posts, read 592,967 times
No way would I put any of that crap in my body. I believe fully that alcohol is still the biggest health risk and all the data seems to back that up.

Old 01-06-2014, 05:07 AM

351 posts, read 370,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I used illegal drugs for 17 years with no problems. Alcohol is what almost killed me.

Recent research, BTW, shows that marijuana actually shrinks tumors. We have known for years that it reduces pain and nausea and increases appetite.

Do you have any links you would like to share?

what kinds of drugs you used ? and the people that should judge you are the people around you like your family and friends. They are the ones that had to deal with you and your drug use.

a drug addict will NEVER admit he has a problem, only his family and friends (the ones out of that enviroment). should....lol

Old 01-06-2014, 05:08 AM

458 posts, read 644,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Heroin, meth and crack are very addictive and will really mess your life up, for example.

Heroin, meth and crack are dangerous in synthetic form, but in the purist form it is actually much safer than smoking cigarettes.
Heroin in purist form = Opium/Poppy
Meth in purist form = Ma Huang
Crack in purist form = Coca

In the early 1900's, all of the above ingredients have been legally used before in tea.

Old 01-06-2014, 05:12 AM

Quote:
what kinds of drugs you used ? and the people that should judge you are the people around you like your family and friends. They are the ones that had to deal with you and your drug use.

a drug addict will NEVER admit he has a problem, only his family and friends (the ones out of that enviroment). should....lol
See my post #5.

Old 01-06-2014, 05:15 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,520,614 times
Quote:
SHORT-TERM EFFECTS

• Sensory distortion
  • Panic
  • Anxiety
  • Lowered reaction time

• Growth disorders

Yes but think of how much more easily the government could lead them.... Soma anyone??

Thanks for the information. I see definite apathy and lack of motivation (but a sense of entitlement) among the people I know use and they don't seem to have matured. They're still child like in their understanding of the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies