Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 01:12 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,924,934 times

Advertisements

Can anyone explain why certain mundane yet very dangerous drugs such as Alcohol, Psychoactive Pills and Tobacco are legal while drugs that alter and explore consciousness yet pose little to no health risks are outlawed, such as Marijuana, Mushrooms and DMT?

It is well known by now that health risks are not taken into consideration when picking and choosing drugs to outlaw.
Are citizens that are conscious and aware a threat to the system?

Please watch this video below:

Graham Hancock-The War on Consciousness - YouTube

"We live in a society that will send us to prison if we make use of time-honored sacred plants to explore our own consciousness. Yet surely the exploration and expansion of the miracle of our consciousness is the essence of what it is to be human?

By demonozing and persecuting whole areas of consciousness, we may be denying ourselves the next vital step in our own evolution."

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 01-06-2014 at 01:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2014, 01:16 PM

1,261 posts, read 2,145,723 times
Before I watch the video, I would like to voice my disagreement with this:

"But we are not our brains. We are our consciousness."

Just where do they think consciousness comes from, then? Consciousness arises from the neural functioning and information processing the brain performs. There is no evidence whatsoever that anything resembling Cartesian dualism exists.

Old 01-06-2014, 01:18 PM

13,307 posts, read 7,864,463 times
Prescribed meth creates creeps.

Old 01-06-2014, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Delta View Post
Before I watch the video, I would like to voice my disagreement with this:

"But we are not our brains. We are our consciousness."

Just where do they think consciousness comes from, then? Consciousness arises from the neural functioning and information processing the brain performs. There is no evidence whatsoever that anything resembling Cartesian dualism exists.
Cavemen had brains too but they were not "conscious", just as a bird is not particularly "conscious" of life. In the video he actually theorizes that early humans experimenting with mushrooms is what caused mass consciousness and evolutionary development.

I am not ready to fully agree with that, but I certainly don't think a plant used by Humans throughout history should have been outlawed for the past few decades.

Old 01-06-2014, 01:28 PM

1,261 posts, read 2,145,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Cavemen had brains too but they were not "conscious", just as a bird is not particularly "conscious" of life. In the video he actually theorizes that early humans experimenting with mushrooms is what caused mass consciousness and evolutionary development.

I am not ready to fully agree with that, but I certainly don't think a plant used by Humans throughout history should have been outlawed for the past few decades.
I would imagine the "cavemen" that made paintings like this were probably very conscious:

Certain types of birds such as corvids and parrots are highly intelligent and most definitely conscious. Eurasian magpies can even recognize themselves in a mirror. But for the record, I do believe that marijuana, mushrooms, LSD and other similar drugs should all be completely legal.

Old 01-06-2014, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Delta View Post
I would imagine the "cavemen" that made paintings like this were probably very conscious:

Certain types of birds such as corvids and parrots are highly intelligent and most definitely conscious. Eurasian magpies can even recognize themselves in a mirror.
True-in the video he does mention cave and rock art and explains that all over the World when these drawings were completed is when "something extraordinary happened to us as we were emerged into consciousness."

I think some animals are definitely conscious as well-dolphins, cats and dogs also come to mind.

Old 02-07-2014, 08:32 AM

I think fluoride is a very important piece to this all-societal control.

It is well known that fluoride calcifies our pineal gland-which regulates such important things as sleeping patterns and sexual desires-yet it somehow became known as the "cavity fighter" and is now pumped in nearly all public drinking water.

Personally speaking, I grew up in Philadelphia-which fluorides their water at 1 ppm- and had very cavity-prone teeth as a child despite brushing my teeth regularly. I have been drinking reverse-osmosis filtered water for the past few years (the only way to really remove fluoride from the drinking water) and haven't had a cavity in years.

Do we really need to medicate entire populations with toxic waste for something that may not even do what it is supposed to?

New Zealand is now looking to abandon the practice of medicating the public.

"The evidence that it is causing harm is getting stronger by the day, and in particular I'm most concerned about the lowering of IQ," he says. "We now have 37 studies that indicate an association with lowered IQ."

Read more: Anti-fluoride campaigner opens debate in Auckland - Story - NZ News - 3 News

Old 02-07-2014, 08:53 AM

924 posts, read 666,941 times
Drugs keep people from staying content little worker bees.

Therefore, they are bad.

Old 02-07-2014, 09:08 AM

1,794 posts, read 4,910,766 times
It's all about the money.
The industry hires lobbiest who pay off our politicans
and that is how it is legal, and stays legal.
Pure and simple.
That goes for anything, literally.

Old 02-07-2014, 09:09 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,658,053 times
Imagine if there was a cure for everyone and nobody got sick ? That would be very bad business for the elite medical and drug companies. So yes , certain people can pick and choose whats " good " for our country.

Ever wonder why some things that work/ heal people are banned in the USA but not in other countries? lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies