Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 03:32 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,599,094 times

Advertisements

Man gets eight months in prison for slapping toddler on plane - U.S. News

Imo, he deserved more.

Man gets eight months in prison for slapping toddler on plane

By David Beasley, Reuters
ATLANTA — A former aerospace executive who slapped a crying toddler on an airplane and used a racial slur against the child, who is black, received an eight-month prison sentence on Monday for an incident his attorney blamed on his alcoholism.

Joe Rickey Hundley, who apologized in court to the child's mother, was accused of striking the 19-month-old boy in the face on board a Delta Air Lines flight from Minneapolis to Atlanta last February.

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-06-2014 at 03:39 PM.. Reason: copyright
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2014, 03:44 PM

4,511 posts, read 5,052,966 times
That's a real shame ! This country is jail crazy. This guys only mistake was not having several armed robberies, rapes, drug charges and a rap sheet 20 pages long, then he would have received a slap on the wrist and be let back into society without any jail time.

Old 01-06-2014, 03:55 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
That's a real shame ! This country is jail crazy. This guys only mistake was not having several armed robberies, rapes, drug charges and a rap sheet 20 pages long, then he would have received a slap on the wrist and be let back into society without any jail time.
Brilliant retort. He did receive a slap on the wrist.

Had he hit my kid I'd have put that fool in the hospital.

Old 01-06-2014, 04:43 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,599,094 times
Quote:
Sarcasm?

Old 01-06-2014, 04:45 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,362,103 times
Biggest crime was hitiing a 1/2 black kid, and the media getting ahold of the story.,

Old 01-06-2014, 04:47 PM

4,511 posts, read 5,052,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Sarcasm?
Yes , of course. Slapping the kid was totally wrong- but 8 months in Jail ? What good is that going to do ?
It seems every thing you do these days is punishable by jail. We let the harden criminals out (to commit more crimes) because the jails are full and then put somebody like this in. I would think a hefty fine (payable to the parent) not the damn government and some community service would be better.

Old 01-06-2014, 04:48 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,132,363 times
Quote:
Well Nodpete, if this guy decides to slap one of your kids I'll recommend a slap on the wrist for him...

Old 01-06-2014, 04:49 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Hopefully while in prison he will enjoy a daily slapping by men who also happen to be black. You touch another person's child and you deserve what follows.

I fly to Thailand every year. That is normally 22+ hours each way. Yes I have been stuck in a window seat next to a mom and her crying infant. It is brutal, but it is a baby.

Old 01-06-2014, 04:51 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
I know everyone made this about race to push their agenda but in reality the skin color of the baby or the guy made no difference. I hate to think about the jail time I would be facing had he done something like that to my child.

Old 01-06-2014, 04:53 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
Quote:
Yes , of course. Slapping the kid was totally wrong- but 8 months in Jail ? What good is that going to do ?
It seems every thing you do these days is punishable by jail. We let the harden criminals out (to commit more crimes) because the jails are full and then put somebody like this in. I would think a hefty fine (payable to the parent) not the damn government and some community service would be better.
His punishment should have been way more swift and immediate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies