Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 12:54 AM

351 posts, read 370,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Congressional elections have been gerrymandered..for decades by the party in power.

Governors, LOL, you fail to notice run most often as purely fiscal, not Social conservs. That avoids the gender gap. State reps also run mainly as fiscal conservs. People want cost control and low taxes, but they do NOT want social control by politicians.

Now if the mainstream GOP regains control of the asylum, the POTUS nominees will also avoid the plague of Social Conservatism. It elects Democrats for POTUS, better than David Axelrod ever could!

PS, READ the Thread Topic. It says WHITE HOUSE! Stay ON topic.

how do you know all governors run as purely fiscal conservative since all states are different?..........but thanks of giving your DEMOCRAT opinion. You should work for MSNBC....LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2014, 12:55 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,966,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush99 View Post
when did Romney campaign for no exception for abortion?......
running for US Senator vs Ted Kennedy.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...6355BE3481482E

Sounds just like Reagan, huh? LOL! But politically in 2014, the views he discusses in these interviews are the only winnable position on this issue, in an election for POTUS.

Old 01-07-2014, 12:55 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,758,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
I think it is pretty impossible to not focus on social issues, right? When asked about abortion or gay marriage or the legalization of pot what should a Republican say? That they just aren't going to answer? They need to give some answer.

I remember Romney in several debates state the importance of sticking to the topic of jobs and the economy when asked about social issues, but he still needed to give an answer on the social issues.
They just don't give an answer. Republican make abortion an issue that they're against and want to change. They constantly are trying to intertwine church and state. They lead the charge against gay marry because "married is between a man and a woman." They lead the charge against Hispanics.

It IS possible NOT to focus on social issues. It's one thing to have personal values and opinions, but it's another thing to want to force those opinions on everyone else. Say I'm pro choice for example. I'd have no problem if a candidate said he was pro life because of HIS personal religion if he was asked. The problem is & what I and most Americans would have a problem with is when they want to create laws that will force their personal social beliefs on everyone else. Giving an opinion and focusing on something are two separate things.

Last edited by DoniDanko; 01-07-2014 at 01:16 AM.. Reason: type fix

Old 01-07-2014, 01:00 AM

Quote:
if that's the case why Republicans control congress and have the majority of governorships and state legislatures?........that don't count?......blacks, hispanics and gays don't vote at the state level? LOL

make up your mind, if the Republicans are being rejected why to they control other branches of government?

Presidential elections is a beauty contest, people vote for the most likeable person and who they like to have a beer.....State governors and state legislatures get more things done than a President that in my opinion is just a figure head.
As bobtn already said, gerrymandering and the fact that Liberals voting turn out is low during midterm elections.

Old 01-07-2014, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
running for US Senator vs Ted Kennedy.

romney pro choice vs kennedy - Bing Videos

I don't see any difference in that when Bill Clinton, Hilllary Clinton and Obama change their views on gay marriage.

are they gutless too?......or you have a double standard when it comes to democrats.

Old 01-07-2014, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
As bobtn already said, gerrymandering and the fact that Liberals voting turn out is low during midterm elections.

so for state governorships and state legislatures the voter turnout is low?......you sure about that?

Old 01-07-2014, 01:14 AM

Quote:
so for state governorships and state legislatures the voter turnout is low?......you sure about that?
Yes, midterm voter turnout is typically low compared to presidential elections even more so for Democrats in most cases.

Old 01-07-2014, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
Yes, midterm voter turnout is typically low compared to presidential elections even more so for Democrats in most cases.

governorships are not midterm..........a lot of people stay home because of the electoral college system. Only 58% turnout for the 2012 presidential election. That's 42% of the electorate that could less about either party and stayed home.

Old 01-07-2014, 04:38 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
I think it takes more than just ranting about how much they hate the current president.

Old 01-07-2014, 05:05 AM

1,074 posts, read 757,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They've won on this platform before.

Can they win being against amnesty? Yes.

Equal pay for women has been the law for years. I know of no politician wanting to overturn this.

I am for gay marriage but based upon the whole Duck Dynasty thing, I would say that they still can.

This should be a huge plus for them.
This should have ended this thread, but Leftist have so deluded themselves into thinking that everyone thinks like they do, that they will continue to beat a dead horse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies