Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 01:35 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,557 posts, read 16,548,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Some day more black people will realize that their Democratic leaders have enslaved them socially and they will become relevant again.
so tell me, how have i been enslaved socially ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2014, 01:24 PM

1,943 posts, read 3,338,981 times
Al Sharpton needs to sit down. He DOES not speak for us.

Old 01-10-2014, 06:20 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
So the democratic party tells you. Read the post before your post.
What are you saying?

Old 01-10-2014, 06:28 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theother View Post
Al Sharpton needs to sit down. He DOES not speak for us.
Last time I checked, many Blacks don't even pay attention to Al Sharpton. I rarely hear Blacks even mention Al Sharpton.

Old 01-11-2014, 02:14 AM

8,572 posts, read 8,541,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Didn't I hear someone recommend an action similar to what the Tea Party does?

Ted Cruz is in Texas as a Senator. He would not see the light of day in Illinois.

Now there may be a Republican that offers vouchers so that kids can get into better schools. They had that in DC, and the black parents were upset when the Democrats did not renew the program.

You may THINK you know what the right will do - but you don't. We KNOW what left leadership is doing - because they are doing it and their constituents are not happy.

Who are the card carrying racists? And since they are "card carrying" - you should have some proof.

The GOP not too long ago had Strom Thurmond and company. They left the Democratic party because of LBJ and the Civil Rights bill, and the GOP happily took them in. BOTH Nixon and Reagan played the race card to attract voters.

Occupy Wall Street deliberately copied some of the early Tea Party tactics. No need to say more as you know OWS is definitely anti GOP.

Do you have spaces in schools for all the vouchers? So what about the 95% who you cant accommodate? Oh. Forgot, you don't care about them. You just want to use people as an excuse to defund public school education, which is precisely why those people are angry with Rahm Emanuel.

At the end of the day you too are a card carrying racist if you refuse to query why 95% of blacks have a particular view. Do you ask why, or do you just assume that 95% of us are too stupid to know why we fear the GOP? I suggest that you have a chat with Michael Steele and other black GOP. You know those who think for themselves. Not those who get paid to spout the most right wing lunacy.

Old 01-11-2014, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
In general, no. I stated both have their racists and I'm sure both have made racist statements whether it's towards blacks or whites. Both parties have them. There just is more public light shown on the mis-statements on the right.

That might be true but yours have this habit of showing up with nasty signs when they think that Obama might be around. Even McCain had to tell them to stop that.

Then you have Romney who ranted about the lazy people who vote Democrat. He said it before the election, and then repeated at as an excuse for his loss against what must have been the weakest incumbent ever. Well over 90% of blacks, and over 70% of Asians, Hispanics and Jews did, so we know what he thinks of all of us.

Tell you what. If you al stop mixing with ageing and/or semi literate whites maybe you might get to know more about us. Because these groups have become the core GOP block.

Indeed just look at C-D. I can assure you that NONE of the daily rants against black people are made by people who are likely to have voted for the Democrats. Why doesn't the GOP tell this people to behave, if they don't endorse endlessly demonization of blacks?

Then again at the GOP Convention last year some black GOP attendees were insulted by a few of the whites. You think that would happen at the Democratic convention?

All the guys who hurled insults in 1964 are still hurling insults in 2014, if they are alive, and if not apparently their sons took over.. Difference is they are now GOP, when they used to be Dixiecrats.

Last edited by caribny; 01-11-2014 at 02:29 AM..

Old 01-11-2014, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Republicans HAVE said that black people are slaves to the democratic plantation.

You can't be that ignorant to not know this.

Also some have said that black people were better off in slavery than in current times.

Indeed one of their governors insisted that the Civil War had NOTHING to do with slavery.

The problem with the GOP is that they inherited those southern Democrats who were bigots during Jim Crow, and, filled with these people, they just make mistakes after mistakes.

Like the FOX TV rant that Jesus was white. As a Middle Eastern person what ever he was he looked nothing like the popular images of Jesus.

Old 01-11-2014, 10:23 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Indeed one of their governors insisted that the Civil War had NOTHING to do with slavery.

The problem with the GOP is that they inherited those southern Democrats who were bigots during Jim Crow, and, filled with these people, they just make mistakes after mistakes.

Like the FOX TV rant that Jesus was white. As a Middle Eastern person what ever he was he looked nothing like the popular images of Jesus.
Couple that with the vehemence and outrage with which she said it.....obviously even the notion that Jesus or Santa Claus might be nonwhite is a threat to White Americans' comfy sense of advantage.

Old 01-11-2014, 11:17 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,749,163 times
Quote:

If what you're quoting is accurate, that's delusional. Anything that took place during the Civil War era had something to do with the Civil War.

That said, the reason the Civil War was fought wasn't to end slavery & certainly not to gain equal rights. It was because prior to that point no one was really sure if a state that had voluntarily entered into the United States could voluntarily secede? When the Southern states decided to secede, Lincoln decided to flex Federal Government muscle & set the precedent that all States were now subjects of the Federal Government, not partners. You seem like an educated guy, I'm sure you're aware that Lincoln didn't think highly of Black people.

“I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races. I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of Negroes, nor qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people. And I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will ever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. … And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.” – Abraham Lincoln in his fourth debate with Stephen Douglas in the campaign for the United States Senate on September 18th of 1858.

Old 01-11-2014, 11:19 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,749,163 times
Quote:

Bill Maher said once (paraphrasing) "This is why Conservatives are ok with Mitt Romney and Mormon's. They believe Jesus was a White guy from Missouri., what's not to like?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies