Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 12:12 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,081,959 times

Advertisements

3 words: Not gonna happen.

No matter how many GOPers have tingles down their legs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2014, 12:13 PM

62,747 posts, read 28,944,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Breaking up California is a bad idea. Why not break up Texas! That state is much larger and the large and growing Hispanic population is marginalized due to ingrained state politics that make sure the districts are gerrymandered...
Yeah, large and growing and much of it is due to illegal immigration from their group.

Old 01-08-2014, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
And you'd be living amongst those fruits and nuts. I'm sure a majority of Californians wouldn't miss you one bit.

Hasta la Vista...
Can't be civil? I don't want to live among fruits and nuts which represents the majority of Californians (liberal Democrats) so it works for me anyway. Conservatives aren't the nuts in this state.

Old 01-08-2014, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
California has many areas which are not currently represented by either State or Federal Government.
The people of conservative areas such as San Diego, Riverside, and Orange counties live under the repression of a liberal State government which is indifferent to their desires as the recent gun control legislation proves.

In addition the entire area of California would receive more representation on the Federal Level by the inclusion of the additional Senator that would be appointed for the additional States.

The result would be better representation for more people. Only someone who had the desire to repress his fellow citizens would be against it.

Old 01-08-2014, 03:39 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,411,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Can't be civil? I don't want to live among fruits and nuts which represents the majority of Californians (liberal Democrats) so it works for me anyway. Conservatives aren't the nuts in this state.
I am all over the state for business. I see a lot of Counties, some I like, some do not. But for the most part, people I see, are not fruits and by the way, love their nuts, very good for you.

I have been to almost every State. Some I like, some definitely do not. Know what I have found out, in every State, there are people who are definite nuts, and there are sane people.

Some States people are warm and friendly, some States, they are not. People are people no matter where they live, believe me I have been to all except for 3 Alaska being one of them.

Los Angles, to me has the most nuts, if your going to say there are nuts. The whole State does not have nuts,, so I do disagree with you.

Where i live people are very sane, level headed and definitely not nuts in any shape way or form.

Have you been thru every County in Calif, i have, some of the smaller counties that are rural, people just want to be left alone, and are very sane Don't care where you live today, don't care what State, people are the same, either crazy in the head, or sane.
The political machine those who run the States have something to do with the nuts they create.
You seem to assume everyone out here are nuts, and that is so not true.

Old 01-08-2014, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I am all over the state for business. I see a lot of Counties, some I like, some do not. But for the most part, people I see, are not fruits and by the way, love their nuts, very good for you.

I have been to almost every State. Some I like, some definitely do not. Know what I have found out, in every State, there are people who are definite nuts, and there are sane people.

Some States people are warm and friendly, some States, they are not. People are people no matter where they live, believe me I have been to all except for 3 Alaska being one of them.

Los Angles, to me has the most nuts, if your going to say there are nuts. The whole State does not have nuts,, so I do disagree with you.

Where i live people are very sane, level headed and definitely not nuts in any shape way or form.

Have you been thru every County in Calif, i have, some of the smaller counties that are rural, people just want to be left alone, and are very sane Don't care where you live today, don't care what State, people are the same, either crazy in the head, or sane.
The political machine those who run the States have something to do with the nuts they create.
You seem to assume everyone out here are nuts, and that is so not true.
I didn't say that. I said the state has a majority of nuts. I didn't say that everyone in this state is nuts.

Old 01-08-2014, 07:55 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,411,744 times
Quote:
I didn't say that. I said the state has a majority of nuts. I didn't say that

everyone in this state is nuts.

Alright guess I assumed wrong then, sorry for that. And we all know who the nuts in the State are don't we. Comparing nuts to nuts.

I think it is safe to say, that no matter what State you live in, there are crazy people and level headed people, this is what I have seen from traveling. States you would think should be friendly are not, those you would think people are stuck up as hell are not. Go figure. I would have to say from traveling to other States the majority of States maybe they do not know it, has their fair share of nuts also.

Hate to say this, maybe I should not but I believe in keeping it real, in Michigan, some nice scenery, but I thought, they had plenty of nuts. New Mexico, I found the people to be warm and inviting. At least from our perspective.

California not being one of them, a few States, the people had a chip on their damn shoulder, and it clearly shows. Love Vegas to visit friends, and go to shows, a tiny bit of gambling, and I mean tiny. Like blackjack and craps. But there are quite a few nut jobs there also. We cannot find good people to work out there in Vegas, they start out with good intentions. Then earn bad habits. So what I have found out from traveling to many different States, while scenery is pretty and beautiful, weather stinks people are people, not enough of a change yet, to make me want to move. We may move from San Clemente to Temecula, wine Country, don't want too, but most of our clients are in the IE and that area would be much closer. But no beach, oh well, life is full of surprises. And this is my opinion of the States I have mentioned.

ciao Happy New Year to you!

Old 01-08-2014, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Alright guess I assumed wrong then, sorry for that. And we all know who the nuts in the State are don't we. Comparing nuts to nuts.

I think it is safe to say, that no matter what State you live in, there are crazy people and level headed people, this is what I have seen from traveling. States you would think should be friendly are not, those you would think people are stuck up as hell are not. Go figure. I would have to say from traveling to other States the majority of States maybe they do not know it, has their fair share of nuts also.

Hate to say this, maybe I should not but I believe in keeping it real, in Michigan, some nice scenery, but I thought, they had plenty of nuts. New Mexico, I found the people to be warm and inviting. At least from our perspective.

California not being one of them, a few States, the people had a chip on their damn shoulder, and it clearly shows. Love Vegas to visit friends, and go to shows, a tiny bit of gambling, and I mean tiny. Like blackjack and craps. But there are quite a few nut jobs there also. We cannot find good people to work out there in Vegas, they start out with good intentions. Then earn bad habits. So what I have found out from traveling to many different States, while scenery is pretty and beautiful, weather stinks people are people, not enough of a change yet, to make me want to move. We may move from San Clemente to Temecula, wine Country, don't want too, but most of our clients are in the IE and that area would be much closer. But no beach, oh well, life is full of surprises. And this is my opinion of the States I have mentioned.

ciao Happy New Year to you!
What I meant was that California is full of liberals. On that level that is the nutty part. I have traveled myself some but being a nut politically doesn't mean they can't be warm and friendly. We have our share of warm and friendly people here in the Golden State and that would include many liberals. Just don't like their politics.

Funny you should mention Temecula as I am contimplating a move to Murietta. Small world, right?

Old 01-08-2014, 08:08 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,303,853 times
Quote:
I am a California resident. Wouldn't bother me in the least if we were broken up into two states. Liberal California and Conservative California. I'd be living in the conservative one even though it would be the smallest of the two states due to most of California being the land of the fruits and nuts.
Left out The Flakes

Old 01-08-2014, 08:12 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,303,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Just one more reason to eliminate the electoral college and go to one man, one vote.
Here we go again .... Research all the elections where the Popular Vote didn't match the Electoral College Vote.

Last edited by JohnnyMack; 01-08-2014 at 08:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies