Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 01:56 PM

11,999 posts, read 12,879,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I am not one to turn my nose up at a website because it has information that deviates from the mainstream. I don't find the mainstream news to be particularly trustworthy. I can read all of it, both mainstream and "conspiracy stuff" and then draw my own conclusions. I think that sometimes there is truth to some of the "conspiracy theories" so I'm not one to just automatically dismiss things because they come from a "conspiracy website". I am a logical person with critical thinking skills and I am capable of deciding for myself what makes sense and what does not.

I don't find the science backing the flu shot to be very convincing so for me it's not worth getting. I have had the flu before and it was a miserable experience but my preference for prevention is to take care of my immune system as best as possible and wash my hands a lot. Other people choose the vaccine, good for them but that does not mean that I have to get one just because others feel that is the best thing to do.

I just seem to run into people who will overstate the benefits of the vaccine and ignore any possibility of complications. That was the reason for my initial sarcastic comment.
Well said and agree 100%.

Old 01-07-2014, 02:55 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,256,658 times
If you don't want to vaccinate, then keep your sick ass at home, where you won't pass on your contagion to others.

the 2% of people who have adverse reactions to a vaccine is in no way a deterrent. just rhetoric on the part of anti-vaxxers

I was injured by a vaccine (it made me become allergic to Mangoes and its flowers), but you see me blaming "big pharma" . No. I rather be allergic to a fruit and flower than be dead right now.

Old 01-07-2014, 03:28 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,531,356 times
Europe's heakth care system is ahead of ours in recognizing the problems and adverse effects of these vaccines.

Old 01-07-2014, 03:43 PM

23,156 posts, read 26,099,307 times
I'm not going to go look up every posters history but wonder how many passing this kind of thing off as "just one of those unfortunate things" are also some of those that get behind the "if even the life of one child can be saved" proponents when it comes to something like gun control or abortion?

Old 01-07-2014, 03:46 PM

26,661 posts, read 13,652,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
If you don't want to vaccinate, then keep your sick ass at home, where you won't pass on your contagion to others.
What makes you think that because someone chooses not to vaccinate that they are "sick" and contaminating everyone? That is not logical.

Old 01-07-2014, 03:59 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,531,356 times
Quote:

the 2% of people who have adverse reactions to a vaccine is in no way a deterrent. just rhetoric on the part of anti-vaxxers

I was injured by a vaccine (it made me become allergic to Mangoes and its flowers), but you see me blaming "big pharma" . No. I rather be allergic to a fruit and flower than be dead right now.
Why? Don't you really believe the vaccines work? If you really believed in them, then it wouldn't matter if someone has the flu and goes out and exposes you to it.

Old 01-07-2014, 05:19 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,911,264 times
Vaccine manufacturers are unfortunately protected from liability with vaccines. Likely, they will have to try to get some compensation from the "vaccine" court. Very sad.

Old 01-07-2014, 05:26 PM

Quote:

I agree, if you are sick, best to be at home.

As to the other, you made a choice, certainly wise if you think you would die w/o a vaccine. Everybody should be able to do the same with their bodies and the bodies of those they are caretakers.

I have seen a couple of interesting studies regarding overwhelming of the immune system, vaccines and auto immune disorders. Would like to see more.

Old 01-07-2014, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I am not one to turn my nose up at a website because it has information that deviates from the mainstream. I don't find the mainstream news to be particularly trustworthy. I can read all of it, both mainstream and "conspiracy stuff" and then draw my own conclusions. I think that sometimes there is truth to some of the "conspiracy theories" so I'm not one to just automatically dismiss things because they come from a "conspiracy website". I am a logical person with critical thinking skills and I am capable of deciding for myself what makes sense and what does not.

I don't find the science backing the flu shot to be very convincing so for me it's not worth getting. I have had the flu before and it was a miserable experience but my preference for prevention is to take care of my immune system as best as possible and wash my hands a lot. Other people choose the vaccine, good for them but that does not mean that I have to get one just because others feel that is the best thing to do.

I just seem to run into people who will overstate the benefits of the vaccine and ignore any possibility of complications. That was the reason for my initial sarcastic comment.
Can't rep ya.

Old 01-07-2014, 06:14 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,189,003 times
Americans really do not need to worry as Pandemrix, the vaccination in question was used in 2009 in and was never licensed for use in the US. Hmmm--maybe our government protections work.

CDC - CDC Statement on Discontinued Use of Pandemrix Influenza Vaccine in Europe - Vaccine Safety

If you insist on receiving your medical and scientific advice from celebrities such as Jenny McCarthy and Suzanne Sommers, best of luck to you.

Anti-Vaccine Body Count

Anti-vax communities get measles: Outbreaks linked to denial of vaccines.

How To Argue With The Anti-Vaccine Crazies: A Guide | Popular Science

Concerns About Vaccine Safety - Immunization Issue
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies