Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2014, 08:14 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Why not just ask the person making the claim?

It's not random people's responsibility to prove other random people's claims. The burden of proof is on the claiment. If the claim cannot be proven, how can the OP assert the additional costs? How would they even know?

Unless they are lying, which can always be an issue...

Which seems to happen a lot when conservatives try and talk about Obamacare...
The biggest proponent of Obamacare is a serial liar.

You know "If you like your plan..............." etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2014, 08:22 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So you blame repubs for the ACA...

What the hell type of thinking is that?
Liberal thinking. The same type of thinking that screams that Republicans have been blocking and obstructing everything the Democraps want to do, and then when things start to improve they take credit for it. The same type of thinking that says spending $1 under Bush is bad but spending $2 under Obama is good. The same type of thinking that screams "Bush lied!" for 13 years, but completely ignores the outright lies Obama tells.

Old 01-08-2014, 08:26 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Yet ANOTHER person taking the position that passing a terrible law that puts people and the economy in a worse position than before is better than doing nothing at all.

Unbelievable.
Its even worse when you consider their attitude is..

If you dont support blowing up the system in place and fight against making it worse, you are to blame for its destruction.

I cant believe people like that are allowed to vote.

Old 01-08-2014, 08:33 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Because instead of Republicans taking charge on healthcare, they let the democrats do it with a plan that Republicans thought of in the 1990s. Once that plan came to fruition, they cry about repealing ACA without offering any substitute for it.....

So basically...... Republicans do nothing and whine the entire time without pushing forward THEIR own model for healthcare...... Or maybe Sen. Cruz had something cooked up when he got his 15 minutes of fame?

"Because instead of Republicans taking charge on healthcare" Why should they have. There was NO crisis. 85% of the people were HAPPY with what they had.

They could have taken the 10 million, the real number, and modified Medicare which is for the poor anyway.

Please post the 90's plan and ObamaCare.

If you think they are the same. well I won 't say it.

Last edited by Quick Enough; 01-08-2014 at 08:45 AM..

Old 01-08-2014, 08:37 AM

13,929 posts, read 5,615,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA Bubbleup View Post
By increasing the debt and deficit. We do not have the economic engine required to even begin to support this endeavor. Even taxing the rich at a 100% rate will not cover the cost. It cannot be paid for without borrowing from or issuing debt to China/ other nations.
This. Best answer.

Old 01-08-2014, 08:38 AM

12,973 posts, read 15,793,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
lol.

Who do you think is paying for the increase in Medicaid rolls and the subsidies?
So you agree there were a very large number of people not receiving medical care under our old system?

That is what you wish to go back to?

There still are no more doctors or hospitals. So large cost increases are not likely. There is no where to spend the money.

Old 01-08-2014, 08:44 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
So you agree there were a very large number of people not receiving medical care under our old system?

There still are no more doctors or hospitals. So large cost increases are not likely. There is no where to spend the money.
CBO estimates that 30,000,000 will still be uninsured.....

Old 01-08-2014, 08:45 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post

moving people from private insurance, to medicaid, does not change the number of people receiving care..

If you are unhappy about the millions of people without insurance undert he old care, you should absolutely HATE the new system..

btw, the estimates are the average increase this year will exceed 7%, and the nations spending as a % of GDP will climb by 4%.. That indeed is a huge increase.

Old 01-08-2014, 09:03 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALackOfCreativity View Post
I mean, you can argue the way the Republicans governed under Bush resulted in the Democrats getting voted a filibuster-proof senate majority, congress, and the Presidency all at once and thus free reign to pass the ACA without a single Republican vote means the Republicans are to blame for the ACA -- but it's analogous to blaming a rape victim for it because she was walking through a bad part of town in skimpy clothing alone late at night. Sure, there's a chain of cause and effect there, but if you do you're still being a tremendous jerk.

edit: and while I give you credit for not making this argument explicitly, you are doing so implicitly, since your argument basically boils down to: the Republicans failed to address a Democratic desire and then let them take a filibuster-proof majority thus it's the Republicans fault -- if that wasn't intentional please give it some thought, if it was, please stop.
" it boils down to: the Republicans failed to address a Democratic desire and then let them take a filibuster-proof majority thus it's the Republicans fault ."

If I am not mistaken, the dems did NOT have a filibuster proof majority. I think the tally was 53 dems to 47 repubs. To be filibuster proof it has to be at least 60 to 40.

I will admit you are being very Creative". Not factual but, creative.

Old 01-08-2014, 09:20 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Increased Medicaid and Obamacare subsidies.

I understand there are a new fees going into effect Jan 1 but how do we pay for the rest of the program ?
Will my increased premium costs be kicked back by the insurance companies to cover subsidies ?
I have decided to pay cash to my family doctor. As a result of that, he lowered his rates. I have decided to be not insured since the fine is cheaper. And if I use the ER, I will claim to be an illegal alien and not have to pay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies