Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should drug use be legal?
Drug use and sale should be decriminalized 39 69.64%
Drug use and sale should be kept as is 17 30.36%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 10:17 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,924,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So, people coming out of surgery would be better off with a joint, than morphine? Seriously?
You always think in such extreme terms. People that get morphine coming out of surgery aren't abusing pain medication and that is certainly not how Pharmaceutical Companies became the #1 most profitable industry in the country or why more people are overdosing on pain meds than they have on any drug-legal or not-before.

It honestly makes you seem like an instigator-Someone that works in the Industry and is just trying to stifle rational conversation. God bless you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2014, 10:31 AM

5,349 posts, read 5,123,798 times
Quote:
No, in US cocaine and meth use is down 40%. In Portugal cocaine use doubled.
Then you just validated my point that given the choice, people wont do stupid drugs like crack and meth. It's not like enforcement has anything to do with the decrease.

Old 01-08-2014, 10:34 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
Then you just validated my point that given the choice, people wont do stupid drugs like crack and meth. It's not like enforcement has anything to do with the decrease.
US & South American anti-drug coalition has stepped up their efforts, and production is down 44%. So, yes, it does have a lot to do with it. And yes, millions of people chose to do crack.

Old 01-08-2014, 10:40 AM

Quote:
US & South American anti-drug coalition has stepped up their efforts, and production is down 44%. So, yes, it does have a lot to do with it. And yes, millions of people chose to do crack.
Finn, can you do me a favor and read those articles I posted in the first post??? Maybe that'll help out.

Old 01-08-2014, 10:47 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,285,342 times
Quote:
No, in US cocaine and meth use is down 40%. In Portugal cocaine use doubled.
Tell me, just how are statistics on illegal drug use compiled?

It seems to me that the majority of people who use illegal drugs would not be inclined to admit it, so just how are these bull crap statistics derived?

Could it be by the same bull crap government statisticians who constantly tell us that crime is constantly decreasing despite the constant increase in prison population?

Or is it the other bull crap government statisticians who tell us that we have no inflation despite the fact we all know we are paying more for everything we buy?

Old 01-08-2014, 10:50 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,726,125 times
Quote:
In my youth practically everyone who turned down drugs, did it only because they were illegal.

could you tell me why they legalized alcohol??? one of the most deadly concoctions ever invented..

could you tell me what the war on weed has accomplished in 76 years???

Old 01-08-2014, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
Tell me, just how are statistics on illegal drug use compiled?

It seems to me that the majority of people who use illegal drugs would not be inclined to admit it, so just how are these bull crap statistics derived?

Could it be by the same bull crap government statisticians who constantly tell us that crime is constantly decreasing despite the constant increase in prison population?

Or is it the other bull crap government statisticians who tell us that we have no inflation despite the fact we all know we are paying more for everything we buy?
You bring up a good point. Whose gonna admit to drug abuse? Another thing to consider, the effects of drugs that you have heard about from the police and other sources only report how those who are willing to break the law react to such substances. The views of the effects might be different if the drugs were legal to the whole population.

And to join on cruxan's bus, can you tell me what the war on psychedelics has accomplished?

Old 01-08-2014, 11:04 AM

Quote:
So, people coming out of surgery would be better off with a joint, than morphine? Seriously?

no.. but people with many other ailments would be better off using the all natural plant that you cant over dose on then the big pharma concoctions..

can't sleep?? smoke a few hits of sleep weed

Old 01-08-2014, 11:08 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times
I used to be 100% in favor of legalization of any and all drugs. After all, you harm no one but yourself by using them. But recently I have changed my thinking on this. In the context of our vast welfare state, drug users do in fact harm others, namely the taxpayers who are left to pay for their rehab, social security disability, etc.

The welfare state is not going away anytime soon. As a voter, I have to consider the reality that is, not some idealized utopia. I voted against the initiative that legalized marijuana in my state in 2012, and I will continue to support candidates that support the War on Drugs. If we are to have a welfare state, we must have a nanny state to go with it.

Old 01-08-2014, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
You bring up a good point. Whose gonna admit to drug abuse? Another thing to consider, the effects of drugs that you have heard about from the police and other sources only report how those who are willing to break the law react to such substances. The views of the effects might be different if the drugs were legal to the whole population.

And to join on cruxan's bus, can you tell me what the war on psychedelics has accomplished?

not a dam thing.. I don't know anybody that ever got addicted to magic mushrooms

I did them a few times whey I was in my twenties, what a trip
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies