Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2014, 09:58 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,281,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
It is called truth...
Put up or shut up, lady.

WHERE did you get your education and training in human sexuality? Or, alternatively, are you a homosexual with first hand knowledge?

I don't know how to work on cars and have no experience working in a car shop. Should I pop on over to the automotive section of the forum and tell them how to change a carburetor?

Because frankly, my dear, that's about as much worth as your opinion has in this discussion vis-à-vis the causes and nature of homosexuality.

Old 01-08-2014, 09:58 AM

6,392 posts, read 5,145,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Are you Bubblehead?
Yes, USS Barbel, SS-580. USS New York City, SSN-696, and USS Pittsburgh, SSN-720, (First Operational Vertical Launch Tomahawk 688 Class).

Old 01-08-2014, 09:59 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,034,666 times
Quote:
Where in my statement was there a threat.

Please elucidate that.

And I am not proselytizing. Just stating a fact.
I call it witnessing with a sledgehammer.

And you do it well.

Old 01-08-2014, 09:59 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,281,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Saying homosexuality is abnormal is hate speech. It legitimizes bigotry and discrimination by making homophobia a respectable form of prejudice. That's the main problem with it.

It also just isn't true. Available scientific evidence suggests differences in sexual orientation are just an example of normal human variation, not of pathology.
Homosexuality is not normal. Depending on which source you choose, it's 3 to 8 %
of the Human population. That is not normal.There is no such thing as hate-speech
in America, it's a Communist term. It is not homophobia, homosexuality is mentioned
9 or more times in the Bible (several in each testament) as being a sin (many in each
Testament). It's actually simple mathematics.

By the way, I am not anti-gay, I'm pro-normal.

Old 01-08-2014, 10:00 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,281,475 times
Quote:
Well, since homosexualism is not proven to be genetic, then it must be a choice to act in a depraved manner.

I can play that game too.

Why don't you first learn the difference between "orientation" and "acts."

Is a nun who is attracted to men but never has sex her entire life any less a heterosexual?

Is a man who is attracted to dudes but spends his time fighting off those urges any less a homosexual because he actually stops short of acting on his urges?

THEN, when you have fully digested the difference, do some elementary research on epigenetics and gene expression.

Old 01-08-2014, 10:01 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,447,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
You clearly have never been to a gay pride parade. Most parades these days are very tame family friendly events and have floats by sponsored by corporations, the police, armed forces, local businesses, local community services etc. You might find a float or two with athletic looking gay men dressed up in tight shorts dancing or a drag queen float or maybe some lesbians on bikes among all the other floats.
The pride events here in Humboldt county too are family friendly, no groping or blatant behavior by the gay or straight participants and most of the time the proceeds from these events go to a childrens shelter, CASA or one of the other juvenile programs. They do as much good for our community as does the Moose Lodge or the other non profit organizations..

Old 01-08-2014, 10:01 AM

12,000 posts, read 12,845,323 times
Quote:
I was there, you weren't. I know what I saw. As did a few thousand other people who were disgusted as I was.

So take your pooh-poohing and disappear. This is not the first time this crap happened and won't be the last.

You like watching that garbage, that's your issue, don't force it on other people.
Funny, I'm attracted to both men and women but probably would never go to a Pride Parade (let alone stand, watch and be disgusted by one) as I'm a very reserved person.

You obviously have a wildly strange obsession with being anti-homosexual just as some people have an obsession with being homosexual, bisexual or heterosexual-Both anti-sexual and sexual obsessions are very unhealthy as there is so much more to us as individuals than our sexuality.

A lot of gays don't have anal sex, a lot don't have sex at all-just as many heterosexual couples. In fact, most people having anal sex ARE heterosexual couples. Why not spend time telling those couples that they will burn in Hell?

As far as being able to produce children or not-I've never understood that argument. We have Billions of people starving and with diseases and our planet is in terrible shape-it will probably become more and more volatile for future generations due to man-made changes. So many heterosexual couples in this country do a plain terrible job of raising their children. I find that if an individual can better the World without bringing another mouth to feed into it-more power to them.

One last thing-If you wish for people to stop being gay, simply tell all the straight people to stop creating them.

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 01-08-2014 at 11:30 AM..

Old 01-08-2014, 10:03 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,041,772 times
normal≠majority

Old 01-08-2014, 10:03 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,714,327 times
Quote:
Well, since homosexualism is not proven to be genetic, then it must be a choice to act in a depraved manner.

I can play that game too.
When did you make the choice to be a heterosexual?

We are all born with a sexuality that falls into a range of behavior. Who and what we find attractive falls into the range that we are born with. How strong our sex drive is falls into a range. Much like the way human intelligence works. We are born with potential, and our environment helps to determine how we will fulfill that potential. We don't get to choose how much potential we have, and we don't get to choose the environment that will nurture or starve our potential. We do get to choose how we live.

And one of the most important choices we have about how we live is how true to ourselves we will be. Will we live our entire lives conforming to society's expectations and demands, never following our own hearts and our own dreams? Will we live our lives as lies? Or will we push society's boundaries, forge our own paths, transform the rigid rules of a stagnant society into a vibrant, growing society?

Old 01-08-2014, 10:05 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,821,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
My wife is Japanese. One day, we were at an amusement park. We were strolling our son around. This old guy and a kid walked by. The old man looked at the stroller and mumbled, "Must be some new species of monkey." and kept walking.

I stopped strolling. I whipped around and said, "What did you just say?" I don't care if he was 60, 70, or 80 or if it had been a younger racist. I was going to knock him out. At least confront the stupid. You always have to fight the stupid.

Whole societies were built on people being gay. Ever hear of the Spartans? Gay.
Samurai? GAY. To say it is abnormal is to ignore history. And we're not ignorant up in here, so it's as normal today as it was normal in the age of the Spartans.

It just is. Let it be. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say a lot of people hate gays because the Bible says hate gays. Just like it says you can't eat oysters.

Oysters and being gay are off the list of normal. They quote one verse as law about gays and say, "Meh" to the one that says you can't EVER get a divorce.
Correction. The Bible does NOT say to HATE anyone. It addresses the homosexual deed (whether we agree with the Bible or not, this is how it is addressed) like any other sinful deed.

The Bible also addresses what to do for a person involved in a sin.

"Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted." Galatians 6:1 (NIV)

That doesn't look like hate to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies