Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2014, 10:21 AM

1,735 posts, read 1,769,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
When did running a photography BUSINESS become a religion?

If your religion does not allow you to follow the laws that every other business has to follow, then you should not open a business. Your religious beliefs do not trump the laws.

Do you believe that anyone should be exempt from any law based on their personal religious beliefs?
Could you tell me what is wrong with that? When you force a Christian to go against their faith then you violate their Freedom of Religion.

Old 01-08-2014, 10:26 AM

2,463 posts, read 2,788,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
Could you tell me what is wrong with that? When you force a Christian to go against their faith then you violate their Freedom of Religion.
Provoking your religion onto others is not a "right."

Old 01-08-2014, 10:27 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Read my post earlier #210. ANYBODY can be obsessed with sex and their sexuality-hetero, homo, bi.
There are plenty of gay and bi men (myself included) whose sexuality does not wholely define them.

It is YOU who chooses to focus on gay men and women obsessed with sex to validate your own personal beliefs while ignoring hetero men and women with the same sexual obsessions.
It is natural and nature teaches that men are to be with a woman.

No matter how you look at it... it is so..if you want to let feelings rule you , then you will fall into any enticing idea or thought to rule you.

Ever hear of self control? Or common sense? Many do not adhere to any standard and have no concept of what is right or wrong. Anything can be acceptable today if they work on it to be acceptable.. mankind can argue to obtain that acceptance through rationalizing anything in themselves. Any thought .

If someone felt they wanted to rob something, it starts in the mind.. if they entertain that thought they are closer to acting on that thought to rob.. if they dismiss it as being foolish or not acceptable they will not. If they have that thought, they can push it out of their mind or act on it.

Some people have no concept of their own self control and are impulsive. They act on it quickly what they think at the time. One can be taught self control with a belief system of what is right or wrong. Others reject it and do what they will. Many people have a rebellious spirit and will not even adhere to the laws of the land and wind up in jail for their entire life.

One must think out what their thoughts are and if they are good or bad. Some people are handed any drug and will take it without reservation that it could kill them or hook them into a life living under a bridge. Others think it is cool to be rebellious and way beyond the norm. People are also being desensitized by shows like sister wives, or chasing after material things at any cost with shows that idolize wealth while having no moral concept at all.

And so it is, man can fall into all kinds of situations and it starts in the mind . Self control is a good trait to have and one who masters it well can be in control of their life.

Old 01-08-2014, 10:27 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,490,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Then I prefer being narrow-minded. The poop chute is for exit only and for no other purpose.
Really, that is your retort, anal sex and you use poop chute to show how immature your mind is. Come on, many heterosexuals practice anal sex, so why should that even come into the equation? I find it interesting that so many supposedly straight men automatically think that all gays practice anal sex and ignore that heterosexuals practice anal sex and that lesbians do not and of gay men that do, not all do. Why the obsession?

Old 01-08-2014, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
Provoking your religion onto others is not a "right."
Could you specify what you mean by this statement?

Old 01-08-2014, 10:28 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,669,643 times
Quote:
Is the photographer's studio also a church? Was the photographer worshiping at the time?

It's against the law to discriminate in a business transaction. Religion is irrelevant.

Old 01-08-2014, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Is the photographer's studio also a church? Was the photographer worshiping at the time?

It's against the law to discriminate in a business transaction. Religion is irrelevant.
And that's the problem. When you call it a RIGHT it FORCES everyone to comply or face legal discrimnation consequences and lawsuits.

Old 01-08-2014, 10:33 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Who said that? YOU?

If not, stop making assumptions. You have no clue as to my full perspective on this matter.

I personally do not believe in laws that limit the right to marry and on and on. In fact, there should be no laws regulating marriage at all, imho. Laws should not regulate practices that do not infringe on the rights of anyone else.
I'm not making assumptions. I'm asking questions.

And I'm confused because you seem to approve of Taratova's posts, which actually contradict what you've said above.

Old 01-08-2014, 10:35 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,931,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
It is natural and nature teaches that men are to be with a woman.

No matter how you look at it... it is so..if you want to let feelings rule you , then you will fall into any enticing idea or thought to rule you.

Ever hear of self control? Or common sense? Many do not adhere to any standard and have no concept of what is right or wrong. Anything can be acceptable today if they work on it to be acceptable.. mankind can argue to obtain that acceptance through rationalizing anything in themselves. Any thought .

If someone felt they wanted to rob something, it starts in the mind.. if they entertain that thought they are closer to acting on that thought to rob.. if they dismiss it as being foolish or not acceptable they will not. If they have that thought, they can push it out of their mind or act on it.

Some people have no concept of their own self control and are impulsive. They act on it quickly what they think at the time. One can be taught self control with a belief system of what is right or wrong. Others reject it and do what they will. Many people have a rebellious spirit and will not even adhere to the laws of the land and wind up in jail for their entire life.

One must think out what their thoughts are and if they are good or bad. Some people are handed any drug and will take it without reservation that it could kill them or hook them into a life living under a bridge. Others think it is cool to be rebellious and way beyond the norm. People are also being desensitized by shows like sister wives, or chasing after material things at any cost with shows that idolize wealth while having no moral concept at all.

And so it is, man can fall into all kinds of situations and it starts in the mind . Self control is a good trait to have and one who masters it well can be in control of their life.
Are you just picking and choosing words to string together at random?

Self control is good but so is self-awareness.

I am thankful I have both and only need to look inward for common sense and what is right and wrong.

Old 01-08-2014, 10:38 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
What about if someones religion says that women should not be shopping? Should they have the right to deny service to females? Or blacks, or Jews. or ________? What if they believe that unruly children should be stoned? Can they murder their children and claim religious exemption? What if someones religious beliefs say raising pigs in their back yard is necessary? Should zoning laws not apply to them?
Anyone that breaks any law could claim "religious belief" and not be penalized. OR is it only religious beliefs that YOU personally agree with that should get special exemptions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies