Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 06:04 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,629,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Think whatever you want and nobody cares. Say whatever you want at your own risk. Once something comes out of your mouth people get to react however they like.
It's impossible to not agree with this. If you want to boycott someone, go for it. It you want to ROFL at someone, go for it.

Political correctness is flat out killing America.

Old 01-08-2014, 06:04 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,921,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post
Your saying it does not make it so.
Sure it does. If you fail to accept that you in your very posts do the very things you accuse others of doing...that is on you.

Old 01-08-2014, 06:05 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,443,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
It's impossible to not agree with this. If you want to boycott someone, go for it. It you want to ROFL at someone, go for it.

I'd rep you but I have to spread some around.

Old 01-08-2014, 06:05 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,340,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
No being gay is abnormal in that it goes against the biological purpose of sexual drive which is procreation. For whatever reason, mother nature has told them to get out of the gene pool. However, there is a difference between saying something is abnormal and saying it is wrong. Saying something is abnormal is a simple statement of fact. Saying something is wrong is a moral judgment. My dd was born missing a nerve in her right eye (Duane Syndrome). That is abnormal. However, it isn't wrong. It just is what it is.
I'm so glad 'abnormal' people like Alexander the Great, Leonardo Da Vinci, Michaelangelo, Rachmaninoff, Alan Turing, Jane Addams, and even singers like Elton John and Freddie Mercury etc existed.

Just about any ignorant teen can 'procreate' in the back of dad's car. People like those I listed and 1000's more have contributed far more to human culture than just producing another baby who may end up just be a drain on society.

Old 01-08-2014, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Well then by your definition our only purpose on Earth is to "procreate"? What happened to the concept that we are "divine" beings in such that we are able to manipulate the world around us?

There is a lot more to sex than "procreation"! Hell amoebas can do that without a brain.
Nope. Not what I said. I said the biological purpose of sex is procreation. I did not say our only purpose for being on this earth is to procreate. A discussion of our purpose for existing is a debate for the religion and philosophy boards. I just know that the biological purpose for sex is procreation. We like to use it for fun but the bottom line is it was designed to keep the species going.

Old 01-08-2014, 06:09 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,921,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

When did being correct or at least factual become a bad thing in America?

Old 01-08-2014, 06:13 AM

1,074 posts, read 755,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Yes and no.

Abnormal = different from what is normal or average
My dictionary says "deviating," not "different." Thus, homosexuality is deviant behavior, not just different. Deviating from accepted normal behavior.
Quote:
Heterosexuality is the more common, or average. Being black in a KKK meeting, or being jewish at a babtism, are both examples in UNCOMMON. Not the average, and could be considered abnormal.
Again, a whitewash. Heterosexuality is not simply "more common." It is normal in the strictest sense. We are made that way by nature. It is not just a preferred practice.

You are deliberately obfuscating the issue. Typical of Leftist doublespeak, used to convince the masses that what they believe to be true is all in their mind; i.e., they have been conditioned to believe, but what they think they know is open to debate. There is no absolute truth, according to the pedagogues of the new intellectualism, who have been educated to imbecility.

Quote:
I think the OP was trying to point out, that the word itself, abnormal, only has a negative connotation if we ascribe one to it. Without that association, it's simply the pointing out a difference from the norm.
One of the things homosexuals fear more than anything is to be thought to be "abnormal;" hence, their militant (and absolute vitriolic) response to anyone who would suggest that they aren't.

Old 01-08-2014, 06:14 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,340,490 times
Quote:
Not really. The purpose of sexuality is procreation. We're talking going completely against the purpose of sex. If the purpose of sex is procreation and gays cannot procreate with each other, there is nothing basic about their sexuality.
Just how many times in a person's life do their sex acts end up producing a child? These days about 1, 2, maybe 3 children might be the norm?

So the difference between gay and lesbian couples having sex and straight couples having sex might really be only about 3 sessions over a whole lifetime?

And what of those straight couples who choose not to have children at all, or can't have children?

Since when do people only ever have sex if they want to produce a baby?

Why do you think contraceptives were invented (various methods have been used throughout human history)

Sex also is mostly used by couples for creating intimacy and bonding and having fun.

Unless you think that heterosexual humans are not really any different to animals who only engage in sex acts when the female is in heat and is likely to be impregnated?

Old 01-08-2014, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
When did being correct or at least factual become a bad thing in America?

When we started raising our children to think they are special and everyone should treat them with kid gloves.

It's the point I don't even talk to strangers IRL because I might say something to offend them without even realizing it. I give up. Let's all go home, lock our doors and then no one will be offended.

Just yesterday I made a run to the grocery store and the cashier wished me a "Blessed day" as I left. I thought to myself what a nice gesture and then I thought about all the people who would be offended by it.

We used to treat others as if they were more important than us now we see ourselves as more important than others.

Old 01-08-2014, 06:16 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,946,456 times
Quote:
Not really. The purpose of sexuality is procreation. We're talking going completely against the purpose of sex. If the purpose of sex is procreation and gays cannot procreate with each other, there is nothing basic about their sexuality.

Yes it is the primary function. Otherwise, where else would a child come from? Having said that, what about couples who can't have children, or don't want children? Should they not be allowed to have sex? I mean, they're not procreating, so they shouldn't be allowed, right? The sex part is part of the fun of producing a baby! At any rate, I look at it this way... IMO what 2 consenting adults do in the privacy of their own home isn't my concern, whether I like, or agree with what they're doing or not. Because, guess what? I don't have to participate! It's not up to me to pass judgement. I'll leave that to the MAN upstairs!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies