Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2014, 02:02 PM

1,261 posts, read 2,141,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Not even a scintilla of logic.

Though it will be fun to watch you post your usual wall of crap, this time trying to explain how sex that does not procreate for infertile hetero couples is perfectly fine, while it's wrong for gay couples.

Pass the popcorn!
It's kind of sad if you ask me. Why should beings with minds and consciousnesses as advanced as ours limit ourselves to such a simple and short-sighted view of existence. As humans, we have the ability to choose what to do with our existences and focus our energies on things other than mere survival or procreation. We are no longer animals in the wild struggling to live, struggling to survive. We've moved past that. At least, most of us have.

Old 01-08-2014, 02:02 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,887,454 times
People can say what ever they want but when they try to enshrine their bigotry into law then they have violated the constitution. This is why marriage equality is going to be the law of the land.

Old 01-08-2014, 02:05 PM

1,026 posts, read 1,189,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
..and now for the question that YOU won't answer. So gay people " choose ". Why? Hmmmm. Ok so gay people get to choose but you don't? Why?

If sexuality is a choice, when did you choose to be straight. Right you didn't but gay people, who according to you are really straight people choosing to be gay, get to?

Sounds very confusing ant totally illogical.
I don't understand how anyone who is not gay can ever truthfully say it's a choice.

How can they possibly know the minds and hearts of other people?

Old 01-08-2014, 02:06 PM

18,503 posts, read 15,431,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
People can say what ever they want but when they try to enshrine their bigotry into law then they have violated the constitution. This is why marriage equality is going to be the law of the land.
The other thing bigots in the US and Australia for that matter, never answer is why with all their predictions of society falling apart and people marrying goats etc, if equal marriage is the law of the land, why it hasn't had that effect on jurisdictions where it's legal.Not just other states, but whole countries' like Canada that has had equal marriage federally since 2005.
Their predictions have been provev idiotic.

Old 01-08-2014, 02:06 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,249,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindrop101 View Post
I don't understand how anyone who is not gay can ever truthfully say it's a choice.

God tells them.

Old 01-08-2014, 02:08 PM

1,261 posts, read 2,141,331 times
Quote:

For them, it has to be a choice, because in their minds if it is a choice then their bigotry and institutionalized discrimination becomes legitimized and righteous. If they had to admit that one's sexual orientation was not a choice, they would be forced to reevaluate large parts of their belief system, and that is just out of the question.

I know, it makes zero sense.

Old 01-08-2014, 02:08 PM

18,503 posts, read 15,431,993 times
Quote:

You're right they don't. However if they get to make assumptions, I will make assumptions about them. Those who come to these threads to rant against gay people are getting some sort of thrill, yes even a sexual thrill. Closet cases? Self haters?

Old 01-08-2014, 02:09 PM

11,999 posts, read 12,880,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Delta View Post
It's kind of sad if you ask me. Why should beings with minds and consciousnesses as advanced as ours limit ourselves to such a simple and short-sighted view of existence. As humans, we have the ability to choose what to do with our existences and focus our energies on things other than mere survival or procreation. We are no longer animals in the wild struggling to live, struggling to survive. We've moved past that. At least, most of us have.
Very well said.

Old 01-08-2014, 02:11 PM

33,507 posts, read 18,050,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
..and now for the question that YOU won't answer. So gay people " choose ". Why? Hmmmm. Ok so gay people get to choose but you don't? Why?

If sexuality is a choice, when did you choose to be straight. Right you didn't but gay people, who according to you are really straight people choosing to be gay, get to?

Sounds very confusing and totally illogical.
Choosing what is natural , a man with a woman, a woman with a man is so very difficult?

As I said in the thread , lust is conceived in the mind. Those that choose to have sex with the same sex,it is a choice.

Old 01-08-2014, 02:14 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,249,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Choosing what is natural , a man with a woman, a woman with a man is so very difficult?

As I said in the thread , lust is conceived in the mind. Those that choose to have sex with the same sex, it is a choice.
Lust is conceived in the mind? :roll eyes:

Your turn to provide us with your credentials in psychology and sexual studies to back up your fun, wacky posts.

Or admit that you're just making it up. Your choice. It's conceived in your mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies