Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2014, 02:28 PM

11,759 posts, read 14,650,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
You clearly don't know the meaning of "unnatural". And unnatural doesn't mean bad. Most things humans do are unnatural. We don't demonize humans for doing unnatural things. Typing on a computer is very unnatural.
Okay, maybe typing on a keyboard is natural, but on a smart phone--that's an abomination!

Old 01-08-2014, 02:29 PM

1,026 posts, read 1,192,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
That is what Nambla uses, the word love.. men loving children.. they say. so what is so wrong with a man loving a child..
That has nothing to do with a relationship between two ADULTS.

Why wouldn't we use the word love? Don't you love your spouse/significant other? Or are you one of those who believe that marriage is only based on the ability and desire to have children?

I love my husband. I didn't marry him for lust, sex, or children. I married him because I love him.

Old 01-08-2014, 02:29 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
There are a lot of people making headlines these days for making anti-gay statements. These people are heavily criticized and some must even pay with their jobs and/or positions.

What I want to know is, why is it wrong to say that homosexuality is abnormal? It is one thing to spread hate speech or discriminate against someone because they are gay or deprive them of their civil rights because they are gay, but I really don't see why it is such a big deal when someone who is high profile says that being gay is abnormal, because it obviously is abnormal.

I have absolutely no ill will towards anyone who is gay. I could easily sit down and have a friendly convo with someone I knew was gay, and I fully support their right to have the same federal benefits as straight couples who've made a legal commitment to one another..... but do I think their sexual preferences are "normal" or "natural"?.....

no, I don't, and I don't see a problem with saying so. There are a lot of people who do things that are abnormal, but that doesn't mean I hate them or would discriminate against them for it.
57 pages???? for that to happen someone must have said something around page 3 that ignited a fire storm.

Anyways, no, homosexuality is not normal,however you are wrong about it not being natural.

the definition of Natural is "existing in or caused by nature; not made or caused by humankind. ", so homosexuality is indeed natural and occurs in other species as well.

all that being said, this is the longest troll thread i have seen, this thread is a branch of the Holyfield one, and there Liberals agreed that there was nothing wrong with what he said, why even start this thread ?

Old 01-08-2014, 02:30 PM

11,759 posts, read 14,650,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Stop making assumptions. No one said you have to accept any religious person's perspective. The point is that you should respect it.
Umm, why?

Old 01-08-2014, 02:32 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,548,466 times
Well now that we know Taratova has chosen to be straight, I think this discussion is losing interest for me.

Old 01-08-2014, 02:33 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,227,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Really….well gay couples being allowed to adopt has been legal in my province since 1995 and equal marriage since 2003 and considering a generation is around 20 years…we should now BOOM all of sudden in a couple of years. So far it's been pretty quiet.
We'll just wait and see.

Old 01-08-2014, 02:34 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,548,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
We'll just wait and see.
Be prepared for a long wait. Defeated I see.

Old 01-08-2014, 02:37 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,261,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Yet gays make it their business to change society with what is abnormal and goes against nature.. wanting to legislate marriage between two males and two females.. this is promoting .. they don't keep it to themselves.. They are out in society constantly with their activist buzz words such as calling everyone that believes that the homosexual act is wrong names. such as homophobe

Next, child molesters will call the mainstream. pedophobes.. that they were born that way and it is normal to love a child. And the child consents so they have the right to have sex with children. It is not a first that this has taken place in society. Men having sex with boys was acceptable in the past in many societies.
Their business is to look out for their legal interests. Given your ugly bigotry and ridiculous religious nutbaggery, I imagine you think they shouldn't do that, either. Nevertheless, in the non-Nutbag World, marriage is accompanied by 1100+ legal protections, and any human being would naturally want to secure those same protections for themselves. In the non-Nutbag World, no human being would stand by and let his or her rights as citizens be trampled.

Given that, I'd love to hear your ideas about how they should secure their rights by staying out of society and remaining silent about such blatant discrimination and civil rights violations. I've been waiting for Mircea to entertain me with some good old-fashioned pretzel logic, but since he/she hasn't returned yet, you'll do.

As for the rest of your bigotry, you already know there's no reason for me to address it. The difference between what consenting adults do in their homes and what adults do with non-consenting children is, of course, obvious to anyone outside of Nutbag World, so I won't bother posting what has been explained to you at least a thousand times in this forum.

Old 01-08-2014, 02:37 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,909,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
Now comparing being gay to NAMBLA? We're getting all the bigot talking points today. I think I just got BINGO.
is it "Love is Love" or isn't it?

Old 01-08-2014, 02:38 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,261,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
Now comparing being gay to NAMBLA? We're getting all the bigot talking points today. I think I just got BINGO.
That's two keyboards in one day, and all from one thread. I think that's a Daily Double!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies