Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2014, 03:36 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,651,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Prostitution has been around since the beginning of human culture and is natural, however, I don't see groups rabidly promoting/defending it.
But to the point - do you think it's "abnormal"?

Old 01-08-2014, 03:37 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,548,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Taratova, you have a nasty habit of ignoring questions. What do you think of Restavecs?
Perfectly OK, what with it being sanctioned by the bible and all?
They also never answered my inquiry regarding their statement that they chose to be straight. Don't expect much from Taratova except..blah,blah,blah.

Old 01-08-2014, 03:37 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,227,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Lies.

"The researchers found that homosexual males responded no more to male children than heterosexual males responded to female children (Freund et al., 1989).

In summary, each of these studies failed to support the hypothesis that homosexual males are more likely than heterosexual men to molest children or to be sexually attracted to children or adolescents. "

Facts About Homosexuality and Child Molestation
However, despite efforts by homosexual activists to distance the gay lifestyle from pedophilia, there remains to be a connection between the two. This is because, by definition, male homosexuals are sexually attracted to other males. While many homosexuals may not seek young sexual partners, the evidence indicates that disproportionate numbers of gay men seek adolescent males or boys as sexual partners.

Family Research Council

This suggests that the resulting proportion of true pedophiles among persons with a homosexual erotic development is greater than that in persons who develop heterosexually.

The proportions of heterosexual and homos... [J Sex Marital Ther. 1992] - PubMed - NCBI

the proportion of sex offenders against male children among homosexual men is substantially larger than the proportion of sex offenders against female children among heterosexual men . . . the development of pedophilia is more closely linked with homosexuality than with heterosexuality."

Library : Child Molestation by Homosexuals and Heterosexuals - Catholic Culture

Old 01-08-2014, 03:39 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,227,294 times
This was generated on the first page.

No doubt there are liberal activists who want to distort facts, I found those sites as well, including the one you posted.

Old 01-08-2014, 03:51 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
I guess calling gays abnormal is wrong because a lot of stupid people think the word abnormal has a negative connatation. Abnormal should not ne looked at that way. You can be of abnormal high intelligence or abnormally stupid. No one would say being of abnormal high intelligence is a negative.

Old 01-08-2014, 03:52 PM

1,496 posts, read 1,855,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Why do we always use this animal world stuff?
Murder also exists in the animal world, sometimes mom's eat their babies in the animal world when they are hungry.
because humans are animals?????

Old 01-08-2014, 03:53 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,843,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
And the judge shot that argument down.

https://ecf.utd.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin...c?213cv0217-90

Now, can you show ONE state law that requires reproduction, the ability to reproduce, or anything to do with reproduction in order to get legally married?
It doesn't matter what the judge's opinion was. The POINT is that this is the argument and why it hasn't been fully decided, across the board, for the country.

Quote:
however persuasive the ability to procreate might be in the context of a particular religious perspective,
The argument will have to be won against the religious perspective and then ruled on. I'm not saying that won't happen as it already has in 17 states, thus far. I'm just saying, even in Utah, that is the perspective that has been upheld. The law doesn't specify, it has been implied without spelling it out. That is being challenged, as it's still the argument for many.

Old 01-08-2014, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
However, despite efforts by homosexual activists to distance the gay lifestyle from pedophilia, there remains to be a connection between the two. This is because, by definition, male homosexuals are sexually attracted to other males. While many homosexuals may not seek young sexual partners, the evidence indicates that disproportionate numbers of gay men seek adolescent males or boys as sexual partners.

Family Research Council

This suggests that the resulting proportion of true pedophiles among persons with a homosexual erotic development is greater than that in persons who develop heterosexually.

The proportions of heterosexual and homos... [J Sex Marital Ther. 1992] - PubMed - NCBI

the proportion of sex offenders against male children among homosexual men is substantially larger than the proportion of sex offenders against female children among heterosexual men . . . the development of pedophilia is more closely linked with homosexuality than with heterosexuality."

Library : Child Molestation by Homosexuals and Heterosexuals - Catholic Culture
I trust an independent medical study like I posted over Catholic Culture, Family Research Council, both who HAVE obvious agenda's. The NCBI has only posted that so called study. They also post so called studies by the Family Research Institute, another anti-gay group.
I'm unfamiliar with the NCBI, but it seems that if they post unscientific clap trap from these groups, I don't have any faith in them.

Old 01-08-2014, 04:03 PM

"THE FACTS
According to the American Psychological Association, "homosexual men are not more likely to sexually abuse children than heterosexual men are." Gregory Herek, a professor at the University of California, Davis, who is one of the nation's leading researchers on prejudice against sexual minorities, reviewed a series of studies and found no evidence that gay men molest children at higher rates than heterosexual men."

10 Anti-Gay Myths Debunked | Southern Poverty Law Center

They mention the so called Family Research Institute by the way. Only idiots can't separate propaganda with facts.

Old 01-08-2014, 04:03 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
I trust an independent medical study like I posted over Catholic Culture, Family Research Council, both who HAVE obvious agenda's. The NCBI has only posted that so called study. They also post so called studies by the Family Research Institute, another anti-gay group.
I'm unfamiliar with the NCBI, but it seems that if they post unscientific clap trap from these groups, I don't have any faith in them.
Lol! Exactly! I trust Catholic Culture and Family Research Council about as far as I could throw them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies