Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 02:36 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Well why don't you walk the talk and write that extra check. Oh that's right you want everyone else to pay for it.
Please, thats right, you want everyone but YOU to pay for it.

BTW I DID write an extra check for $100 to a food bank recently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2014, 02:46 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Please, thats right, you want everyone but YOU to pay for it.

BTW I DID write an extra check for $100 to a food bank recently.
lol, wahoo

Old 01-10-2014, 03:07 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
lol, wahoo
Hey you're the one who said I should pay more for things like this, now that I point out that I have helped...you criticize it.

Just no making you happy is there?

This massive program thats what? Less then 5% of our federal budget? This is the thing thaat to you is an outrage?

Old 01-10-2014, 04:29 AM

26,464 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
US Rep Sheila Jackson Lee wants welfare to be called something else such as "a transitional living fund".

Sheila Jackson Lee proposes new term for 'welfare' - Houston Chronicle

What do you think it should be called?

I'm going with "mailbox money" as suggested by one of the article's commentators.
Some suggestions:

-Lazy by Choice Money

-Work ethic deficiency Money

-Democrat Voter Money

Old 01-10-2014, 04:53 AM

1,074 posts, read 757,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaconowner View Post
We know that. We just wanted to hear you admit it.

Thanks!
I admitted nothing. That was sarcasm. I guess it went over your head. I should have realized that most liberals read at only about a fifth grade level (if that).

Old 01-10-2014, 05:05 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,908,149 times
How about "slacker good for nothing bucks"

Old 01-10-2014, 06:43 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,396 times
Quote:
US Rep Sheila Jackson Lee wants welfare to be called something else such as "a transitional living fund".

I'm going with "mailbox money" as suggested by one of the article's commentators.
Charity is a good word.

Old 01-10-2014, 07:03 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Charity is a good word.
charity carries the connotation of voluntary giving:
charity: definition of charity in Oxford dictionary - American English (US)

Nothing voluntary about taking tax dollars from x to give to y.

Old 01-10-2014, 07:23 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,779,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I have a 6 figure salary too And im a long ways from stopping working. and being down to only 2 kids in the house, and only one in college now, im actually doing better for a change. Your husband probably has me beat though. Again, I very carefully said "odds are" But if you two are making a 300K+ on his salary, you dont have any worries. LOL. But you sure are all "I got mine" now arent ya?
You have the advantage of have your children as deductions. We don't have any.

Yeah, I am all about "I got mine" because I earned what is mine. Better that than doing squat and say "I got yours" or "I want what you have". If giving to those 12 million welfare lifers who are totally dependent on welfare and want what you have and choose to not work and are too damn lazy to work for themselves and you don't mind working to give it to them and it helps you to sleep better at night, knock yourself out. You are nothing more than a fool and a sucker in their eyes, especially since you seem to take pleasure in thinking that you are helping the less fortunate.

There are times when people can choose to work or go on welfare. I was a single mother with a 4 year old child and could have gone on welfare and have baby after baby, but I chose to work. I guess my pride, dignity and self-respect drove me to CHOOSE to work as well as how I wanted to be a positive example to my daughter.

Old 01-10-2014, 07:29 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:

They labelled it welfare to get it past the US Constitution. the Welfare clause.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies