Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2014, 06:54 PM

319 posts, read 604,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamencoFreak View Post
Oh, sure. So, you understand everything perfectly. There is noting you cannot understand. Nothing is complicated. You are SUPERMAN! You are bigger than God himself! Right?

So, explain to me how a transistor works. If you can. Tell me why it is a current operated device, rather than voltage operated, like a vacuum tube. Explain this. Bet you can't.

I once worked in a lab making transistors and IC's. I know what's involve, and I know how they work. And I appreciate the complexity of the physics that man has harnessed to make such devices.
You want me to explain what is on a howstuffworks page? Uhh, go to the howstuffworks page?

The one on transistors? The one that includes why they were better than vacuum tubes?

Apparently you must not know how to find information on the interwebs very easily.

Consequently perhaps that is why you haven't figured out why creationism hasn't a single pronged resistor to stand on.

Old 01-10-2014, 06:55 PM

577 posts, read 512,448 times
Should be an interesting debate, but will probably just be more of the same old arguments. I do know enough that evolution is a fact and it is still occurring, but it does not account for how life began in the universe. That being said, I have yet to see any proof from any religion that their "god or gods" exist anywhere outside of the minds of those that buy into it.

Old 01-10-2014, 06:56 PM

3,026 posts, read 3,646,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Funny. You don't debate religion because you don't know much about it but many creationists have nooo problem debating science even if they know little of it.
I agree with you that stereotyping is fun, but would say that people of all walks of life have no problem debating issues for which they know little about. I think I know lots about conspiracy theories and climate change, but then again, put me next to a true expert, and I become the ignorant one. On another note, we humans tend to misread those who disagree with us as knowledgeable.

I look forward to an intelligent debate. Bill Nye is smart guy, and hopefully the other guy is as well.

Old 01-10-2014, 06:57 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryTimrod View Post
i'm now prepared to accept your apology..you worship a man in Darwin who did not even know anything about DNA or the components of a human cell. lol yet you surmise he figured out the origin of life?
What do you think I should be apologizing to you for?

I don't 'worship' Darwin and I don't 'surmise he figured out the origin of life'. Is there a reason you need to deliberately misrepresent my posts?

Old 01-10-2014, 06:59 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isotope-C14 View Post
You want me to explain what is on a howstuffworks page? Uhh, go to the howstuffworks page?

The one on transistors? The one that includes why they were better than vacuum tubes?

Apparently you must not know how to find information on the interwebs very easily.

Consequently perhaps that is why you haven't figured out why creationism hasn't a single pronged resistor to stand on.
Harrier and FlamencoFreak didn't learn about transistors from howstuffworks.

Shoot, Harrier was in an accelerated class and we must have spent a couple of weeks studying semiconductor theory, and then the entire next month analyzing amplifier circuits.

Then Harrier spent the next semester focusing on integrated circuits and practical semiconductor applications.

It wasn't a charm school.

Old 01-10-2014, 07:04 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Why do you use the bolded word?

Harrier has never claimed that the earth is 10,000 years old.

Do not put words into Harrier's mouth.
Yes, that's correct. You claimed it was 18,000 not 10,000:

Your exact words: "Harrier believes that the earth is 18,000 years old."

//www.city-data.com/forum/32741323-post220.html

Old 01-10-2014, 07:05 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
Yes, that's correct. You claimed it was 18,000 not 10,000:

Your exact words: "Harrier believes that the earth is 18,000 years old."

//www.city-data.com/forum/32741323-post220.html
Thank you.

Old 01-10-2014, 07:08 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,417,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Funny. You don't debate religion because you don't know much about it but many creationists have nooo problem debating science even if they know little of it.
Religious zealots have never been lacking in hubris.

Old 01-10-2014, 07:12 PM

319 posts, read 604,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Harrier and FlamencoFreak didn't learn about transistors from howstuffworks.

Shoot, Harrier was in an accelerated class and we must have spent a couple of weeks studying semiconductor theory, and then the entire next month analyzing amplifier circuits.

Then Harrier spent the next semester focusing on integrated circuits and practical semiconductor applications.

It wasn't a charm school.
Certainly wasn't a school that taught you how to interpret fossils and look at biological evidence for evolution. Fetuses sure are tricky, looking like all those fish and chickens and stuff on the way before they pop out a human mommy.

Old 01-10-2014, 07:19 PM

577 posts, read 512,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isotope-C14 View Post
Certainly wasn't a school that taught you how to interpret fossils and look at biological evidence for evolution. Fetuses sure are tricky, looking like all those fish and chickens and stuff on the way before they pop out a human mommy.
sounds like you were paying attention in class! I found it interesting that a fetus develops gills and a tail during certain stages....very fascinating stuff!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies