Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2014, 03:13 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,116,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
And another example of confirmation bias, automatically assuming evolution, by claiming that those who are uncomfortable with GMO, are admitting that evolution is superior. Good lord

Furthermore, your definition of ToE is woefully simplistic and inaccurate, as there is much more to it than mere survival of the fittest. This is one of the most dubious aspects of ToE for one simple reason .... genetic mutation is by nature "subtractive", and you will never see a change from less complex to greater complexity by means of subtracting, anymore than you can hope to see your bank account balance increase by writing more checks.

Secondly, the GREAT BIG PROBLEM with ToE is it's reliance on genetic control, meaning that genetic code determins what a thing becomes. This was, and still is a dominant misperception (deliberate lie), proven false more than 40 years ago. Genes are not "hard coded" ... DNA is programmable from outside. Consequently, there is no need for eons of random mutation and natural selection to occur to explain change within species, and such can most definitely not explain speciation. But outside factors can rewrite the genetic code, and do so instantly.

And finally, because DNA is programmable, the likelihood that outside influences are the mechanism of action explaining the changes attributed to Darwinist evolutionary processes is infinitely more plausible than this rather absurd concept that billions of years of trillions of mutations which are predominately negative, are naturally weeded out, while that extremely rare and beneficial accident is kept via natural selection.

If you really could get past this confirmation bias psychological block, what you would immediately understand is that ToE cites natural adaptation and variation within species ... which is easily shown to be true, as evidence of the legitimacy of the entire theory, when such evidence does no such thing.

You might just as well claim that my house was built by evolutionary process because you can prove the material it's constructed from once was a tree. And this would actually be far more plausible, given the relative ease at which a house can be built by a group of men with hand tools, yet the most accomplished scientists and geneticists with every modern technology at their disposal cannot create living matter out of inert material.

So, again, if you were not so fixated on the assumption that ToE is fact, you'd see that it was no less magical thinking than those who believe the universe was created in 6 days, by a magic wand.
Do me a favor. Copy and paste this and send it to as many academic biological publications and PLEASE post all the replies you get.

I mean seriously....... go get published if you REALLY think you have disproven evolution...

Old 01-27-2014, 03:18 PM

15,085 posts, read 8,629,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacierx View Post
I never claimed that the ToE was a fact. Evolution, sure; ToE, no. It is a conclusion based upon a lot of facts, and I can see how the connection can be made. It could be a confirmation bias, but it could also be deductive reasoning based upon certain facts... depending on the person. It is my view that a lot of people reach the right conclusions by the wrong methods. I don't know if ToE is indeed the right answer to how all life came into being. I wouldn't put money on it myself.

I'm not an environmentalist who goes around thumbing the Gore Bible (though I was raised by environmentalists), so I don't exactly know why people have a problem with GMOs other than environmentalists oppose anything that isn't natural.
Without steering way off topic, informed people have a problem with GMO likely because of the body sized tumors that develop in lab rats fed that crap ...

At least, that's what concerns me. That along with no long term safety studies (or even legitimate short term safety studies), and a ptetty damning history of Monsanto malfeasant behavior, and the wholesale corruption of the FDA/CDC which ought to find most of them behind bars .... let's see ... do I have any other concerns .... well, that will suffice for now.

Old 01-27-2014, 03:20 PM

89,000 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Humans used the laws of nature to create GMOs.
Read that again, especially the bolded words. That's the essence of Intelligent Design.

Old 01-27-2014, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Read that again, especially the bolded words. That's the essence of Intelligent Design.
No that's the definition you made up.

Old 01-27-2014, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Furthermore, I asked if a clock was evidence of intelligent design.

Old 01-27-2014, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Do me a favor. Copy and paste this and send it to as many academic biological publications and PLEASE post all the replies you get.

I mean seriously....... go get published if you REALLY think you have disproven evolution...
Another example of confirmation bias .... only you assume that these rags posing as science journals would have ANYTHING to say other than what they spew endlessly to the gullible herd of Darwin fans. And evolution is not proven. It just claims to be, quite fraudulently.

Have any addition bright ideas, like maybe writing my congressman about .... the criminal conduct in congress?

Un-freaking-believable you people.

Now address one of my points made ... SPECIFICALLY ... rather than contributing to the threat of global warming by spewing so much hot air.

Old 01-27-2014, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Furthermore, I asked if a clock was evidence of intelligent design.
A clock is evidence of a clock maker. Just as a watch is evidence of a watch maker. And I think it safe to say, while a fine Swiss Watch may exhibit more of it than a Timex, both possess the fundamental characteristics of intelligent design ... if one defines such a thing a constructed with intention to do what they do, which in this case is keep track of time.

Old 01-27-2014, 03:50 PM

3,026 posts, read 3,645,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Without steering way off topic, informed people have a problem with GMO likely because of the body sized tumors that develop in lab rats fed that crap ...
That's urban legend invented by the same people who tell us we are all going to die if we don't believe in global warming. Here is everyone's favourite scientist and environmental alarmist getting hammered over GMOs...
Environmentalist Dr. David Suzuki interview on Q&A Australian Television on the ABC 22-9-2013 - YouTube

Old 01-27-2014, 03:59 PM

89,000 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
No that's the definition you made up.
No.

The actual definition:

ID: "certain features of the universe and of living things are best explained by an intelligent cause, not an undirected process such as natural selection.

Old 01-27-2014, 04:01 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,589,364 times
Ultimately the answer of creation or an ultimate beginning must have an
origin, and perhaps a denouement, apart from the presently observable
conditions of space and time.
Notice I did not say "space/time continuum", because that's just another
unproven hypothesis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies