Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2014, 03:26 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,138,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
One last time .... does evolution explain the origin of life? Yes or No?

Of course, we both know that answer is NO, it does not explain the origin of life. And, consequently, it therefore cannot "disprove" creation as the explanation, nor any other theory or speculation.
Actually, you are completely wrong here. Evolution does not have to explain the origin of life to disprove creationism. If you apply logic and boolean algebra to the underlying principles if creationism, you'll realize that you only have to negate one of them, not all of them, to disprove creationism.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post

The fraud demonstrated in attacking religion with evolution arguments is so obvious, and also shows this to be your rather transparent motive.

Now I wash my hands of you. I've proven my point, and you have exposed yourself totally.
Evolution is admittedly built on top of knowledge from religion. Arguing that it is an attack on religion is quite ignorant.

Since you're completely wrong here, you haven't proven anything.

Old 01-12-2014, 03:26 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
Would you explain how Creationism is a scientific theory?
Would you explain how evolution is a scientific theory?

That is pretty much what Harrier has been asking you to do over the last 2 days.

Maybe you just don't like the fact that he has also asked you to explain why you believe that evolution is a scientific theory.

Is that your hang up?

If so, then why?

Old 01-12-2014, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Would you explain how Creationism is a scientific theory?
I never claimed it to be a scientific theory. I said it is a theory. Maybe you can explain why you think it's a scientific theory since you brought it up?

Old 01-12-2014, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

That is all that Harrier has been asking you to do over the last 2 days.
It's based on concrete scientific evidence that has not been disproven. It has not been proven either.

Old 01-12-2014, 03:32 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
It's based on concrete scientific evidence that has not been disproven. It has not been proven either.
If evidence is "concrete", then how can it be unproven, as you so readily admit?

Old 01-12-2014, 03:34 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
Quote:
Where are the observable facts in the theory of evolution?

Harrier has asked Ceist several times and she won't answer Harrier.

Harrier presumes that the member in question is female because Ceist called someone "dear".
Already answered way back in the thread. Want to pretend it doesn't exist? Don't want to look? That's your problem.

>>>>>>>

Quote:
Did you have your eyes squeezed tightly shut as you skipped over this information 4 posts above yours?

Like Harrier, you just ignore what you don't want to see.

Go to any academic website like:

Evolution 101: Table of Contents

or

Richard Lenski | Home

or

Genetics | The Smithsonian Institution's Human Origins Program

or

http://www.astro.umd.edu/~miller/tea...9/slides08.pdf

or

What is the evidence for evolution?

or

http://www.nature.com/nature/newspdf/evolutiongems.pdf

or

Genetics | The Smithsonian Institution's Human Origins Program

or

Evolution

There are also a gazillion articles in science Journals but most people don't have access to them, so I won't link to any.

Young Earth Creationists' understanding of evolution is so poor he probably thinks 'evidence' would be something like a "hippoturtle".
Quote:
If you think one species directly evolves into another entirely new species, then you have a basic misunderstanding of what evolution is. Which seems to be why Creationists expect to see a duck giving birth to a crocodile or something equally silly.

Here's a video that explains the basics of evolution so even a child could understand it.

How Evolution works

Once you have that under your belt, then you can try moving on to common descent and speciation.

Understanding Modern Evolution Facts - Part 1 of 6
Quote:

Old 01-12-2014, 03:34 AM

Quote:
If evidence is "concrete", then how can it be unproven, as you so readily admit?
I'm not going to sit here and teach you what you should have learned in school.

Old 01-12-2014, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Perhaps you can explain why you think that evolution is a scientific theory, which is the question that you have been avoiding for the past two days.

While you are at it, you might try defining evolution as you understand it.
You're full of BS here. I haven't been avoiding anything for two days. What exactly are you trying to pull here?

Old 01-12-2014, 03:38 AM

Quote:
What scientific evidence?
I'm starting to think some humans have the memory span of a goldfish.

//www.city-data.com/forum/32982123-post400.html

Old 01-12-2014, 03:42 AM

Quote:

That is pretty much what Harrier has been asking you to do over the last 2 days.

Maybe you just don't like the fact that he has also asked you to explain why you believe that evolution is a scientific theory.

Is that your hang up?

If so, then why?
I think it might be the 6th or 7th time now that I have reposted this? I don't know how you could possibly keep missing it.

Just to clarify: A Scientific Theory is a "well-substantiated, well-supported, well-documented explanation for our observations. It ties together all the facts about something, providing an explanation that fits all the observations and can be used to make predictions."

The scientific Theory of Evolution is the best explanation for all the observable evidence from the fossil records, from comparative anatomy, and from DNA analysis. The Theory is also consistent with other fields of science. The Theory fits all the observations of genetic changes in populations and diversity of life on earth. It ties together all the facts, and it's predictions remain true.

As a scientific theory, the Theory of Evolution could be falsified by evidence that contradicts the Theory. So far, in more than 150 years, that has not happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies