Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is the cartoon racist?
Yes 7 8.64%
No 67 82.72%
It's borderline 7 8.64%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 06:20 AM

2,416 posts, read 2,985,263 times

Advertisements

Take away the words and I wouldn't know who it was supposed to be. Doesn't look anything like him. I don't think it's particularly racist, just not well done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2014, 06:22 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,924,934 times
I agree with his quote:

"My criticism is motivated from the policy. I consider him a right winger. In my analysis, most of the people on the right who criticize him are motivated by racism, because I don’t see what they would dislike about his policies. He’s a political conservative.”

Although, I would say Obama is a neo-Conservative Puppet-the exact same as Bush-not a true fiscal conservative, so there are many reasons for real conservatives to dislike Obama as well besides some racists not liking him because he is half-black.

Old 01-10-2014, 06:44 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
I agree with his quote:

"My criticism is motivated from the policy. I consider him a right winger. In my analysis, most of the people on the right who criticize him are motivated by racism, because I don’t see what they would dislike about his policies. He’s a political conservative.”

Although, I would say Obama is a neo-Conservative Puppet-the exact same as Bush-not a true fiscal conservative, so there are many reasons for real conservatives to dislike Obama as well besides some racists not liking him because he is half-black.
I don't know which is more absurd, calling Obama a Conservative or parroting the lefts narrative of labeling all criticism of him as racially motivated.

Again, accusations of racism make a great political weapon for the left because they can define racism as anything they want it to be in a given situation.

It's their go to Swiss Army knife of deflection.

Old 01-10-2014, 06:55 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post

Again, accusations of racism make a great political weapon for the left because they can define racism as anything they want it to be in a given situation.

It's their go to Swiss Army knife of deflection.
quoted for truth [i may have to steal that last line].

'Call Them Racists'

Old 01-10-2014, 07:25 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,518,799 times
The cartoon is flattering to the idiot-in-chief.

Old 01-10-2014, 08:32 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
The cartoon is flattering to the idiot-in-chief.

What are you talking about? GWBush left office years ago.

Old 01-10-2014, 08:36 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Not racist.

Liberals need to get over it.

Old 01-10-2014, 08:57 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times
It's not in the least racist. Thanks OP for the link to the actual cartoon, of which I had heard but not seen. It looks like maybe he was trying to channel the cartoonist who does Homer Simpson.

I cannot summon too much sympathy for Ted Rall unless he can show a track record of objecting when the 'call them racist' tactic was used by his fellow lefties against conservatives.

Old 01-10-2014, 09:02 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,260,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
It's not in the least racist. Thanks OP for the link to the actual cartoon, of which I had heard but not seen. It looks like maybe he was trying to channel the cartoonist who does Homer Simpson.

I cannot summon too much sympathy for Ted Rall unless he can show a track record of objecting when the 'call them racist' tactic was used by his fellow lefties against conservatives.
Ah, Homer Simpson. I might buy that theory.

I voted "borderline" because it looked as if he was trying to make the President look like an ape, and in our racist past it was politically correct to consider blacks as not as far evolved from our biological ancestors as whites were. It was not uncommon at all to refer to them as "apes" or "animals," and to depict them as such.

But if it's Homer Simpson he was going for (though why anyone would want to is beyond me), I can see that, too.

Old 01-10-2014, 09:03 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times
Is there a way to read the comments from Kos readers without logging in? I wanted to get a feel from how lefties respond when one of their own is falsely accused of racism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies