Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 01:28 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Some of us never bought the lies or ever believed that the mission would be a success anyway. I damn sure knew it. Why didn't you?

You're just mad because you had not only hoped we would change/fix Iraq, but that it would fundamentally change the middle east.

You're also smarting because no WMD were ever found, and no connection to Al Qaeda could ever be established. You're angry that you got duped and fell for the whole shebang.

Obama screwed up Iraq? No buddy...it was ALWAYS screwed up.

Demolish Iraq for what? What did Iraq do to us to deserve destroying?
I agree.
On the other hand though, Obama wanted to stay in Iraq past the Bush agreement to leave.
Thankfully Iraq said no dice and kicked us out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2014, 03:15 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I agree.
On the other hand though, Obama wanted to stay in Iraq past the Bush agreement to leave.
It's my favorite failure of the Obama administration. Lol

Now I wish that Japan, Germany (and the rest of the EU), and South Korea would ask us to leave.

Old 01-10-2014, 04:13 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,781,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I agree.
Obama wanted to leave 3000 military in Iraq. Iraq told Obama that military would be tried in an Iraq court, under Iraq law, for any crimes they commit. Obama was probably advised that it would be a bad political move if he agreed.

And once again, Obama wants to leave troops behind after the withdrawal from Afghanistan. And this is the same agreement that Karzai wants to make and have the US sign off on if Obama wants to leave troops indefinitely in Afghanistan. Karzai met with about 150 tribe leaders who told Karzai not to make that demand and sign off on the agreement that the US prepared. Karzai had a deadline (which has since passed) to sign off on the US agreement that excluded that condition (with the tribe leaders agreeing to the US terms) and was agreed to with the tribe leaders but Karzai refused. Karzai said he will wait until the elections in April (he's supposed to step down).

I wonder if Afghanistan will go the same route as Egypt in that an Islamic extremist/terrorist leader gets voted in under a "democratic" process, where will Obama stand. He defended and supported Morsi, which in no time was transforming Egypt throwing out the Constitution and writing his own, putting fear in people, taking away freedoms, and sending the country back to another century as well as persecuting Christians.

I hope that Obama thinks that Iraqi wouldn't be in this turmoil had we left troops behind. Those troops would all be dead by now and the country would still be where it is today and thinking that leaving troops in Afghanistan will make a difference, he's delusional.

Old 01-10-2014, 06:27 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
I don't blame Presidente Hussein.........the USAtard went in both Trashcanistan and Eye-wreck with a very unrealistic idea of what they were going to be able to accomplish.......WE'LL MAKE THESE 9TH WORLD PEOPLE JUST LIKE GREAT MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRCANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We should have invaded Trashcanistan and Eye-wreck using a very, very narrowly defined mission and a short time period to carry-out said mission.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies