Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2014, 12:33 AM

24,510 posts, read 33,309,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
Thank you. btw, before you call someone an idiot you may want to check a mirror first. You haven't a clue as to why I asked the question, you assumed something you know nothing about. I see that allot in people.
"Allot?" I've not heard of such a word. I have heard of the words (it's two words) "a lot."

Old 02-12-2014, 04:34 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,707,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
What about believing what you see? Many people saw the airplanes hit those buildings. Did the government "tell them" what to see?
Im pretty sure that whether or not planes hit buildings isnt in question, that's not the question people are asking.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:52 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,593,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
"Allot?" I've not heard of such a word. I have heard of the words (it's two words) "a lot."
It use to be one word and I just dated my age. Thanks for the updated spelling lesson. wow. Must be nice to be perfect in all you do.

Old 02-12-2014, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
Thanks for the science lesson, but I never said the "kinetic energy of the 767 took down the towers" as you incorrectly quoted multiple times in your reply.

What I did explain was that the impact of the planes slamming into the WTC severely compromised the superstructure that was supporting the towers. When the fuel tanks ruptured and spilled burning jet fuel into the building, the fire was fed by the winds now freely flowing through the plane-sized hole in the side of the building. In other words, the resulting fire was not only multiplied in the same way as a common house fire, but had the added effect of a bellows feeding it. At that point, it doesn't take a genius to come to the conclusion that it is only a matter of time before the superstructure already compromised by the plane's impact was weakened enough by the heat of the fire until it could no longer support the weight of the floors above the impact.

I honestly don't even understand what logic you are using to see this as a point of debate. It certainly makes much more sense than the theories of elaborate conspiracies involving hundreds of people, mythical compounds that do not exist in this reality, commercial airliners hidden inside the towers prior to the attacks and other such foolishness I have seen posted in this thread so far.

Occam's Razor
The planes landed on the top floors of the towers and the jet fuel flowed down (estimate) 110 floors to the basement along with fire and heat and damaged the steel beamed structure of those buildings from the bottom up. Thus causing the free fall into their foot prints. The first tower to collapsed did so in an hour. That's some hot fire to that kind of damage in that short of time.

You're right, no point in debating that logic.

Old 02-12-2014, 10:27 AM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
The planes landed on the top floors of the towers and the jet fuel flowed down (estimate) 110 floors to the basement along with fire and heat and damaged the steel beamed structure of those buildings from the bottom up. Thus causing the free fall into their foot prints. The first tower to collapsed did so in an hour. That's some hot fire to that kind of damage in that short of time.

No point at all, as no one argues it happened that way - except possibly you.

Old 02-12-2014, 10:30 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,868,942 times
Quote:

The planes' jet engines continued operating and created a blast furnace.

George Bush used to fly airplanes and knows about these things.

This information has been kept classified.

Old 02-12-2014, 10:38 AM

804 posts, read 618,673 times
Quote:

The planes didn't land, they crashed into the towers.
The jest fuel didn't fall 110 floors and damage the structure of the buildings from bottom up.
The building didn't fall within their footprints.

Nice try, though

Old 02-12-2014, 10:46 AM

924 posts, read 667,169 times
Here's a few reasons why I doubt the official story:

-The Incompetence Theory, in relation to the chain of command that morning is unbelievable to me.
-The jet fuel fires weakening steel to the point of two steel skyscrapers being reduced to ash is unbelievable to me.
-The hijackers who couldn't even fly a Cessna making maneuvers expert pilots couldn't at speeds that would tear the wings off a plane is unbelievable to me.
-Building 7 dropping like a fly because debris hit a corner is unbelievable to me.
-The theory that the fuselage of the plane that hit the Pentagon was strong enough to barrel through 3 rings of the strongest building on earth, yet the planes wing didn't even hit the building and the Rolls Royce engines made from steel and titanium simply disintegrated is unbelievable to me.
-Dust samples taken from ground zero exhibiting a chemical compound identical to that of thermite being a coincidence is unbelievable to me.
-The passport of a hijacker being found a block from a building which was just vaporized because of the fuel from the plane he was on is unbelievable to me.
-The assertion that passengers and staff aboard Flight 93 made cell phones calls to their loved ones while at an altitude literally impossible to make cell phone calls from is unbelievable to me.
-The sequestration of countless materials which could put this very debate to rest being billed as a national security risk is unbelievable to me.
-The 3,000 degree centigrade fire that burned at ground zero for over 3 months, which melted steel and concrete, being the cause of gasoline is unbelievable to me.
-Flight 93 nosediving and literally burying itself in the ground (the black box, which is kept in the tail, was recovered at a depth of 25 ft underground) is unbelievable to me.
-The total absence of debris in Shanksville and the lack of any sizable crater due to the plane's submergence in the "soft ground" is unbelievable to me.
-The claims of hundreds of police, firefighters, journalists, and regular citizens who heard explosions all simply being wrong is unbelievable to me.
-The squibs seen blasting out the towers as they are collapsing being air pockets (even dozens of stories below the collapse) is unbelievable to me.
-The reports of building 7 coming down (so widespread around ground zero that the story made its way to BBC before it even happened) being all mistaken or lying is unbelievable to me.

Old 02-12-2014, 10:52 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,868,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecstatic Magnet View Post
Here's a few reasons why I doubt the official story:

-The Incompetence Theory, in relation to the chain of command that morning is unbelievable to me.
-The jet fuel fires weakening steel to the point of two steel skyscrapers being reduced to ash is unbelievable to me.
-The hijackers who couldn't even fly a Cessna making maneuvers expert pilots couldn't at speeds that would tear the wings off a plane is unbelievable to me.
-Building 7 dropping like a fly because debris hit a corner is unbelievable to me.
-The theory that the fuselage of the plane that hit the Pentagon was strong enough to barrel through 3 rings of the strongest building on earth, yet the planes wing didn't even hit the building and the Rolls Royce engines made from steel and titanium simply disintegrated is unbelievable to me.
-Dust samples taken from ground zero exhibiting a chemical compound identical to that of thermite being a coincidence is unbelievable to me.
-The passport of a hijacker being found a block from a building which was just vaporized because of the fuel from the plane he was on is unbelievable to me.
-The assertion that passengers and staff aboard Flight 93 made cell phones calls to their loved ones while at an altitude literally impossible to make cell phone calls from is unbelievable to me.
-The sequestration of countless materials which could put this very debate to rest being billed as a national security risk is unbelievable to me.
-The 3,000 degree centigrade fire that burned at ground zero for over 3 months, which melted steel and concrete, being the cause of gasoline is unbelievable to me.
-Flight 93 nosediving and literally burying itself in the ground (the black box, which is kept in the tail, was recovered at a depth of 25 ft underground) is unbelievable to me.
-The total absence of debris in Shanksville and the lack of any sizable crater due to the plane's submergence in the "soft ground" is unbelievable to me.
-The claims of hundreds of police, firefighters, journalists, and regular citizens who heard explosions all simply being wrong is unbelievable to me.
-The squibs seen blasting out the towers as they are collapsing being air pockets (even dozens of stories below the collapse) is unbelievable to me.
-The reports of building 7 coming down (so widespread around ground zero that the story made its way to BBC before it even happened) being all mistaken or lying is unbelievable to me.
Well!

Aren't YOU a Doubting Thomas!

Old 02-12-2014, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
No point at all, as no one argues it happened that way - except possibly you.
Hey, when it defies all logic, punt. Who am I to argue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies