Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 06:47 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I am truly appalled at how you whites can lie to each other and claim it is the truth. This whole thread is a justification for the brutal treatment of the former occupants of this continent by foreign invaders and the extermination of a race.
Just reading this thread shows me that we have not advanced one step towards true brotherhood and relations between the white man and the redman. 300 years ago you lied to us with a smile on your face. Now you still lie to us and the smile is gone. You rewrite history and make the fault all ours.

You know who you are and you honestly and sincerely disgust me with your two faced justifications. For many Native Americans, Seething just below the surface is a burning hatred for all you and your kind for your distortions and downright falsehoods. Time and time again, you demonstrate that the white race was born with forked tongues. 200 years ago I would have spread you over a small fire and made you eat your own.................well......never mind.

Harrier is right. We never fought over land. Ownership of land was a concept alien to the red man. When we fought (before the white man) very few died in our wars until the white man came and showed us how to slaughter our neighbors for the benefit of the white man.
Harrier is wrong about the term "Redskin". Calling me a Redskin is the same as calling a black person a Ni%%er.
Shove it Harrier and shove it deep.
We deserve the same respect as "White Man" or "Black Man". As a race we are "The "Red man"
I want to state once again my deep disgust and disappointment with the posters of C-D who have vilified and marginalized the red man in this thread.

I will cut and paste this thread and forward it to distribute to the rest of my tribe at the next Mohawk Pow Wow just so none forget how the whites really feel about us and how they marginalize the deeds of their ancestors.
If you just acknowledged your nasty, inhumane deeds perpetrated in the name of manifest destiny, then we could forgive you and move on but you willingly demonstrate that you have no remorse nor reflection and in fact are in the process of replacing history with another white man's lie.

As I said, you disgust me. I need a break from here. You people are truly evil.
At the very least you should all be very ashamed of yourselves.
Uh, does it matter in 2014? Word was some "white" groups did come to what is now the US or Canada and the Indians ran them off. It was just a matter of time before the new "tribes" came here and took over. !'m 100 percent sure had things gone the other way; the Mohawks and so on would've gone to Europe and done the SAME kinds of nasty things if the Indians developed big boats, guns and so on with the Irish and so on STILL living in huts and worshipping their pagan gods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2014, 06:47 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
I'm absolutely for giving the land to the Indian Nation. Now being a "nation" they should get all rights and responsibilities accorded to seperate nations.
No more "American" aid. If they want money from D.C. they should apply for foreign aid like every other nation.

Passports to cross into the U.S. and visa versa into the Indian nation, proper inspection,regulation of border crossings etc. should be put in place.
All infrastructure currently in place should either be compensated for (to the U.S. government) or ripped out since it's "their nation" now. All tax breaks stopped, all funding stopped, use of the dollar and other fiscal items removed (except maybe the Indian Head penny or Buffalo nickel, they can have them ) and they'd certainly have to create their own currency and monetary policy.

Travel to and from to be regulated just like all international border crossings, same with imports/exports,tariffs and other restrictions.

How's that for a solution???

Old 01-12-2014, 08:15 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,552,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyIU29 View Post
You know this probably goes without saying, but it's not like we kicked these native Americans off their lands with no compensation or something
Y

So, you are giving YOUR home back to Native Americans?

Old 01-12-2014, 08:19 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,828,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
They have the blessing of the DOJ and the DOI and a 1905 law that they say was enacted illegally.
Now someone needs to prove them wrong.
What type of paperwork do you think passed hands in 1905 ?
What type of record retention do you think was in play in 1905 ?

Fat chance of proving the EPA, DOJ and DOI wrong here.

After reading this it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they started giving land back to Mexico.
And England And France The EPA has become our KGB.

Last edited by Pretzelogik; 01-12-2014 at 08:28 AM..

Old 01-12-2014, 08:25 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
I don't get it. Seems they are righting a wrong from a long time ago. What is the problem?

If you buy a stolen car that has a fake title do you expect to keep it when the rightful owner finds out?

Old 01-12-2014, 08:34 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,882 times
Default Obama Kicks Wyoming Residents Off Property And Gives It Away To Indians

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
At least reimburse the owners... How about we kick Obama out of his residence?

<sniff>

Smells like hyperpartisan BS.

From a source that isn't part of the lunatic fringe:

“We don’t have a fully binding decision,†Hardsocg said at the time. “We do in the state, but the state is then put in a position of having to rely on the federal government’s view for its direction.â€
Hardsocg went on to say that rulings by the state Supreme Court have “secondary authority†over anything by the federal government.
“At the end of the day state lawyers acknowledge that this determination is a federal question and must be determined to a final point in the federal courts,†said Mark Howell, a Washington, D.C., lobbyist who represents the Northern Arapaho. “That’s what this EPA decision will allow all parties to do.â€
There have been at least two cases heard in state courts about the boundary in the past 30 years.
A case heard in courts throughout the first half of the 1980s discussed water rights in the central region of the state and on the reservation. The state Supreme Court concluded that Riverton was on the reservation.
A 2008 murder case involving tribal members left the Wyoming Supreme Court to determine that Riverton was not part of the reservation. State and local officials are hinging on the 2008 ruling as their lynchpin for ensuring Riverton is not recognized as being on the reservation.
The cases heard in the state courts don’t set solid precedents because they don’t directly address the boundary issues and don’t involve both tribes, the state and federal government all at once, Howell said.

Tribe claims state of Wyoming changed its tune on EPA, Riverton

Old 01-12-2014, 08:52 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I don't get it. Seems they are righting a wrong from a long time ago. What is the problem?

If you buy a stolen car that has a fake title do you expect to keep it when the rightful owner finds out?
LOL..there is nothing altruistic about what the EPA did.
Go read WHY they did it.

Follow the money my friend.

Old 01-12-2014, 09:12 AM

2,226 posts, read 2,103,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
You are also not a Native American.

All of them are dead.
This is a joke, right!

Old 01-12-2014, 09:23 AM

2,798 posts, read 2,677,083 times
You guys.
Anything to bash the pres.
Sen. Cale Case: EPA ruling deals with air quality matters only; Taxation and criminal jurisdiction unchanged - County 10

Old 01-12-2014, 09:28 AM

3,617 posts, read 3,884,082 times
Thanks for posting this; that's a lot less outrageous than it's being portrayed here. I'm still very uncomfortable with the legal/administrative precedent - as it appears all the locals in the article who aren't tribe members are as well, and with good reason - but it's not something worth getting angry about as-is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies