Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 04:48 PM

1,131 posts, read 2,025,968 times

Advertisements

"He/She presents a healthy figure" is pretty damn low on the list of characteristics I value in a president.

Last edited by madpaddy; 01-10-2014 at 05:08 PM..

Old 01-10-2014, 05:01 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I don't think most politicians are good people but him being so large gives me questions like what if he had a heart attack on the job or is it a good way for other countries to see the USA as a fat country?
Anyone who has or will visit the US can see for themselves that 2/3's of the population is overweight/obese.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 01-10-2014 at 05:12 PM..

Old 01-10-2014, 05:23 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou
I don't think most politicians are good people but him being so large gives me questions like what if he had a heart attack on the job or is it a good way for other countries to see the USA as a fat country?
That ship has sailed, my friend.

Old 01-10-2014, 05:53 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
I don't want Christie to get the nomination. Not because of his weight, but because of his positions. Christie is an advocate of gun control and has a tendency to lean left. He can lose all the weight he wants and he still will not receive my support.. That said, I hope he does well with his weight reduction.

Old 01-10-2014, 06:03 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Kinda strange how we just say all politicians are evil by default because they are politicians!

Like we know all politicians? must just be the cool hip thing to do, disrespect Government employees.
You have a point. My dad (very skinny) was a pol, and he wasn't a crook. However, if you get fairly high up in politics, you have to do a lot of compromising, and some people don't like that.

Old 01-10-2014, 06:49 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Default Being a conservative bigger problem for tubby

His incredibly large girth doesn't bother me. Even the bigger version of Dick Cheney would be completely eclipsed by the shadow of the hippo. He's not a poster boy for healthy living. What bothers me is that he's a CONSERVATIVE. Lousy policies. Protect the rich while everyone else goes to hell. Unable to run an economy. Doesn't mind running up the debt. Clueless about civil rights. OK with displacing millions of qualified Americans for foreign labor. Hold the lid on taxes while we get eaten alive by fees. Deregulation leads to predatory lending, Wall Street abuses, housing crisis, mortgage crisis, education crisis, medical care crisis, crime crisis, immigration crisis, more racial discrimination, oil crisis, largest oil spill in history because of cutting corners, food recalls, product recalls, safety violations. Infrastructure takes a hit. So does medical research. Medicare would be in jeopardy. So on and so forth.

The obesity crisis is a problem, but CONSERVATISM is worse. Big fail here with tubby.

Old 01-10-2014, 06:57 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Quote:
Okay this sounds horrific and I will be honest and say I don't know what he stands for. However the obesity epidemic is out of control and I feel he is a bad example for that. I feel we shouldn't be rewarding people for horrible behavior.
So you propose punishing him? Get ready for a train of punishing for habits then. Obama smokes.

Old 01-11-2014, 02:19 AM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
Quote:
Okay this sounds horrific and I will be honest and say I don't know what he stands for. However the obesity epidemic is out of control and I feel he is a bad example for that. I feel we shouldn't be rewarding people for horrible behavior.
I don't think it sounds horrific. The man is morbidly obese. While he should be credited with trying to turn that around, he has probably already damaged his body and health. He's not just 50 lbs over weight or even 75 lbs over, the man is HUGE. We aren't talking about an average fat person here, he could hardly walk last year. Where's his self control? If he can't take care of himself, how is he supposed to take care of a nation. His running mate better be damn good, cause he would stand a good chance of having to take over.

Old 01-11-2014, 02:29 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
Those that would judge a candidate on looks or weight are the lowest of informational voters.

Rick Chenny had a busted heart and was VP...no one called for him to resign because of his medical issues. No one even seriously debated if he should remain in office...but Christie's weight is a "problem"?

keep voting for the pretty suits and see what that gets you.

Old 01-11-2014, 02:31 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Those that would judge a candidate on looks or weight are the lowest of informational voters.

Rick Chenny had a busted heart and was VP...no one called for him to resign because of his medical issues. No one even seriously debated if he should remain in office...but Christie's weight is a "problem"?

keep voting for the pretty suits and see what that gets you.
Hell just froze over.... We agree on something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies