Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 06:49 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,267,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The woman in the video is not in uniform, so I suspect she is a temp.

She could use the exercise she would get from doing her job properly.

I worked one summer as a temp for the Post Office many years ago. I was in great shape when I went back to school in the fall! I had some routes where mail was delivered to curbside boxes. Others still had boxes next to the front door. You had to walk --- carrying a heavy bag.

Our local people in the branches are pleasant to work with. However, we have recently had two packages addressed to us that the Post Office tracked as delivered when they were not, one to our home address and one to DH's office. One was found and delivered a week later. The other has never shown up. I will no longer trust USPS tracking and will not use Parcel Post if another option is available. If USPS is used, it would be wise to get signature confirmation of delivery.
"so I suspect she is a temp' And on what data do you make this grand assumption?

I constantly find it amazing how so many people on here makes these kinds of declarations without a SINGLE bit of data to back kit up.

Hint, MY postwoman is full time and NEVER wears a uniform AND her postal "truck" looks NOTHING like the one shown in this video because it is her OWN vehicle.

Based on your "reasoning", I guess my mail isn't delivered by a "postal" worker at all but, by some imposter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2014, 06:56 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"so I suspect she is a temp' And on what data do you make this grand assumption?

I constantly find it amazing how so many people on here makes these kinds of declarations without a SINGLE bit of data to back kit up.

Hint, MY postwoman is full time and NEVER wears a uniform AND her postal "truck" looks NOTHING like the one shown in this video because it is her OWN vehicle.

Based on your "reasoning", I guess my mail isn't delivered by a "postal" worker at all but, by some imposter.
In our area the post office has gone to private contractors....they use their own vehicles and no uniform.

It is very possible your postman is not a government employee.......she will always do a better job....or, lose the contract.

Old 04-02-2014, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
UPS and Fedex workers are 100x worse.

Here's a UPS driver running behind schedule and throwing deliveries like newspapers.

UPS Delivery Driver Running Behind Schedule - YouTube

Here's a Fedex employee throwing a computer monitor over a fence.

FedEx Guy Throwing Computer Monitor Over Fence - YouTube

Here's a link showing Fedex and UPS workers damaging boxes in ways USPS workers would never do.

FedEx and UPS, shame on you ! - YouTube

I would post a video showing how Fedex and UPS workers damage deliveries in the warehouse (but they use so much vulgar language that the video can't be posted in this forum.)

USPS workers have much more respect for their jobs than UPS and Fedex workers do, maybe because USPS workers wear uniforms affiliated with the US government?
"UPS and Fedex workers are 100x worse." I disagree totally. Packages are SUPPOSED to be packed in such a way thet the packaging PROTECTS the contents with rough handling.

"Here's a Fedex employee throwing a computer monitor over a fence. WRONG. He did NOT throw the package, he tossed it it. I am NOT surprised you don't know the difference.

"USPS workers have much more respect for their jobs than UPS and Fedex workers do" really? Hod do you know this?

Have you worked for ANY of them? I doubt it. Or do you just spout off with NO real knowledge or just your biased opinion.

I worked 1 summer for the Post Office handling packages.

Being teenagers and not knowing any better, we would treat ANYTHING marked "FRAGILE" a lot WORSE then other packages.

Old 04-02-2014, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
In our area the post office has gone to private contractors....they use their own vehicles and no uniform.

It is very possible your postman is not a government employee.......she will always do a better job....or, lose the contract.
The USPS is a quasi government agency.

In general employees ARE considered federal employees and are covered by the Dept. of Labor. ALL postal benefits are controlled by the office of Personnel Management.

I agree the Post office DOES contact out some of its delivery services.

However, MY Postman IS a NOT a contractor.

Old 04-02-2014, 11:00 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Quote:
The USPS is a quasi government agency.

In general employees ARE considered federal employees and are covered by the Dept. of Labor. ALL postal benefits are controlled by the office of Personnel Management.

I agree the Post office DOES contact out some of its delivery services.

However, MY Postman IS a NOT a contractor.
In our are they are private contractors.

Old 04-02-2014, 02:27 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,651,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
The UPS and fedex drivers arent any better or worse than the USPS, but the difference is they will be fired after its recognized they have lost the company money and customers.
Saying a USPS worker has more respect for the job because of a US guv issued uniform is just emotional blathering
Citizens typically know their USPS workers, so they act more professional on their routes.

And when a UPS or Fedex driver gets behind schedule they throw boxes like professional athletes. The following video's are from the same house, and show 2 different UPS drivers.

This UPS driver's package throw is an incredible distance, but what if something fragile is in the box?

UPS Delivery Driver Running Behind Schedule - YouTube

At 1:04 in the following link it shows a different UPS driver tossing boxes to the same house.

FedEx and UPS, shame on you ! - YouTube

How often do 2 separate USPS workers throw boxes to the same house?

Those UPS/Fedex drivers were only doing what they (had) to do to stay on schedule, and personally I have done similar things at jobs to save time and stay on schedule.

But clearly USPS workers treat their deliveries with more care.

Old 04-02-2014, 09:00 PM

Quote:
"UPS and Fedex workers are 100x worse." I disagree totally. Packages are SUPPOSED to be packed in such a way thet the packaging PROTECTS the contents with rough handling.

"Here's a Fedex employee throwing a computer monitor over a fence. WRONG. He did NOT throw the package, he tossed it it. I am NOT surprised you don't know the difference.

"USPS workers have much more respect for their jobs than UPS and Fedex workers do" really? Hod do you know this?

Have you worked for ANY of them? I doubt it. Or do you just spout off with NO real knowledge or just your biased opinion.

I worked 1 summer for the Post Office handling packages.

Being teenagers and not knowing any better, we would treat ANYTHING marked "FRAGILE" a lot WORSE then other packages.
The definition of the word "toss" is to throw something.

Toss (definition),

1. To throw lightly or casually or with a sudden slight jerk: tossed the shirt on the floor.
2. To throw, fling, or heave continuously about; pitch to and fro: boats that were tossed by the storm.
3. To throw upward

toss - definition of toss by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

I will reword my statement,

The Fedex driver used a two handed overhead throw method when he (tossed) the computer monitor over the fence.

FedEx Guy Throwing Computer Monitor Over Fence - YouTube

Happy now??

Chad.

Last edited by chad3; 04-02-2014 at 09:17 PM..

Old 04-02-2014, 09:10 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
I have a really good postwoman doing my route. She's been the person delivering mail to my house since I moved here. Only one mistake in 7 years, and that was she accidentally left my package in the postal van and came back and delivered it after she realized it. That's a pretty good track record. A lot of (right-wing) Americans love to ***** about the USPS, but none of you guys have any experience with Crappy Royal Mail (privatized).

And, as I keep mentioning to RWNJs, the USPS's function is constitutional. The USPS is the direct successor to the United States Post Office Department, and the first person to head it was Ben Franklin; you know, one of the Founding Fathers. So, you neo-Confederates, who love the Constitution (I suppose only the parts you agree with), that think privatization is the answer to all of society's ills, I've got a bridge to sell you

Old 04-02-2014, 09:18 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,959,158 times

Last edited by db108108; 04-02-2014 at 09:18 PM.. Reason: Wrong thread

Old 04-02-2014, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I have a really good postwoman doing my route. She's been the person delivering mail to my house since I moved here. Only one mistake in 7 years, and that was she accidentally left my package in the postal van and came back and delivered it after she realized it. That's a pretty good track record. A lot of (right-wing) Americans love to ***** about the USPS, but none of you guys have any experience with Crappy Royal Mail (privatized).

And, as I keep mentioning to RWNJs, the USPS's function is constitutional. The USPS is the direct successor to the United States Post Office Department, and the first person to head it was Ben Franklin; you know, one of the Founding Fathers. So, you neo-Confederates, who love the Constitution (I suppose only the parts you agree with), that think privatization is the answer to all of society's ills, I've got a bridge to sell you
Fox news, Rush radio, and the CEO republican politicians got them to desire abolishing the USPS, so the USPS budget will get transferred to corporate America.

Just like they want to privatize Social Security so everyone's retirement money gets transferred to Wall Street corporations, or want increased military spending so the weapons corporations get more money, or want to abolish the EPA, FDA, and IRS so they can no longer regulate and fine large corporations, or refuse to combat global warming because it will decrease corporate profits, ex.ex.

They want to abolish 90% of the US government all the way down to public schools and public libraries.

They want to abolish every government agency that has the power to regulate or fine large corporations.
And they want to abolish every government assisted structure who's funding can be transferred to corporate America.

And they want tax cuts like these,

Romney's Economic Plan Includes $6.6 Trillion Tax Cut For The Rich And Corporations | ThinkProgress
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies